• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

possibly banned/ terrain loader error?

IGN: I3lazinI3iatch

Banned by: no clue

Time of (possible) ban: early Sunday 8/23/15

Reason for Ban: once again, (if banned) no clue

Your Story: Dunno if I was banned or maybe the server just doesn't like me, seems I can access other servers just fine, but Herocraft lets me log in, then times out for loading the world. Anyone else having this issue??? Never happened before. and if banned whyyyyy :( I didn't do anything wrong! sad face

Last edited:

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
IGN: I3lazinI3iatch

Banned by: no clue

Time of (possible) ban: early Sunday 8/23/15

Reason for Ban: once again, (if banned) no clue

Your Story: Dunno if I was banned or maybe the server just doesn't like me, seems I can access other servers just fine, but Herocraft lets me log in, then times out for loading the world. Anyone else having this issue??? Never happened before. and if banned whyyyyy :( I didn't do anything wrong! sad face

You are not banned, only showing you lose connection/no error on our side. Restart client? Restart computer?

You are not banned, only showing you lose connection/no error on our side. Restart client? Restart computer?
Tried it. even to the point or reinstalling client. was enjoying the Herocraft experience immensely. le sigh.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's problem with the user and not the client. Would it be possible to make an exception to the rules and try and alt account with HC to test my theory?

Last edited:

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Tried it. even to the point or reinstalling client. was enjoying the Herocraft experience immensely. le sigh.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's problem with the user and not the client. Would it be possible to make an exception to the rules and try and alt account with HC to test my theory?

Sure, give it a shot and let me know.

Nada. I'm beginning to suspect all my college colleagues are sucking up the bandwidth. Is it possible I time out because of spiking/inconsistent internet bandwidth? I could see that as a possibility. If so, RIP my minecraft :'(

joshua624

Coal
Had this happen when I first moved into a dorm. Servers like to ban the IP associated with an entire university for the actions of one person. Since everyone at the uni/college runs on the same network, it is hard to determine what's an alt and what is truly different players. It could also be that college wifi sucks and that i'm glad I moved off campus as soon as I could.

Had this happen when I first moved into a dorm. Servers like to ban the IP associated with an entire university for the actions of one person. Since everyone at the uni/college runs on the same network, it is hard to determine what's an alt and what is truly different players. It could also be that college wifi sucks and that i'm glad I moved off campus as soon as I could.

If it is an alt vs truly different person is there any way I could appeal to Kainzo for a special leave of some kind? Been four days and I'm reallyyyy missing my hero craft!

JacobBurkey

Portal
It's not a ban...they already said that. You don't get dc'd constantly if you're banned, it tells you you're banned.

Google it.

Must. Resist. Sarcasm! guh!!

I'm convinced it must be a server/IP issue, most likely on my part. My reason for saying such things is, well, I just played multiple matches of LoL lag free with 20 ping. Pretty sure it ain't the internet having a connection issue. I also heard tales of "online minecraft server playability" dying on campus sometime last year. Regardless, this entire thing has been one giant mess and I'm sorry for having troubled you fellas.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3

I'm convinced it must be a server/IP issue, most likely on my part. My reason for saying such things is, well, I just played multiple matches of LoL lag free with 20 ping. Pretty sure it ain't the internet having a connection issue. I also heard tales of "online minecraft server playability" dying on campus sometime last year. Regardless, this entire thing has been one giant mess and I'm sorry for having troubled you fellas.
Wait wait wait! Try this: Go into your server list, click herocraft but don't open it. Go into the edit server losing menu, and click the "disable server texture pack" thing. It did this on the mod pack (part of the reason why I don't use the modpack) and I think it has something to do with the client ram limit that technic pack runs on. If this doesn't work, try installing some optimization mods, like FPS+ or something of the like. Optifine is a huge help too. Just you know, try all that stuff. You never know, you might get lucky.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Google it.
Yea i was just being a smartass lol. I dont know if it matters but make sure java is updated, reset your router, double check which ip you are using to connect (hc.to) i dont know if any or all of this shit matters or not but when something screws up for me i throw everything i can at it and see of something sticks. Best of luck.

JacobBurkey

Portal

I've seen multiple people have this problem while logging in, usually they just have to keep closing minecraft, reopening and trying again until it works.