• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Proctor Application:Joshtsai

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Just a quick side note that I am applying for both Guide and Proctor because I feel these positions go together hand in hand and already are very similar to each other.

On to the application:

1. Minecraft IGN: joshtsai

2. Position applying for: Proctor

3. Age | Timezone: 18 | Pacific Standard Time

4. How long have you been on Herocraft?: I started playing on May 23 2012, so just over 3 years

5. Why do you think you would make a good proctor?: I think I would make a good Proctor based on two factors, my history on the server and ability to judge things based on face value. I am one to always be active in chat constantly talking. I think the most important thing about a proctor is their ability to be stern yet helpful. This along side a high level of knowledge about the server’s chat rules and do’s/don’ts would help me be the best Proctor I could possibly be. Judging things at face value is also another important factor in being a proctor. To be able to look past what the meat of the conversation and to look at the style and meaning behind one’s chat message is the job of a Proctor. I know based on my own life that I am able to do this to the highest caliber. Another benefit I have is being in a very premium timezone based on the current staff ranks. I tend to play very late into the nights, and I have noticed that many proctors will be asleep(as they should be) around midnight my time, and often chat is left unmonitored.

6. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I was a Proctor a very long time ago, before Lightning was even one, I think I beat him by one day. I did leave the position due to inactivity, and the failure to alert the S.Proctor at the time was my fault. I think despite my tendency to lean towards PvP, I also am as helpful as possible in chat. I have a good history in helping people and in multiple leadership positions. I currently work as a youth administrator, making sure that middle school kids don’t kill themselves and leading a team of youth leaders making sure they perform their duties as mentors and not just glorified babysitters. Last year I was also the head drum major for a over 100 member Marching Band. My job their was to organize high school kids and make sure that they are safe, performing, and doing the best they possibly could be. I’m currently in college right now, and I do not feel as if this would interfere with my duties should I get the position. Aside from 2 weeks per semester there isn’t much to do in college. My schedule has lots of downtime where I can long in and just monitor chat and interact with people. I would also like to mention how I have only been back on this map for about a week, but I plan on being active and seeing Herocraft as it is wants to me help out and offer my skills.

I would like to also link to towards my previous applications to this position:

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/proctor-application-joshtsai.33382/

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/joshtsais-re-proctor-application.41778/

Last edited:

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Bumping because Kainzo mentioned that the server is looking for qualified staff.

Xelarator1

Obsidian
You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, your record is mostly clean and you've put some thought into your application.

Consider yourself accepted! @TimForReal

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Just a quick side note that I am applying for both Guide and Proctor because I feel these positions go together hand in hand and already are very similar to each other.

On to the application:

1. Minecraft IGN: joshtsai

2. Position applying for: Proctor

3. Age | Timezone: 18 | Pacific Standard Time

4. How long have you been on Herocraft?: I started playing on May 23 2012, so just over 3 years

5. Why do you think you would make a good proctor?: I think I would make a good Proctor based on two factors, my history on the server and ability to judge things based on face value. I am one to always be active in chat constantly talking. I think the most important thing about a proctor is their ability to be stern yet helpful. This along side a high level of knowledge about the server’s chat rules and do’s/don’ts would help me be the best Proctor I could possibly be. Judging things at face value is also another important factor in being a proctor. To be able to look past what the meat of the conversation and to look at the style and meaning behind one’s chat message is the job of a Proctor. I know based on my own life that I am able to do this to the highest caliber. Another benefit I have is being in a very premium timezone based on the current staff ranks. I tend to play very late into the nights, and I have noticed that many proctors will be asleep(as they should be) around midnight my time, and often chat is left unmonitored.

6. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I was a Proctor a very long time ago, before Lightning was even one, I think I beat him by one day. I did leave the position due to inactivity, and the failure to alert the S.Proctor at the time was my fault. I think despite my tendency to lean towards PvP, I also am as helpful as possible in chat. I have a good history in helping people and in multiple leadership positions. I currently work as a youth administrator, making sure that middle school kids don’t kill themselves and leading a team of youth leaders making sure they perform their duties as mentors and not just glorified babysitters. Last year I was also the head drum major for a over 100 member Marching Band. My job their was to organize high school kids and make sure that they are safe, performing, and doing the best they possibly could be. I’m currently in college right now, and I do not feel as if this would interfere with my duties should I get the position. Aside from 2 weeks per semester there isn’t much to do in college. My schedule has lots of downtime where I can long in and just monitor chat and interact with people. I would also like to mention how I have only been back on this map for about a week, but I plan on being active and seeing Herocraft as it is wants to me help out and offer my skills.

I would like to also link to towards my previous applications to this position:

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/proctor-application-joshtsai.33382/

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/joshtsais-re-proctor-application.41778/

Welcome! @Xelarator1