• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Paladins/other balance things

shrimpy77

Glowstone
I still win against most casters 1v1 due to drainsoul's range, it's actually longer than some of geos ranged skills lol. So if I get frozen, I just use drainsoul to get my health back since they have to be within range of me to use skills on me lol.

Also, deepfreeze still roots, when I thought it was only supposed to slow...
Deepfreeze is quite annoying D:, I got pwnt by an unarmed Geo, was pretty pissed.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
BS they never die Ffs

The sun grows cold by the time they inflict enough melee damage to kill you. If you just stand there and do a melee slap fight, of course you will die first. You need to do YOUR HP's worth of damage 3 times over to kill one, where they only need to do your HP's worth of damage once. You're also a Master Samurai, so their armor probably makes your excellent melee damage get deflected down to maybe 3-6 HP damage a hit, which is the same amount of damage they do to you.

If you're having a hard time killing them, you should re-think your strategy. If you insist on being able to out slapfight them, you should consider a different class(like Dreadknight[more HP], Geomancer[max damage], or Ninja[more damage+options]). Or maybe you should suggest a samurai skill that ignores armor(but sounds balanced, greedy skill requests are always ignored).

shrimpy77

Glowstone
The sun grows cold by the time they inflict enough melee damage to kill you. If you just stand there and do a melee slap fight, of course you will die first. You need to do YOUR HP's worth of damage 3 times over to kill one, where they only need to do your HP's worth of damage once. You're also a Master Samurai, so their armor probably makes your excellent melee damage get deflected down to maybe 3-6 HP damage a hit, which is the same amount of damage they do to you.

If you're having a hard time killing them, you should re-think your strategy. If you insist on being able to out slapfight them, you should consider a different class(like Dreadknight[more HP], Geomancer[max damage], or Ninja[more damage+options]). Or maybe you should suggest a samurai skill that ignores armor(but sounds balanced, greedy skill requests are always ignored).
Oh yeah and that master sammy thing is from the old map.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
There is little to no skill involved in melee minecraft pvp (it seems to mostly be about connection). It only matters who hits whom more, and I hit people more than they hit me. It is a simple assumption that if I am hitting you more than you hit me and am using all offensive skills at my disposal yet I still lose, there is a clear imbalance. There is no clear way to fight a dreadknight except to hope that you can outhit him to such an extent that you win.

Also @Dielan9999 , saying that they are balanced because you can group up on them is really a bad way of proving that it is ok. Multiple people vs one will almost always go in favor of the group. In a 1v1 fight dreadknights simply never lose except to geomancers and they are still good in a group fight because they have decent damage output.

Also greek, the only personal insult that was even implied by me before you actually called me out was directed toward delta. I literally hit the guy 20 times more than he hit me and when he got into no pvp he started shouting shit like "You mad?" and other stupid things of that nature.
What you said has a flaw. (Master samurai vs. Master samurai~ no skills) If I just stood there and clicked a button while my enemy moved and hit me. I would lose because I took more damage then i dealt out. Melee pvp takes strategic strafing and maneuvering in order to win. Especially if there is more than one player. I killed a lot of people last map asa level 14 samurai. I did this from moving a lot and getting a lot of hits off before my enemy hit me.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
The point I was trying to make was that melee also involves strategy. Melee combat is not just clicking a button and hitting your enemy. It involves maneuvering and strategy to save HP since your right in your enemies face.