• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PvE - A Haven for Safe Leveling -

ben127127

Glowing Redstone
Hi everyone, I'm going to discuss what I think should be changed about the PvE world. Please reply to this post without, "No." or "This is dumb."

A Haven for Safe Leveling

Right now, a LostSoul can basically go to PvE, and build a small house. Its tough to get to T2, but its not too bad and eventually they hit level 20. Now, this is the time where I would recommend most LS go to PvP. But from the view of this newly mastered LS... why should they? All of their items are here, a nice house. And above all, its safe! So they don't leave. They stay, and they slowly level up. These T2 players are slowly maxing with no danger of their leveling being interrupted. It sounds too good to be true, but it is. After a while they hit level 65. Now this is when they get bored. "Hey. Ill go to PvP now." So they do. They go to PvP.
~ What problems are presented from this cycle? ~
- All new players go to PvE and tend to stay there. PvP is getting a small trickle of players where as PvE is being flooded.
- Most players in PvP are max level, making it very hard for low level players to PvP and even play there at all.
- Players can level fast and safe in PvE, which in my opinion isn't good for HC.

^^ Things not to be assumed from the above ^^
~ "So they don't leave. They stay, and they slowly level up." - "when they hit level 65", In these two quotes I am not saying LS ONLY either go to PvP at level 1, or 65. What I am trying to say is players usually only go to PvP close to max level.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my suggestion on how to solve this problem.

Problem Solving

Alright, how do we solve this problem? Well, I have an idea.
- Make PvE LS only.
The reason I think this is a good idea is because PvP is extremely difficult for a Lost Soul. Its simple, but true. A Lost Soul can barely defend itself against any other class. In fact, a Lost Soul stands little to no chance in PvP. But.. theres this other world. Where its safe for them to get out of Lost Soul, and then move on. I'm not saying PvP should be off limits to Lost Souls, but they should be the only ones allowed in PvE. But once they max out of LS, they won't really need it anymore. They can defend themselves in the world of PvP, they are more likely to get recruited into a town and they've learned the ins and outs of HC. Once they max out of LS, they are teleported to Central and can no longer enter that world. This transition can only be made after the use of a Codex, so they will have time to make the transition to PvP. As a result, PvP will be more populated, LS's can still level safely, and the over all server will improve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this section I will explain my thoughts and ideas on how to make this transition.

The Transition - LS only PvE

How could Kainzo and the rest of the staff make this transition? People live there! They have houses, mines, items... heck, some people even built towns. Now, this is going to be difficult. People would need time to transfer items, maybe join towns, get used to PvP etc... Well, so fine. I say we give all of the non-LS people who live in PvE them just that. Time. There would be a 5week timer, and during that time people would have plenty of time to change over to PvP. Thaaaankkss for reading!

Summary: Too many high level PvE players, can be fixed by making LS only PvE and the transition could be made with a 5 week timer.

-Ben

Ruger392

Obsidian
This thread doesnt solve anything and only makes it worse REALLY horrible idea'l.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
It's well worth exploring ways that Sanctuary and Aegis can support each other better rather than leaching from each other.

@ben127127 It is particularly useful that you are considering how changes would be implemented - the time frame, enabling players time to adjust to and prepare for the change.

A couple of ideas to throw in:
  • How about you can't level combat spec classes on Sanctuary - but you can still level Professions?
  • How about making the protection of items on Sanctuary a little tougher - such as capping towns at Hamlet size, reducing the size of personal regions on Sanctuary - generally with the intent of making it desirable to have your permanent home in a town on Aegis rather than Sanctuary?
Aaarrgh. These suggestions need to fit within an overall vision for the server. This is what's running through my head:
  1. PvP is core to the Heroes plug in and thus to the Herocraft experience.
  2. Aegis is best considered as the "main" map and Sanctuary as a support map for the Aegis experience.
  3. Players are encouraged to cooperate (via class restrictions) and band together (via towns).
My last point brings up a lot of stuff about towns, particularly making it attractive for towns to take in new members - that's off-topic for this thread but I wanted to touch on it for completeness.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Whats the difference between a Lvl 20 LostSoul and a Lvl 1 Spec'd class?
Not much in therms of defending themselves.
Personally, I planned on moving to PvP once I was decently leveled so I could ENJOY my fights.
Getting ganked while leveling as a Lvl 15 spec doesn't make for a fun fight IMO (Especially when theres 3 of them and they're all maxed)
PvP is best and most fun (IMO) when it's fair. BY fair I really only mean closely leveled. Sneak attacks and multiple people are tactics, being 40 levels higher than your opponent isn't.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Hi everyone, I'm going to discuss what I think should be changed about the PvE world. Please reply to this post without, "No." or "This is dumb."

