• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Proposed Changes to Certain Skills

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Herocraft contains a wide number of skills and I believe most of these suit the game well. However, one thing to see is that Minecraft is an action game. You jump around in real time and hit things. It's not a turn based or combat lock RPG game, so there are certain existing skills that I feel are inappropriate or effortless. Most of these skills are random number skills, and party buffs.

Arrowstorm:
Current: You shoot between 15-30 arrows at a rate of 2-9 per second.
Proposal: You fire 21 arrows at a rate of 3 arrows per second.
Random number skill - it should be more consistent. The current description may be inaccurate as the ingame description of arrowstorm is incorrect at the moment.

Soulfire:
Current: Your attacks have a 7.0% chance to ignite their target.
Proposal: Your next melee attack ignites your target.
Random number based skill currently. Would prefer if it was an on-next-hit ability. Cooldown and duration would be adjusted based on this.

Bladegrasp:
Current: You have a 1.799% chance to block incoming damage for 5 seconds.
Proposal: You negate the next instance of damage.
Pretty sure this skill scales up as you level. Nonetheless, I'd still like for there to be less RNG skills.

Blackjack:
Current: Your attacks have a 10.0% chance to stun your target.
Proposal: Your next melee attack stuns your target.
See soulfire: It's a random number based skill. It should stun for longer than it does currently but be guaranteed on next hit, with an appropriate cooldown.

Backstab:
Current: You have a 20.0% chance to deal 150.0% damage when attacking from behind!
Proposal: You deal 125.0% damage when attacking targets from behind. or 175.0% damage when sneaking.
Also random number: Less damage, but a guarantee when attacking from behind. Could be tweaked.

Might:
Current: You increase your party's damage with weapons by 25.0%!
Proposal: Your party deals 35% extra damage with weapons for their next 3 attacks.
Party wide buffs require no ability apart from pressing a key. This would require you to time activation of the skill rather than just keeping it on constantly. The additional 10% damage would also let it work with weapons that deal 3 damage.

Wisdom:
Current: You party benefits from 80.0% increased mana regeneration.
Proposal: Your party takes 50% less mana for their next three spells.
See Might: This would promote you to time it with your parties more expensive skills, such as megabolt or guardian angel, rather than keeping it on constantly.

Chakra:
Current: You restore 10 health and dispel negative effects from all nearby party-members.
Proposal: You restore 5 health and dispel negative effects from all nearby party-members, restoring an additional 3 health for every condition dispelled.
Lower it's efficiency as an instant-cast group heal and promote use as a cleanse, aswell as rewarding players who use it well.

Obviously, all values could be tweaked, but what I'm trying to say is that random number based skills, as well as long-duration party wide buffs don't really fit with the combat in Minecraft or, by extension, Herocraft.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Herocraft contains a wide number of skills and I believe most of these suit the game well. However, one thing to see is that Minecraft is an action game. You jump around in real time and hit things. It's not a turn based or combat lock RPG game, so there are certain existing skills that I feel are inappropriate or effortless. Most of these skills are random number skills, and party buffs.

Soulfire:
Current: Your attacks have a 7.0% chance to ignite their target.
Proposal: Your next melee attack ignites your target.
Random number based skill currently. Would prefer if it was an on-next-hit ability. Cooldown and duration would be adjusted based on this.

Blackjack:
Current: Your attacks have a 10.0% chance to stun your target.
Proposal: Your next melee attack stuns your target.
See soulfire: It's a random number based skill. It should stun for longer than it does currently but be guaranteed on next hit, with an appropriate cooldown.

Backstab:
Current: You have a 20.0% chance to deal 150.0% damage when attacking from behind!
Proposal: You deal 125.0% damage when attacking targets from behind. or 175.0% damage when sneaking.
Also random number: Less damage, but a guarantee when attacking from behind. Could be tweaked.

Might:
Current: You increase your party's damage with weapons by 25.0%!
Proposal: Your party deals 35% extra damage with weapons for their next 3 attacks.
Party wide buffs require no ability apart from pressing a key. This would require you to time activation of the skill rather than just keeping it on constantly. The additional 10% damage would also let it work with weapons that deal 3 damage.

Wisdom:
Current: You party benefits from 80.0% increased mana regeneration.
Proposal: Your party takes 50% less mana for their next three spells.
See Might: This would promote you to time it with your parties more expensive skills, such as megabolt or guardian angel, rather than keeping it on constantly.

