• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Proposal:New Level Cap [30,40?]:Please Read B4 Replying

Super593

Glowstone
I made this post to better get this point across, because tbh mentioning it in o would be dumb.

Leveling is pretty uninteresting.

If it was, everyone would like grinding lol.

You can't honestly tell me people enjoy just grinding.

Look I'm not trying to insult the server, some people are fine with grinding and hey thats ok, but there's alot of people literally leaving because the server takes them too long to actually attain anything, and I don't mean people who get to level 5 and then quit because they see 60. I mean all the people who start to leave along the way and just get tired of repeating the same thing over and over.

If the level cap was just level 30-40. It'd make a big difference, People would have to grind far less to attain maximum level of their class, and so it would be easier for them to focus on setting up/doing other things as well. Not to mention it'd be less boring for them [I mean honestly, can you really say you enjoyed grinding from 0 to 60?]With a lower cap [And I think in the really, really old maps the caps actually were lower than 60], people wouldn't feel so far away from maxxing, in a nutshell they'd get into the pvp action and do other things quicker.

Before this server a long time ago used to have 200,300,400 even and sure that number decreased over time, it really did stay at-least 100+ if anything. Now it's just 20-40 people..

If you got to level 60 in like a day or two, or three this thread isn't for you.

Because guess what, not everyone can just sit down and use time for several hours of a day just hitting things to level, nor do they want too at all. A large majority will not have boosters with them, or castle exp bonuses, or etc,etc [Forgot where I was going with that]

People want to get in, do some stuff, pvp, build, and actually get into the action faster than they can now.

[Seriously, name one person that enjoys that grind]

Right now the playerbase is mostly donors or people that played on and off across the maps, we're struggling to retain newbies at all and I think something like this would really help out.

If you skipped this ^

TL:DR
: Decrease Level cap to 30-40, [Because it'd decrease the boredom of grinding, people would be able to rush into doing other things easier, as well as pvp at max level 4 example], and it would help actually keep the newbies in.

I'm not trying to DEMAND this, but I'm just stating out a possibility to at-least consider.

I made this post to better get this point across, because tbh mentioning it in o would be dumb.

Leveling is pretty uninteresting.

If it was, everyone would like grinding lol.

You can't honestly tell me people enjoy just grinding.

Look I'm not trying to insult the server, some people are fine with grinding and hey thats ok, but there's alot of people literally leaving because the server takes them too long to actually attain anything, and I don't mean people who get to level 5 and then quit because they see 60. I mean all the people who start to leave along the way and just get tired of repeating the same thing over and over.

If the level cap was just level 30-40. It'd make a big difference, People would have to grind far less to attain maximum level of their class, and so it would be easier for them to focus on setting up/doing other things as well. Not to mention it'd be less boring for them [I mean honestly, can you really say you enjoyed grinding from 0 to 60?]With a lower cap [And I think in the really, really old maps the caps actually were lower than 60], people wouldn't feel so far away from maxxing, in a nutshell they'd get into the pvp action and do other things quicker.

Before this server a long time ago used to have 200,300,400 even and sure that number decreased over time, it really did stay at-least 100+ if anything. Now it's just 20-40 people..

If you got to level 60 in like a day or two, or three this thread isn't for you.

Because guess what, not everyone can just sit down and use time for several hours of a day just hitting things to level, nor do they want too at all. A large majority will not have boosters with them, or castle exp bonuses, or etc,etc [Forgot where I was going with that]

People want to get in, do some stuff, pvp, build, and actually get into the action faster than they can now.

[Seriously, name one person that enjoys that grind]

Right now the playerbase is mostly donors or people that played on and off across the maps, we're struggling to retain newbies at all and I think something like this would really help out.

If you skipped this ^

TL:DR
: Decrease Level cap to 30-40, [Because it'd decrease the boredom of grinding, people would be able to rush into doing other things easier, as well as pvp at max level 4 example], and it would help actually keep the newbies in.

I'm not trying to DEMAND this, but I'm just stating out a possibility to at-least consider.
Apparently Koreans genuinely enjoy grinding. That's just what I hear from marketers at least...

Leveling wise, it's actually gotten a lot easier. I don't know the exact numbers, but basically you can get to like level 30-40 pretty much instantly with a large group of people. After that it starts getting tricky, but a good level 40 can beat a bad level 60 IMO.

The key to the exp curve is that it needs to be fast enough that you don't lose EVERYONE, but slow enough that it encourages people to buy exp boosts.

I'd personally enjoy it getting easier to level. I've never maxed out a character through the Heroes plugin before. I just absolutely hate grinding because I have some attention issues and unless I am actively entertained I'll just do something else. When I first joined people would say, "If you don't like the grind, Herocraft isn't for you." But seriously, what American 9-14 year old (major demographic of MC players) doesn't want instant gratification? It's what their entire life has been.

As for server population, the game goes through booms and busts depending on where it is in the map. In the beginning we'll get 100-160 people, and by now we'll average 20-40 in normal hours. It's just how MC servers work.