• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Pistons / Blocks moved by pistons breaking sand/gravel

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
As some of you might know about a month ago I built a fully automatic resetting Connect 4 game in my town. It worked with no issues once I figured out all the redstone. Unfortunately I had to tear it down to make way for new projects and find a new permanent home for the device.

Fast forward to last night, I rebuilt the machine in the exact same way I had had it built previously and now all falling sand will break if it comes in contact with the sides of a moving piston arm or a moving block in general. I have gone to single player and multiplayer (on another creative server) in both 1.9 and 1.10 to test the same exact set up and have found that my set up is entirely correct and it works. So whatever the issue is related to Herocraft somehow.

Not really expecting the problem to be fixed because I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for how this problem came about on Herocraft and only herocraft, it doesn't seem like a problem that would be linked to the heroes plugin... all I know is that my connect 4 is broken until the server allows sand to fall normally and not break again like it was a month ago lol

Below is a picture of the basic skeleton of the project, I haven't worked on the cosmetic side of things yet. However, what you see here should be fully functional if it were built anywhere else that wasn't Herocraft lol

46a2c409c4d4343cf8da239e8a85a978.jpg

Here I made a quick recording of what exactly is happening, this staircase of pistons is supposed to filter the sand slowly down till it gets pushed through a 1x1 hole. Instead of being pushed down the staircase they get broken. I've tried this set up with both sticky pistons (pictured here) and normal pistons.

9daea98b2ef1a28f4d9ebf1accc01ea5.gif

This below shot taken from my singleplayer world is how the device should be working (used regular pistons in this example but results are the same either way.

498dc58c26d5a88ca0d20ffd7f4871d1.gif

Last edited:

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Well this still isn't fixed so I went ahead and built Tic Tac Toe for the luls. No falling sand means the game works!

a018ca137221361234b107466b30444c.jpg