• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolved Poison Arrow Bugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my recent duels with some rangers in this server, when they used poison arrow and landed a shot on me, I instinctively use BecomeDeath to prevent the poison damage from running.apparently, this didn't work as there was no signs of actual poison (i.e. the hearts didn't turn green). There is still damage over time so I conclude that the damage is bleed damage rather the intended poison. On other news, I believe envenom acts like this too, from a recent experience in a raid.

On other note, BecomeDeath has been properly fixed as when I was fighting cave spiders, it did negate poison damage correctly! Huzzah.

EDIT: Envenom does have a bleed effect as well as poison arrow. Confirmed from a recent raid attack when a player used envenom and struck me with it.

Thank you for checking up on this.

To be sure of this, your indication of poison damage is when the health bar turns green, and when you enter your inventory it says "Poison" followed by the remaining time of you poisoned as well as taking an amount of damage per tick correct?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

To be sure of this, your indication of poison damage is when the health bar turns green, and when you enter your inventory it says "Poison" followed by the remaining time of you poisoned as well as taking an amount of damage per tick correct?
Not always, health should typically turn green.

Sleaker

Retired Staff

yah, just because it doesnt' say it's poison damage, doesn't mean it isn't. We try to use MC displays when possible, but there's no way to make sure that portion actually goes through. When we add poison damage and it's showing the graphic, we set the damage to 0.

Hmm...alright, "health should typically turn green" never happened, so I assume I'm in the right way with this bug report. Should I head off to the test server to help or you guys have this handled?

Ah, just read Sleaker's message. Seems interesting on how this works, but now there's no way for Become Death, which is supposed to prevent poison damage, from working correctly against envenom or poison arrow (obviously labeled poison based attacks)?

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I think you read that wrong. Envenom and Poison arrow _ARE_ poison effects. They may not show up as MC poison, they are Heroes poison effects regardless.

EDIT: found the issue, was only sending the packet to remove the display effect, not actually removing it from the hero :p

Status
Not open for further replies.