• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Poll: Should Dmil be banned/unwhitelisted for failing to mesh with the community?

Should Dmil be banned for not meshing with the community?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
So, we all know lately Dmil has been taking the PvP in the server to an extreme. I've never been directly affected by him, having never been attacked by him, so I'm somewhat nonpartisan in this. A lot of you also know he has been hindering progress on AB's project for the server, funded by your tax money. The only suggestions, which are given really, have been to guard AB's shop from him, but realistically, this is highly improbable, and for several reasons.

So my question is: should he be banned (similar to bargraphics) because he does not mesh with the community? If you had to decide, does Dmil fit in with a majority of herocraft players online?

Granted there are several other reasons you may see him fit for banning, but limit to him to fitting in with the community or not.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Indifferent with a default "no". Raiders gonna raid, and I see his constant denial of involvement with the Tree Creepers as just playing out his character. Any other beefs people have with him are issues I haven't been around to experience.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
Dmil, not tree creepers as a whole, plus I want to prove myself right to some people, other wise it's not going to have an effect on anything.
Also, if the rules were enforced VERY strictly, he would be in violations of several rules on the ToS. But, then again, so would a lot of players.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
So this is about you being right. Hm.

Well, this whole stink seems to have been raised because of the group and it's habits. And I've already said that I don't know of anything else that would bring him, in particular, into question.

Can I ask which Terms of Service you believe he broke?

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.

After killing TurboNY a member of Winterfell, and Turbo was holding 51 gold on him because he received it recently, so in o chat he said "Thanks for the 51 gold, it payed for a week of taxes, your contribution to the server has been appreciated." which embarrasses TurboNY causes unwanted attention and harasses him.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
Actually, rules #1 and #16. Earlier he called out TurboNY in [o] to mock him for losing 51 gold bars. He embarrassed Turbo unfairly, and refused to stop when Victim told him to cease mocking his town members. He's also made it hard for some people, mostly newbies, to enjoy the AB's shop, which has such a wide variety of items, that it has irritated many players that it had to be shutdown for the time being. Technically, that's how he violated the ToS.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
And to be honest, it was really sick of him to mock Turbo, since turbo had (to my knowledge) done nothing against him, as well as being relatively new. It takes away any integrity you have when you have to call out every person you kill that has good loot on them, and mock them in [o].

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm unsure, but it seems like 16 speaks more to the technical side of the server rather than standard in-game events. For example, constructing or intentionally setting off a redstone contraption that lags the server.

I'll go ahead and call violation of Rule 1 plausible, though. Was Turbo the one reacting negatively, or was it everyone who was sick and tired of Dmil? If the victim doesn't care, then neither do I condemn the offender (he said, as though his opinion mattered).

EDIT: I agree with xpeterc1, they (the Tree Creepers, including and placing emphasis on dmil) need to tone it down. Were I in a position to do so, I'd probably hand out warnings and keep an eye on them.

Is classy evil so much to ask for? Kaliven, how I pine for thee.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Enchilada, you do realize that he never said his name when thanking for the 51 gold he died with correct? The fact that you all started using his name and saying how he was embarrassing him kinda shows how everyone who joined in is embarrassing him due to the fact that his name was never mentioned. If I go out and say Thanks for the diamond sword from someone I killed i'm not using their name I am simply stating that I have recieved a diamond sword from someone. If someone wants t0 go ahead and add a name is not in any way related to me. The fact that you all are jumping to this conclusion is pretty sad, this is a hardcore PvP server, and to be this angered over someone pvping is fairly sad. However I do agree that he should allow Airbus to finish the server project, we have no control over him.

Shortyy_oD

Legacy Supporter 3
Your obviously just trying to make your self look good. Us Tree Creepers and Dmil, PvP for the fun. This is a hardcore server. You can go cry about it else where. You even said, "plus I want to prove myself right to some people." Hmm? So your just trying to prove something to other people? Why don't they make threads instead of you who has absolutely NOTHING to do with our actions.

Good day to you sir.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Enchilada, you do realize that he never said his name when thanking for the 51 gold he died with correct? The fact that you all started using his name and saying how he was embarrassing him kinda shows how everyone who joined in is embarrassing him due to the fact that his name was never mentioned. If I go out and say Thanks for the diamond sword from someone I killed i'm not using their name I am simply stating that I have recieved a diamond sword from someone. If someone wants t0 go ahead and add a name is not in any way related to me. The fact that you all are jumping to this conclusion is pretty sad, this is a hardcore PvP server, and to be this angered over someone pvping is fairly sad. However I do agree that he should allow Airbus to finish the server project, we have no control over him.
Bullcrap. There is a server-wide announcement displaying who killed who every time somebody gets murdered.

I'm glad you're for leaving Airbus alone, though. Spread the love!

Shortyy_oD

Legacy Supporter 3
Bullcrap. There is a server-wide announcement displaying who killed who every time somebody gets murdered.

I'm glad you're for leaving Airbus alone, though. Spread the love!

But then your ASSUMING that person dropped a Diamond Sword. You have no actual proof.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
TurboNY said in NEO chat that dmil took his 51 gold.
And Hardcore =/= PvP
It may have PVP aspects but its not super pvp.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
Your obviously just trying to make your self look good. Us Tree Creepers and Dmil, PvP for the fun. This is a hardcore server. You can go cry about it else where. You even said, "plus I want to prove myself right to some people." Hmm? So your just trying to prove something to other people? Why don't they make threads instead of you who has absolutely NOTHING to do with our actions.

Good day to you sir.

Actually, unless I'm sorely mistaken, Hardcore does not mean excessive PvP. I get that you guys like PvP, so do I. I do it for reward and satisfaction of killing a rival. However, I view your indiscriminate killing of newbies to be wrong. It gives them a bad introduction to the server, and honestly, do they offer you any sort of challenge when you kill them? If it were honorable PvP, they would be challenging, ready for combat and equally leveled and skilled.

Also, I don't know if you know this, but telling people to "Go cry about it elsewhere" is incredibly annoying. In my mind, the only thing I can come up with is "Fuck you, you ignorant fuck" because I am simply tired of hearing that, of course that wouldn't help at all. But where am I to "cry" about you? Alone? To nobody? Well, that solves nothing.

And finally, and in conclusion, since I am mostly nonpartisan, it's better for me to post it than someone else, where as they have a strong bias, and I only hate you because you're assholes.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
But then your ASSUMING that person dropped a Diamond Sword. You have no actual proof.
It's very convincing circumstantial evidence, though. I kill somebody, and seconds later say "Thanks for the gold, sucker". What person in their right minds is going to think that somebody else provided me with gold? And then if you bother to call them out on ASSUMING, they ask around, it gets confirmed and you have no excuse.

The vic and everybody else always have the right not to rage about it, but not everyone decides to be the better man. Evidently.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
Also, before I forget, this has gotten WAY out of hand. This is discussing things either completely irrelevant, or are relevant, but not needed. It's starting to make a flame thread, and that will degrade from the power of the thread itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.