• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Paladin's Holy Steed bugged

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2
I'm surprised this hasn't been reported already.

When Paladins use Holy Steed, the player's model will be placed one block up and invulnerable to any attacks and skills, while they ride around on their holy steed invisible and able to attack. Many paladins are setting up teamfights by going into battle by using Holy Steed out of render distance then running in invisible on a horse and stunning then going ham. I'm fairly sure this applies every time the skill is used. Once in a while a horse can be seen without a player on it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm surprised this hasn't been reported already.

When Paladins use Holy Steed, the player's model will be placed one block up and invulnerable to any attacks and skills, while they ride around on their holy steed invisible and able to attack. Many paladins are setting up teamfights by going into battle by using Holy Steed out of render distance then running in invisible on a horse and stunning then going ham. I'm fairly sure this applies every time the skill is used. Once in a while a horse can be seen without a player on it.
When did this start happening?

@TheYeti - could some of your code be causing this?

Glacial_Reign

Portal
This happens alot. They are extremely glitchy. You can read it in my suggestion thread about paladins. Plus they can warm up skills on a horse which is completely unfair.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This happens alot. They are extremely glitchy. You can read it in my suggestion thread about paladins. Plus they can warm up skills on a horse which is completely unfair.
Can you describe "warming up skills" in depth? - This is a priority and we're looking at fixing it or removing it if we cannot.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Can you describe "warming up skills" in depth? - This is a priority and we're looking at fixing it or removing it if we cannot.
They start to warm up reckoning or divine stun while still invisible so you get engaged on out of nowhere. Or in a Dreadknight's case they start to warmup Terror/Soulleech

Glacial_Reign

Portal
While they are on their steed they can warm up reckoning and divine stun and once the skill goes off they enter combat then the horse despawns.

I had a suggestion of making a 1 second stun getting on and off the horse so they couldn't use it for the sole purpose of engaging a battle or running away from one.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
They start to warm up reckoning or divine stun while still invisible so you get engaged on out of nowhere. Or in a Dreadknight's case they start to warmup Terror/Soulleech
While they are on their steed they can warm up reckoning and divine stun and once the skill goes off they enter combat then the horse despawns.

I had a suggestion of making a 1 second stun getting on and off the horse so they couldn't use it for the sole purpose of engaging a battle or running away from one.
So how long has this been possible? I need to know if a code change caused this invis shit to happen.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
So how long has this been possible? I need to know if a code change caused this invis shit to happen.

It happened on haven as well, the only difference was that the player model+horse would be seen standing still in one spot and then randomly would update in a new location.

TheYeti

Raaaawr!
Legacy Supporter 8
If at all possible, I need people to record video of this happening when they see it. While recording, please try to remember to hit F3 to bring up the diagnostic data as well. This will allow me to see what the client is doing, and what sort of communication is going on between the client and server.

TheYeti

Raaaawr!
Legacy Supporter 8
Also from what I am reading, this appears to be limited to only Paladin correct? Dreadknights "Dread Steed" ability is not effected by this? Plus from watching some pvp videos of paladins I can assume that they do not see anything wrong with how they are mounted, it only appears wrong for 3rd parties looking at the paladin?

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't have a paladin buddy online to record with but anyone with access to the test server can easily reproduce this bug. I'm not sure about dreadknight as I haven't seen one on a horse before, but I assume that is glitched also. Watching other PvP videos, paladins don't see anything buggy on their end, only 3rd parties looking at the paladin. @TheYeti

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
I remember this from the start of the map, too. Surprised myself it wasn't reported before this. Oops. lol

downfall325

Legacy Supporter 6
Holy steed still bugged Remove until fixed imo <3. Upon mounting up animation stops character looks like they are floating 1 block high in air for 5+ seconds giving them practically a smoke / vanish. This post was submitted over a month ago yet was never fixed nor removed just a friendly reminder.

MajDeath

Portal
This may be not be helpful, or it may be, but ALL neutral mobs have a horribly short render distance.