• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Paladins/other balance things

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
So today I hit a paladin 300 blocks and did 25% of my diamond shovels durability and still didn't kill him. Dreadknight have been nerfed (even though not much) and dragoons have been nerfed really hard. Why have paladins remained untouched? They are impossible to kill unless you're a caster and even then I doubt that'd be a fight a caster would want to deal with.

Edit: Balance has just fucking gone out the window. Geomancers are doing 6-7 hearts in one deep freeze to a lvl 55 dragoon. I'm hearing that wizards are one shotting people as well.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
So today I hit a paladin 300 blocks and did 25% of my diamond shovels durability and still didn't kill him. Dreadknight have been nerfed (even though not much) and dragoons have been nerfed really hard. Why have paladins remained untouched? They are impossible to kill unless you're a caster and even then I doubt that'd be a fight a caster would want to deal with.

Edit: Balance has just fucking gone out the window. Geomancers are doing 6-7 hearts in one deep freeze to a lvl 55 dragoon. I'm hearing that wizards are one shotting people as well.

Deepfreeze does 11 damage. Another 11 when hit with fireball. 22 damage isn't 6-7 hearts.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Deep freeze = 22. Fireball = 25ish. Ice bolt = 36. 22+25+36= 83 83 = about 6-7 hearts.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
You can throw 2 ice bolts during a deep freeze without it breaking. 2 ice bolts = 36. The worst part of it is that it actually only takes half your mana pool to do that much damage and it has a 15 second cooldown. The slow from icebolt also essentially gives you another free fireball, but I won't count that.

Edit: Greek I think that may be a weird glitch where chain lightning bounces to the same target or something. Happened a lot on the test server (was really fun to abuse tbh)

Edit #2: Also, currently my list of OP goes Paladin > Geomancer > Dreadknight/Wizard (not sure on wiz) > dragoon/sam > everyone else

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
@gooscar, you know this is OP, you froze me today and used chainlightning on me and I died in 1 hit. That's 123 dmg in one punch. Bullshit.

@Diffuse I agree with you on the fact that geomancers and wizard skills are a bit over the top because they go through armor most of the time. Dreadknights are ok, but you can't be a jackass and run right up to them; You'll die. Also, once we're out of mana, it's tanking. Same with paladins.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
@gooscar, you know this is OP, you froze me today and used chainlightning on me and I died in 1 hit. That's 123 dmg in one punch. Bullshit.

That isn't what this is about, the Chain Lightning bug isn't anything to do with Deep Freeze. I can't control when that skill bugs- don't blame me ;-;

Edit: @Diffuse holy shit I never even thought about that. Ice Bolt doesn't break freeze? It should.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
Diffuse mentioned about casters 1 shotting people, you one shotted me, you're a geomancer. Totally valid.
No he was talking about doing a lot of damage with Deep Freeze. I agree my class needs a balance, but then again so do Dreadknights. What killed you though, was a skill bugging.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
@Kainzo Something seriously needs to be done about a ton of these specs. Wizards and geomancers are decimating anything that isn't a paladin or wizard/geo. Paladins are impossible to kill. I literally hit a paladin 500 blocks while occasionally having a short 1v1 on the road and he didn't die. Dreadknights are nearly as bad as well, but they also do good damage. There are HUGE balance problems atm and you really should look at them before adding in tons of "cool features". A paladin 1v6ing specced players and not dying is a bigger issue than having no mob arena imo.

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
I agree Geo's need a balance, Wizards are fine imo. Smite from Disciples is a ten block distance which should be changed to four or five.

Digger360

Obsidian
That Chainlightning bug is frikken everywhere. It's happened to me twice, and my friend Chaos in three days. Chainlighting needs a bugfix, or a remove until it is. However deepfreeze is even worse than Root, it doesn't break on damage.

Prepare for the Hate'in Goo.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
That Chainlightning bug is frikken everywhere. It's happened to me twice, and my friend Chaos in three days. Chainlighting needs a bugfix, or a remove until it is. However deepfreeze is even worse than Root, it doesn't break on damage.

Agreed. I fought 5 tree creepers the other day, and the only reason why I didn't escape and/or win, was because deepfreeze doesn't break on dmg, which if DK weren't so damn heavy duty, I would bitch about it way more. Cuz I hated root on the last map being a ninja and dragoon, can't wait for the revert to slowing skills over rooting skills.

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
Digger when i used it on Chaos you hit him with a harmtouch and he died.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4

Nah man I'm a lvl 17 healer. No hatin' going on for them :D

Digger360

Obsidian
Digger when i used it on Chaos you hit him with a harmtouch and he died.

Three Impossibiltys with that,
first Harmtouch uses 99% Mana, and I used 5+ skill to kill you, so no mana usage.
The Second impossibility , Me and chaos were party'd, it was impossible for me to harm him.
Thirdly, Chaos has about 110 hp, even with harmtouch and chainlightning, that's only 55 damage.

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
Outside Valor when you guys made so many snowmen i hit him with a chainlightning and ran off it said you killed him. Then you proceeded to chase me and then you killed me.

Digger360

Obsidian
Once again, we were partyed. So that is impossible. According to him the lightning one shoted him. And seeing as nothing else hit him, Im pretty sure the chainlightning glitch was involved.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
Once again, we were partyed. So that is impossible. According to him the lightning one shoted him. And seeing as nothing else hit him, Im pretty sure the chainlightning glitch was involved.
Sounds like it, it just randomly happens some times.