• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

proper procedure for claiming abandoned buildings etc

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
what is the official proper way to claim abandoned buildings etc?

look on forums a bit and cant find alot..
link ? help?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Claiming rules the last time I checked were this:
1. Look for a sign indicating the owner. Buildings of active players (use the /lastlogin <playername> command to check) can not be claimed without their permission.
2. Put up a sign with your name, date, and intention to claim.
3. After three days, if it is uncontested, you can put in a PE to confirm the claim and then it is yours with Mod approval.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Well I've been going by that you must put a claim sign down and 3 days later if it's still there it is yours.
You still need to double-check it is not the house of an active player, either by finding a sign or having a mod check. Otherwise someone who is on vacation for 4 days can come back to their home leveled/remodeled.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
cool this helps out alot.

couldnt find anything on the wiki.

will have to find a building and try it out. and document it for a new wiki page.

:D

thank you guys!!!

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
I have a question, do we have to put the sign where they can see it?

GraRona

Portal
I have a question, do we have to put the sign where they can see it?

I found it quite ludicrous that you are asking this question. The reason for placing the sign is to show whoever owns the place that you are trying to claim it. Putting the sign down in a place where they can not see it is a way of abusing the procedure to claim abandoned places.

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm an active player, say I have a house on the other side of the map from where I live. If I don't go to it in 3 days, yet am still active, can they claim it?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
1. Look for a sign indicating the owner. Buildings of active players (use the /lastlogin <playername> command to check) can not be claimed without their permission.

Granted if you never go to that house anymore you'll never know they claimed it, but legally they can not without your permission. The only exception to this I know of is if a nearby town expands and the house falls under their 100 blocks.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
3. After three days, if it is uncontested, you can put in a PE to confirm the claim and then it is yours with Mod approval.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
but what if there is no sign to designate ownership?
make a pe after the 3rd day and a Mob will probably log-block a few things to check who the owner is.

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
make a pe after the 3rd day and a Mob will probably log-block a few things to check who the owner is.
mod* I don't think mobs can check blocks.

Out of curiosity, shouldn't someone put this on the wiki if it's not there? I took a quick 5 second look and didn't see it.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Sure, I'll add it to the Rules page later.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Nope. it's a rule, so it goes on the rules page.

And if you read it, the FAQ page is kind of a joke :D

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
yeah i seen that.. :p

we should have a serious faq, with things like this and links to rules page.

make it very user friendly !!

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
It is user friendly! Read the rules page, and you won't have any more questions! But really, we want people to actually read the rules instead of skimming a FAQ page. That's why we did it :)