• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Preserving the Testificate population

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
With the upcoming map, I strongly hope something can be done to save the Testificate villages. Not only are they important for trading 1.3, but they are part of the landscape. In dragon, all villages were griefed to shit, except the one in dg, and no testificates were left. Near the end (before the new map was announced) some players had planned to attempt repopulation with spawn eggs, but that was always impractical.

That said, I'm hard-pressed to think of a mechanism for protecting villages short of regions and invulnerability. If anyone can think of a more feasible solution please post here :)

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Not sure if there's any alternative to regions. I've griefed villages in SSP and SMP because they're a great source of torches, wood, and food.

Maybe have a wall for each town, only allowing one person to go in at a time for trade services.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
With the upcoming map, I strongly hope something can be done to save the Testificate villages. Not only are they important for trading 1.3, but they are part of the landscape. In dragon, all villages were griefed to shit, except the one in dg, and no testificates were left. Near the end (before the new map was announced) some players had planned to attempt repopulation with spawn eggs, but that was always impractical.

That said, I'm hard-pressed to think of a mechanism for protecting villages short of regions and invulnerability. If anyone can think of a more feasible solution please post here :)
maybe have perms that only someone can kill one only every x amount of days or hours

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
There is a way to make testificates invincible so they can't die ( I know they mean the same thing) then the only way people could fully destroy testificate population would be to completely destroy the villages themselfs.[DOUBLEPOST=1346797305,1346797274][/DOUBLEPOST]
They could be like the Cuccoos in Zelda.

They're invincible, but if you hit them enough times, they all swarm at you and attack you till you're nearly dead.
Lol we commented basicly the same thing withing a minuite

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Not sure if there's any alternative to regions. I've griefed villages in SSP and SMP because they're a great source of torches, wood, and food.

You know you get four times as much tree for cutting logs as cutting wooden planks right? :D

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
You know you get four times as much tree for cutting logs as cutting wooden planks right? :D
Apologies for not clarifying; I'm talking about a situation where there's a plains biome with no trees (a normality on big servers), and an already partially-griefed village.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I want to see 1 million hp Testificate, and have someone test how many Diamond Swords break when killing it as Ninja. You know, for science.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
You'll also need to make sure that they don't despawn or get mauled with ''MOB Wipes''.
this^

Also, I'm not sure if a karma system is still in the works (I remember at one point it seemed like a big priority, I dont really hear about it now) but that would be an excellent way to protect villagers.