• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Phantasy Star Online

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
I played it for dreamcast and gamecube. I have to say, it was one of the most fun games to play with friends (as in old halo, invite them to your house and split screen it up) Have any of you ever heard of it? I never tried Phantasy Star Universe, and i heard rumors for a new one to come out, but prob for PC only. I think this game is a hidden gem. Not many people I know have ever heard of it.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I played it for dreamcast and gamecube. I have to say, it was one of the most fun games to play with friends (as in old halo, invite them to your house and split screen it up) Have any of you ever heard of it? I never tried Phantasy Star Universe, and i heard rumors for a new one to come out, but prob for PC only. I think this game is a hidden gem. Not many people I know have ever heard of it.

The new one coming out is phantasy star online 2. Its guaranteed for pc and xbox 360, not so sure about ps3. The last one (not including psp versions) was Phantasy Star Universe, which i played like a god on the xbox 360. That one came out back in like 07 or 08. The PC and ps2 servers for it closed down in the us but the 360 version is still running strong.

I played it for SegaChannel ... god I am old.
Your not that old, my spoiled ass older brother had segachannel in his room (as well as a waterbed, galaga arcade machine, pinball/skeeball table, and a fucking full body laser tag set for 6 people) and i used to play sonic on it back when i was like 4 or 5

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
My first real expierience with PS was with the PSP version. It blew my mind and I dug deeper, but I will never have the expierience all those lucky people who played it online had. I only hope the next one coming out has no monthly fee :( I will get it for sure!

CAST supremacy FTW

Zihara

Obsidian
My god. Other fans? :D
Anyone I've talked to hasn't even heard about this game :)
I played Phantasy Star Online on Gamecube like crazy! And still love getting my group of friends together to do some Ruins.

It's a great game to play with friends, because the single-player gets tedious and repetitive after a while :)
And I am SO pumped to get the new one coming out on PC (Phantasy Star Online 2!)! The Japanese trailers for it look amazing, and it being on PC allows better game-play for me and my fellow rangers ;)

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
So since you are following it's development (I assume), do you know if there will be a monthly fee?

its a mmo, so prob. Its gonna end up being like $15 or $10 a month. But thats only for the multiplayer, you can buy it and only play single player.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
its a mmo, so prob. Its gonna end up being like $15 or $10 a month. But thats only for the multiplayer, you can buy it and only play single player.

Hm I guess that's not TOO bad. I don't want to pay any monthly fees until I have a worthy desktop PC. So I might have to pick this one up after it comes out.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
yeah, i think everyone has had a monthly fee to play online. I did it for gamecube. I want it so bad. I might need to get PSU though. If its still going strong. Is it very different from The gamecube/dreamcast way of playing?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I am still considering getting Phantasy Star portable 2 for PSP, need to check into how active the community is. Unlike the first one, this one supports online mode, not just AD-HOC, and it's completely free ^__^

Zihara

Obsidian
http://pso2.jp/ <-- It's in Japanese, although Chrome is great for translation :)

Right now they're still in Alpha testing, so it'll still be a loooong while before we see a North American release.
Due to not knowing any Japanese ( :( ) I can only assume (from what I've been able to find/translate) that it will be pay-by-month. It looks to be only for PC too.

Here's the link for the ScreenShots/Videos (Good Graphics yay!) http://pso2.jp/gallery/movie/

You can most likely find them on Youtube, but the Home Site has better quality :)

Zihara

Obsidian
I am still considering getting Phantasy Star portable 2 for PSP, need to check into how active the community is. Unlike the first one, this one supports online mode, not just AD-HOC, and it's completely free ^__^

Save your money for PSO2! Phantasy Star Portable is only a small fraction of the game that PSO was for Gamecube.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Save your money for PSO2! Phantasy Star Portable is only a small fraction of the game that PSO was for Gamecube.

but! but! I can afford both!

EDIT: I'm also about to beat Dissidia:012, so I will have time for other games again on my PSP, I think portable 2 fits the bill :p

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I used to play Universe for the Xbox and I am about to get into the portable ones. As for a new one... I think Portable 2 just came out, not sure how long ago though.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I have to make a new post for this, this game has been confirmed to be released this summer for PC and is confirmed to be Free to Play.