• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Profession EXP.

Ryunko

Iron
Ahm, i was taking a look and when you turn to Alchemist(as an example) your only way to get EXP is mining, but, thats no the job for the miners? the suggestion is, alchemists and other class getting exp for what they do.. like, brewing potions.. so theres no reason for that classes name.
Because of my lack in english i'll explain it better:
--how to get exp.
For Alchemist - Making potions, and materials from the cauldron.
For Miner- Mining and Smelting.
For Smith - Repairing and Smelting.
For Runesmith - Making Runestones.
For Merchants - Selling things.
For Enchanter - Enchanting.
that things...
Mining being the only way to get experience, makes the other classes lose the need for the group and its limitation RPG

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ahm, i was taking a look and when you turn to Alchemist(as an example) your only way to get EXP is mining, but, thats no the job for the miners? the suggestion is, alchemists and other class getting exp for what they do.. like, brewing potions.. so theres no reason for that classes name.
Because of my lack in english i'll explain it better:
--how to get exp.
For Alchemist - Making potions, and materials from the cauldron.
For Miner- Mining and Smelting.
For Smith - Repairing and Smelting.
For Runesmith - Making Runestones.
For Merchants - Selling things.
For Enchanter - Enchanting.
that things...
Mining being the only way to get experience, makes the other classes lose the need for the group and its limitation RPG
This is a fantastic idea, of course.
However, the issue is with programming - how do we tell the crafter that they just used a potion brewing stand from Bukkit?
We've run into issues.

We can definitely grant exp to Runesmiths for Runestone creation - that's a semi easy thing to do - but it may be a tad boring leveling by just creating Runestones.

Ryunko

Iron
This is a fantastic idea, of course.
However, the issue is with programming - how do we tell the crafter that they just used a potion brewing stand from Bukkit?
We've run into issues.

We can definitely grant exp to Runesmiths for Runestone creation - that's a semi easy thing to do - but it may be a tad boring leveling by just creating Runestones.
But, they can get exp from another ways ... of course runesmith its just creating runes, but this still minor boring than just mining its possible to add another job to runesmith i'll "work on that" but.. for alchemists an skill for creating pots, hold a strange potion on your hand and use it... would be a bit repetitive but the potions you can create increase by the level, and more the diffcult to create more exp... at the moment every profession you take you can just mine and mine.. and maning for real is rly annoying...
For enchanters as an example you can just put a reagent... like redstone to enchant.. so you can get exp from the enchant not loss, is a bit annoying to lose exp when you're trying to master it... the real problem is the "reagents" for every class.. you should get a way to get exp by getting this reagents too...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's not as easy as it sounds by "just putting a reagent" to a crafting ability like Redstone - it interfaces heavily with the enchanting table - and the API for that is less than desired.
Is it possible for farmers to get exp for planting? Or will there be problems coding that?
They would get exp for anything, including other blocks - but it is possible.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
I thought it was a plan to change enchanters to work like this, at least a few months ago it was. I've been away, though, so I don't know if this has changed (it seems like there've been some issues). I personally feel losing exp to enchant is kind of terrible considering no other profession has a drawback like that. And before I get a bunch of people talking about it's because they can enchant items which makes up for it, no. Plenty of professions get very nice abilities, and enchants aren't THAT major, especially considering many people just BUY them.

RagingDragon5

Portal
I feel like there should be a rework on every profession. Nothing is wrong with it now, but I feel like something should be different.

RagingDragon5

Portal
It's not as easy as it sounds by "just putting a reagent" to a crafting ability like Redstone - it interfaces heavily with the enchanting table - and the API for that is less than desired.

Is it possible to make a new tool. In a sense as the cauldron for alchemist. If we can make one for enchanters and make them use certain reagents for certain enchantments would be nice. Iron for sharpness, diamond for unbreaking. gold for efficiency, etc. I feel like enchanters should have more control on what enchantments they get. However, also make it so the enchantment can fail: Either by the weapon breaks all together and the reagents are still used. Or make it so the enchantments itself can fail while the reagents are still used.

Last edited: