• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PvP Health Bars and TAB

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Pressing Tab shows you the names of players on the server.

Ever since the health bar indicator has been introduced, it also shows that.

Which means that clever individuals are seeing who takes damage anywhere in the server, and then rightly figuring that the person is off in the wilds. With a simple /hero whois, the TAB health bar, and a knowledge of the HC community, you barely even need track to gank people.

Remove the Health Bar from TAB display of names.

edit:NOT suggesting to remove the entire health display from combat...

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Pressing Tab shows you the names of players on the server.

Ever since the health bar indicator has been introduced, it also shows that.

Which means that clever individuals are seeing who takes damage anywhere in the server, and then rightly figuring that the person is off in the wilds. With a simple /hero whois, the TAB health bar, and a knowledge of the HC community, you barely even need track to gank people.

Remove the Health Bar from TAB display of names.
I think its sorta useless tbh but how do you find them without track?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
You still need one track or deathmark, however, it lets people know who is in combat globally.

Let's face it, you RARELY take damage in a nice safe region, unless someone is already there raiding it.

This is a world-wide combat indicator, and isn't hardcore. It would be worth to keep for the health bar next to the nametag, but lets at least try to remove the TAB aspect of it.

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
I think it's the GUI display side-effect of the diamonds being slapped on next to your name. Didn't Kainzo say he only wanted them to be only shown for players who hits the target eventually? It will be solved at the same time as when that happens I would think.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Not one person has gone " oh look he's taken 2 crystals of damage *slips on hunting shoes*" just because you can see someone has taken damage it does not mean they are going to get hunted does it XD maybe that person is in a mineshaft fighting a skeleton? Maybe a spider spawned in the under city of a township? If anyone presses tab they choose a name at random not because they have taken some fall damage of such in the past 5 seconds....

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Not one person has gone " oh look he's taken 2 crystals of damage *slips on hunting shoes*" just because you can see someone has taken damage it does not mean they are going to get hunted does it XD maybe that person is in a mineshaft fighting a skeleton? Maybe a spider spawned in the under city of a township? If anyone presses tab they choose a name at random not because they have taken some fall damage of such in the past 5 seconds....
Try it sometime and then get back to me, theres a 95% chance that the person you want to kill is outside of a region (gank-able) whenever they take damage (spend a few seconds checking TAB to see who is remaining in combat for extended periods of time, then choose a name).
Often they are leveling, and you can get their leveling drops.

Not only has my alliance used this to choose targets, but I have confirmation from other players in-game that they use it too.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Frankly I think this is a dumb thread and checking out other players health through the use of tab makes no difference to hunting someone, but w/e it's down to the communities thoughts not mine

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
It's actually more profitable to hunt people when they are mining. For hunting levellers waiting for a PvE death message will always be the fall back and the best way to hunt anyone really is to /town who, a track and /town region info <town> and compare their coords.

Maybe a spider spawned in the under city of a township?
This can't happen unless the region is down/plugin broken since hostile mob spawns are disabled within town regions.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
It's actually more profitable to hunt people when they are mining. For hunting levellers waiting for a PvE death message will always be the fall back and the best way to hunt anyone really is to /town who, a track and /town region info <town> and compare their coords.
My above post applies to people who are mining too, Pve and Pvp are both affected by this easy-mode target selection. The current implementation of Health bars and Tab name list gives a global damage indicator, and most often that also functions as a global combat indicator regardless of whether the combat is Pve, pvp, in a mine, or at a swamp.