• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Problems with beginning on the server and hopefully solutions.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Not really. Especially not for shacks since they make so little anyway.

I'll run you though a quick break down;

+Hamlet can have 7 shacks
-produces 140 souls per cycle
+Hamlet upkeep without dragon eggs
-260 souls per cycle

Shacks alone account for more than half of my daily upkeep costs of my SR. I'm not pointing fingers here but you really shouldn't make statements like that if you haven't went though the process of creating a fairly sized SR though townships. Yes shacks may seem useless with a payout of 20 souls per cycle but changing their payouts to 0 would cripple most SR's. With the max amount of housing a hamlet can have other than shacks;

+5 houses (payout of 35 each at first level, 40 at second level)
- 175 souls first level, 200 second level
+3 chalets (payout of 68 each at first level, 75 at second level) ((also requires water buckets and sugar))
- 204 souls first level, 105 second level

You would only be making a max of 305 souls before taxes (if you have taxes). That leaves 45 souls spare per cycle left to further upgrade your SR apposed to a potential of having 185 souls per cycle. Keep in mind this can only be achieved if you were to max out your housing regions for a hamlet SR. So regarding changing shacks payouts to 0. That is a no with actual figures and experience as a mayor backing me with my decision.

Back on topic;

Now back on topic, the reason why camp sites aren't used mostly is because they are a temporary housing region (not sure why you would really need a temp one but what ever) and the fact they each drain 10 power per day. From a mayors point of view, 10 power per campsite is stupidly high and can easily add up to the point where you're loosing a lot of power per cycle.

Now this doesn't at all help the cit count nor does it help the functionality of a SR in general. So my idea to address all these problems is to give mayors a region that doesn't provide any benefit to the SR itself but more of a helping hand to control and help promote growth within SR's (plus give an actual reason to build regions that add to the cit count). To balance this, I suggest having a high build/ unlock cost and to drain at most the same amount of power shacks do.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm not pointing fingers here but you really shouldn't make statements like that if you haven't went though the process of creating a fairly sized SR though townships.
Is a T3, soon the be T4, town fairly sized enough? I do know what I'm talking about. Shacks are there but they are far from the money makes for towns.

I say remove the pop adding of shacks (Or Houses, the tier above shack) since most times you build a shack for a new player, no to increase you pop cap.

Pop caps in general feel stupid, they severely limit the growth of towns, and most towns won't tale noobs due to the pop cap (I mean less than they took them before, now it's like "Come back after 5 months")

Theshadown

Stone
Without population caps, 85% of the players would end up in the same 3 towns. I've seen that too much on other mc servers and a lot of MMOs. What happens at the end is that such concentration of people ruins the economy and makes the pvp extremely boring.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Also population caps are one of the mechanisms for encouraging players to upgrade their towns and move through the levels of the plug in.

However I agree it's good to have incentive in some form to accommodate and set up new players.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The main issue I see with pop caps is that getting to higher tier towns is either very diffuclty or really easy depending on the players experience, allies, previous resources etc.

A max tier town needs 80 people to be part of it minimum.
I think pop caps are way too low if we want them kept. Either make more pop increase buildings, raise the base pop caps, or just find SOMETHING to help towns. It really feels like no one recruits because they either want to save their last few spots for player who know to play or they are out of space and are trying to upgrade to the next tier.

Without population caps, 85% of the players would end up in the same 3 towns. I've seen that too much on other mc servers and a lot of MMOs. What happens at the end is that such concentration of people ruins the economy and makes the pvp extremely boring.
Removing them all together would probably lead to very large towns with the small ones being destroyed. But as they are now, pop caps restrict a towns ability to recruit (Let's all be glad the block requirements were heavily reduced from what they were).