• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Plugin] Lumberjack

chrisxzpyro

Stone
I found this plugin on the server "Almura". The way it works is you chop from the bottom of the tree and as you break the blocks the trunk falls down to replace the missing block, similar to gravel. When the tree is completely cut down a sapling will be planted. This makes it so you can cut the entire tree down and not have fields of floating tree tops. I think this would be a great addition to the server, as the utter lack of trees breaks the immersion of Roleplay.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I found this plugin on the server "Almura". The way it works is you chop from the bottom of the tree and as you break the blocks the trunk falls down to replace the missing block, similar to gravel. When the tree is completely cut down a sapling will be planted. This makes it so you can cut the entire tree down and not have fields of floating tree tops. I think this would be a great addition to the server, as the utter lack of trees breaks the immersion of Roleplay.
No

A

alexhoff1

It would trash the economy around wood, which currently is considered fairly valuable due to the time it takes to acquire.

chrisxzpyro

Stone
Lazy. Unnecessary. Takes away from original game play.
The only thing lazy is having fields of deforested lands because no one is willing to cut the entire tree down or replant the saplings. Original? Because this is a vanilla realm, right?

It would trash the economy around wood, which currently is considered fairly valuable due to the time it takes to acquire.
The only thing that changes is no floating treetops everywhere. Cutting down a tree would be the same.

I love how fast we tore his idea down... :)
"we". I didn't see you contribute to the argument.

*edit: Typo

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
The server is devastated, Empty of nature and full of ugly ruins. Plenty of threads is shouting for a new map, what I would consider, the solution to a total failure.
Chris was just addressing a huge problem you guys have on Herocraft.
The server itself with Heroes and all is amazing, but the game play gets a huge minus for the ugliness and total devastation in the main world

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
The server is devastated, Empty of nature and full of ugly ruins. Plenty of threads is shouting for a new map, what I would consider, the solution to a total failure.
Chris was just addressing a huge problem you guys have on Herocraft.
The server itself with Heroes and all is amazing, but the game play gets a huge minus for the ugliness and total devastation in the main world
Where are these threads pleading for a new map? DG is still a very young map with plenty of life left on it. Your account is 1 month old, you have no place or right to say what is a failure and isn't.

The problem is people are too lazy to finish cutting down a tree. So the solution is to give into lazy people and make it easy for them? No. The solution is that if you think it is ugly to do your part and tear it down. Many towns (that I have been a part of anyway) have a team who go around the border and spice the place up to make it easy on the eyes.

IMO, this whole thing has to deal with "Mindlessly destroying things in the wasteland is bannable", or whatever it says. Petition empty forests of floating trees and be done with it.

chrisxzpyro

Stone
Where are these threads pleading for a new map? DG is still a very young map with plenty of life left on it. Your account is 1 month old, you have no place or right to say what is a failure and isn't.

The problem is people are too lazy to finish cutting down a tree. So the solution is to give into lazy people and make it easy for them? No. The solution is that if you think it is ugly to do your part and tear it down. Many towns (that I have been a part of anyway) have a team who go around the border and spice the place up to make it easy on the eyes.
We're all a part of this server and you implying that his opinion doesn't matter because he's been here for a month is bullshit. Seniority doesn't make you right.
Your argument of reducing the difficulty is nonsense. Its a TREE! There's nothing difficult about cutting down a tree, its the very first thing you do in minecraft, and the most simple of all, but still, many people don't finish. Its not about making it easy for the lazy people, its about keeping the server looking nice and alive. I PE'd it and I was told "Grab 100 saplings and bonemeal and get to work!", and I did, but it wasn't enough. All the trees were chopped down again. And that doesn't even cover the fields upon fields of completely deforested land in more desolate areas. If towns do "spruce things up a bit" it'll only be around their town and everywhere else gets left out. Needless to say, there aren't enough towns to replant all the trees.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Yes, he is still new to the server and has not fully experienced Herocraft. I do not find it fair that he says DG is a failure.

chrisxzpyro

Stone
Yes, he is still new to the server and has not fully experienced Herocraft. I do not find it fair that he says DG is a failure.

No, Dragongarde isn't a failure. I love it so much that I do my part in taking down abandoned and unfinished houses, plugging holes in the ground, and replanting trees. But like you said about the towns replanting trees around their area, I can only do it around my area / my area's graveyard. I think DG deserves to have its forest biomes intact.

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
My account is from before Minecraft got public, I have seen plenty of servers over the years.
My time here is maybe short. I seriously like the server setup, I'm just addressing the issues that can be improved.
I don't think petitions and bans are the right way to go.
I also suspect that you draw conclusion and never read about the plug-in suggested.
It does not all fall down and give you the whole stack of logs in one cut

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Stop the trash talk. Discussing who has been here longer is for something outside forums. Everyone has an equal say no matter how long they have been on the server. Now continue the discussion politely about this suggestion, or I will be forced to close this.