• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Proposal] Road Maintenance Crew this Weekend

BadHaddy

User Abuser
I am considering putting together a crew to restore the major roads in the Empire.

This weekend I want budget and fund a crew, who will source local materials to repair and update all major empire roads. After a short training session showing how the roads are expected to be constructed, we will inspect the major roads and ensure they are compliant with standards.

As I have been inspecting the infrastructure, construction projects and incidental damage have made the roads fall out of standard in certain areas. Primarily lighting issues, but also illegal traps, surface damage, and railing damage have taken their toll.

I would like to source material from the economy, to help stimulate the market. I would rather not have to pay my crews to dig around in the dirt when we have to start working the road.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
This would be really cool to see happen. I've walked down roads multiple times and get mauled by zombies or nearly fall to my death from holes in them.

Ginzuishou

Legacy Supporter 3
This would be really cool to see happen. I've walked down roads multiple times and get mauled by zombies or nearly fall to my death from holes in them.
Yup, I've had the same thing happen coming to Zeal from Midgard. Our road seems to be griefed a lot. @BadHaddy let me know what we need to fix the roads. I have tons of materials that are sitting around gathering dust, I would gladly donate them to this.

BadHaddy

User Abuser
A stretch of the Eastern Road has been widened. The road has been extended, and a good portion of it is now 'Class A' road. Meaning it is 7 units wide, it has curb, and it is lit every 5 units.

Later on a smaller crew will finish the Eastern Road to Zeal, and then I will build a team to take on the Northern road Saturday.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I am considering putting together a crew to restore the major roads in the Empire.

This weekend I want budget and fund a crew, who will source local materials to repair and update all major empire roads. After a short training session showing how the roads are expected to be constructed, we will inspect the major roads and ensure they are compliant with standards.

As I have been inspecting the infrastructure, construction projects and incidental damage have made the roads fall out of standard in certain areas. Primarily lighting issues, but also illegal traps, surface damage, and railing damage have taken their toll.

I would like to source material from the economy, to help stimulate the market. I would rather not have to pay my crews to dig around in the dirt when we have to start working the road.
We take in township taxes for this very reason - the townships pay tax to fund the reconstruction and projects!
Currently we have granted 5k coin to the Spires project

BlackOhso

Legacy Supporter 6
So with the construction of the new east road. Is an admin going to remove the road already built from zeal to midgard, or are we going to have to remove it?

BadHaddy

User Abuser
Only where the midgard road is in the path. And while i proposed it stop there, it may stop earlier or later.