A Haven for Safe Leveling

Right now, a LostSoul can basically go to PvE, and build a small house. Its tough to get to T2, but its not too bad and eventually they hit level 20. Now, this is the time where I would recommend most LS go to PvP. But from the view of this newly mastered LS... why should they? All of their items are here, a nice house. And above all, its safe! So they don't leave. They stay, and they slowly level up. These T2 players are slowly maxing with no danger of their leveling being interrupted. It sounds too good to be true, but it is. After a while they hit level 65. Now this is when they get bored. "Hey. Ill go to PvP now." So they do. They go to PvP.
~ What problems are presented from this cycle? ~
- All new players go to PvE and tend to stay there. PvP is getting a small trickle of players where as PvE is being flooded.
- Most players in PvP are max level, making it very hard for low level players to PvP and even play there at all.
- Players can level fast and safe in PvE, which in my opinion isn't good for HC.

^^ Things not to be assumed from the above ^^
~ "So they don't leave. They stay, and they slowly level up." - "when they hit level 65", In these two quotes I am not saying LS ONLY either go to PvP at level 1, or 65. What I am trying to say is players usually only go to PvP close to max level.

Here is my suggestion on how to solve this problem.

Problem Solving

Alright, how do we solve this problem? Well, I have an idea.
- Make PvE LS only.
The reason I think this is a good idea is because PvP is extremely difficult for a Lost Soul. Its simple, but true. A Lost Soul can barely defend itself against any other class. In fact, a Lost Soul stands little to no chance in PvP. But.. theres this other world. Where its safe for them to get out of Lost Soul, and then move on. I'm not saying PvP should be off limits to Lost Souls, but they should be the only ones allowed in PvE. But once they max out of LS, they won't really need it anymore. They can defend themselves in the world of PvP, they are more likely to get recruited into a town and they've learned the ins and outs of HC. Once they max out of LS, they are teleported to Central and can no longer enter that world. This transition can only be made after the use of a Codex, so they will have time to make the transition to PvP. As a result, PvP will be more populated, LS's can still level safely, and the over all server will improve.

In this section I will explain my thoughts and ideas on how to make this transition.

The Transition - LS only PvE

How could Kainzo and the rest of the staff make this transition? People live there! They have houses, mines, items... heck, some people even built towns. Now, this is going to be difficult. People would need time to transfer items, maybe join towns, get used to PvP etc... Well, so fine. I say we give all of the non-LS people who live in PvE them just that. Time. There would be a 5week timer, and during that time people would have plenty of time to change over to PvP. Thaaaankkss for reading!

Summary: Too many high level PvE players, can be fixed by making LS only PvE and the transition could be made with a 5 week timer.

-Ben
I can see the faults in this idea, it would be great in some ways, but enforcing such a rule would kill a decently large section of the server that is ok with Just PVE and not pve. So... sorry I don't think this will work
This thread doesnt solve anything and only makes it worse REALLY horrible idea'l.
It actually is a great idea, but not ideal with this situation on Herocraft
Could you expand on this? 'Its a really horrible idea" doesn't tell me what is wrong with it.
I agree, Trolls need to be more specific >.< Hahahahah
It's well worth exploring ways that Sanctuary and Aegis can support each other better rather than leaching from each other.
@ben127127 It is particularly useful that you are considering how changes would be implemented - the time frame, enabling players time to adjust to and prepare for the change.

• How about you can't level combat spec classes on Sanctuary - but you can still level Professions?
  • How about making the protection of items on Sanctuary a little tougher - such as capping towns at Hamlet size, reducing the size of personal regions on Sanctuary - generally with the intent of making it desirable to have your permanent home in a town on Aegis rather than Sanctuary?
Aaarrgh. These suggestions need to fit within an overall vision for the server. This is what's running through my head:
  2. Aegis is best considered as the "main" map and Sanctuary as a support map for the Aegis experience.
  3. Players are encouraged to cooperate (via class restrictions) and band together (via towns).
My last point brings up a lot of stuff about towns, particularly making it attractive for towns to take in new members - that's off-topic for this thread but I wanted to touch on it for completeness.
Personally, I planned on moving to PvP once I was decently leveled so I could ENJOY my fights.
Getting ganked while leveling as a Lvl 15 spec doesn't make for a fun fight IMO (Especially when theres 3 of them and they're all maxed)
PvP is best and most fun (IMO) when it's fair. BY fair I really only mean closely leveled. Sneak attacks and multiple people are tactics, being 40 levels higher than your opponent isn't.