Chakra:
Current: You restore 10 health and dispel negative effects from all nearby party-members.
Proposal: You restore 5 health and dispel negative effects from all nearby party-members, restoring an additional 3 health for every condition dispelled.
Lower it's efficiency as an instant-cast group heal and promote use as a cleanse, aswell as rewarding players who use it well.

Obviously, all values could be tweaked, but what I'm trying to say is that random number based skills, as well as long-duration party wide buffs don't really fit with the combat in Minecraft or, by extension, Herocraft.

I agree with everything but Might, Wisdom, and Somewhat-Chakra. Might and Wisdom are fine now, Chakra should still restore 10 health, as well as the Additional 3 per condition (other than poison, you don't get effecting by things often.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
I agree with everything but Might, Wisdom, and Somewhat-Chakra. Might and Wisdom are fine now, Chakra should still restore 10 health, as well as the Additional 3 per condition (other than poison, you don't get effecting by things often.

I disagree - I'm not a fan of skills that you can just keep on constantly with timing. When people use might or wisdom, they just spam them whenever they end to keep it up constantly. If you instead had to time it in synch with when it would be most efficient, it would add an degree of timing and skill to use these skills. You could still use them every time they were available and it would still be good - but not as good. As for Chakra, it currently does a pretty good heal for an instant-cast spell and I think that it shouldn't be that great if you use it for the sake of using it. Chakra dispells more negative effects than any other spell - and could heal a good amount of effects if facing, for instance, a necromancer.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand

I disagree - I'm not a fan of skills that you can just keep on constantly with timing. When people use might or wisdom, they just spam them whenever they end to keep it up constantly. If you instead had to time it in synch with when it would be most efficient, it would add an degree of timing and skill to use these skills. You could still use them every time they were available and it would still be good - but not as good. As for Chakra, it currently does a pretty good heal for an instant-cast spell and I think that it shouldn't be that great if you use it for the sake of using it. Chakra dispells more negative effects than any other spell - and could heal a good amount of effects if facing, for instance, a necromancer.

Personaly, I am a fan of buffs... perhaps after the buff has taken place and the effect has ended, there is a 30 second cooldown on when you can recieve it again.

Chakra should retain their healing abilities as well as the buff to their dispel, simply because if they got a nerf on their healing power, they wouldn't be as accepted into MA runs. Their damage isn't great as it is.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Added in Arrowstorm and Bladegrasp to the suggestions since both of those are also random based skills.

Might/wisdom changes are great ideas - they encourage tactics and timed-attacks instead of merely adding a pointless one or two damage (or 0) to melee or a way to make MA easy mode.

I like the soulfire/blackjack ideas, but bear in mind that an imba-hit could potentially be made (blackjack + envenom + backstab).

Current arrowstorm is just pathetic. IMO still needs to be a bit random, so that we can't rely only on it, but rates need to be turned up significantly.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
I like the soulfire/blackjack ideas, but bear in mind that an imba-hit could potentially be made (blackjack + envenom + backstab).

Possibly, but currently that can happen too - the difference is it's like, maybe that thief can land an imba combo and destroy me, if I'm not lucky enough. If it were guaranteed it would just be part of the class, and it would only be on the next one hit anyway.

Current arrowstorm is just pathetic. IMO still needs to be a bit random, so that we can't rely only on it, but rates need to be turned up significantly.

Rangers are a ranged class so I don't think arrowstorm should be ridiculous. If you can land every shot that's 21 hits and it's still fairly rapid. However, I've never played ranger, but I'd say 3-4 arrows per second is probably reasonable.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
As for Chakra, it currently does a pretty good heal for an instant-cast spell and I think that it shouldn't be that great if you use it for the sake of using it. Chakra dispells more negative effects than any other spell - and could heal a good amount of effects if facing, for instance, a necromancer.

I disagree, because this is a skill that should be reserved for a PVP based class.

Chakra as is, restores minimal health. 10 health is pretty much one or two swings of melee, which can be in the blink of an eye on (lagtastic) minecraft. :)

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Personaly, I am a fan of buffs... perhaps after the buff has taken place and the effect has ended, there is a 30 second cooldown on when you can recieve it again.

I agree with a cooldown before they can accept buffs again, like how power word shield works on world of warcraft, or other various -similar- game mechanics.

It's a cool concept that there's a perfect time to counter attack while buffs are down.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Buffs like wisdom and might give bard's their effect. They are good how they are now. I realy don't see why they should be changed. Yes they are buffs that can be used with no end, but they don't have much else in the way of PvP going for them.