I think it should be kept as is... Sigh~ T_T

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I strongly disagree with this suggestion evacuate of the following factors;

+forcing frequent PVE players to decide if they want a spec, they must go into the PVP world would loose a lot of players

+forcing people to leave their builds behind again! will loose many players

+ throwing people into the pan right after they spec isn't the best solution as it would cause confusion to newer players! flood PVP with players who don't actually want to PVP and possibly make people quit because of this

Overall I do think this suggestion would be a very poor decision. IMO people should be making suggestions on changing the PVP world rather than the PVE world to fix the whole 'system'. PVE is perfect right now, PVP on the other hand isn't.

ChazzaMaGazza

ICE ICE ICE!
The problem Is with this situation is there's always going to be someone unhappy about what has been (or will be changed) , always going to be disputes so I don't really see how anything that has been suggested will make everyone happy.

Northac

Obsidian
I like being on the PvE map, I don't like PvP and forcing me to go would make me want to leave. I enjoy the server because I can play as a rpg class, build my home the way I want and explore and do what ever. Forcing someone (lets stay with me atm for clarity) to have to go to pvp to play as a class would in effect make it much like the old main map and resource map. And it was my understanding that the intent was to have separate maps that are the full experience, not a rehash of what was already done.

I can understand the pvp players wanting more people to be on the server so there is more actual pvp. And making suggestions (like this one) is a MUCH better way to attempt change instead of just complaining about the server supposedly dying.
While I disagree with the suggestion put forth here, I can understand the reasons behind it, and I do hope we can as a community find a way to bring more pvp back into the server for those who enjoy it.

ben127127

Glowing Redstone
I like being on the PvE map, I don't like PvP and forcing me to go would make me want to leave. I enjoy the server because I can play as a rpg class, build my home the way I want and explore and do what ever. Forcing someone (lets stay with me atm for clarity) to have to go to pvp to play as a class would in effect make it much like the old main map and resource map. And it was my understanding that the intent was to have separate maps that are the full experience, not a rehash of what was already done.

I can understand the pvp players wanting more people to be on the server so there is more actual pvp. And making suggestions (like this one) is a MUCH better way to attempt change instead of just complaining about the server supposedly dying.
While I disagree with the suggestion put forth here, I can understand the reasons behind it, and I do hope we can as a community find a way to bring more pvp back into the server for those who enjoy it.
Thank you for the response, and I understand your reasoning.

I strongly disagree with this suggestion evacuate of the following factors;

+forcing frequent PVE players to decide if they want a spec, they must go into the PVP world would loose a lot of players

+forcing people to leave their builds behind again! will loose many players

+ throwing people into the pan right after they spec isn't the best solution as it would cause confusion to newer players! flood PVP with players who don't actually want to PVP and possibly make people quit because of this

Overall I do think this suggestion would be a very poor decision. IMO people should be making suggestions on changing the PVP world rather than the PVE world to fix the whole 'system'. PVE is perfect right now, PVP on the other hand isn't.
I understand and I agree... I think I'll leave this idea up for people to see and reply to and then later bunch it all up in a new psot.
I can see the faults in this idea, it would be great in some ways, but enforcing such a rule would kill a decently large section of the server that is ok with Just PVE and not pve. So... sorry I don't think this will work

It actually is a great idea, but not ideal with this situation on Herocraft

I agree, Trolls need to be more specific >.< Hahahahah

I think it should be kept as is... Sigh~ T_T

Thanks for the response.

---Right, so I am going to take this all into account and make a new poster later. Maybe in a few months. I think what everyone is saying here is something needs to change in PvP, not PvE. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ben127127

Glowing Redstone

I really like these ideas, thank you!

What I was trying to say is a spec'd class should go to PvP, because most can get from lvl 1-10 pretty fast. It is hard to defend at low level spec, and I know that, but its better than a LS.

RagingDragon5

Portal
There are people who don't want to PVP at all so they stay on PVE. Forcing them to go to PVP would be a big mistake. Those who really wants to go to PVP will. Staff shouldn't force players on how to play, exception with the rules.

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
There are people who don't want to PVP at all so they stay on PVE. Forcing them to go to PVP would be a big mistake. Those who really wants to go to PVP will. Staff shouldn't force players on how to play, exception with the rules.
i agree completely if this were to happen i would just reset my hero levels so i could stay on pve or i would quit

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
This exactly.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I really like these ideas, thank you!

What I was trying to say is a spec'd class should go to PvP, because most can get from lvl 1-10 pretty fast. It is hard to defend at low level spec, and I know that, but its better than a LS.
Not really.
Once a spec is into the 30's they can handle themselves (I've taken out max classes at 40 so it possible)
Before the 30's even a spec'd class can't really defend themselves.

Ultimately there is no perfect solution.

Props on trying though, the more people try the more likely we are to find on that'll work

ben127127

Glowing Redstone
It seems many people agree with this, I'll take this into account. Thank you.