• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Paladin Shields after 1.8

Ultanian

Portal
Confirmed by jeb, doors in 1.8 will be stackable. So, for Paladins shield skill, every time they take damage using a shield I think a reagent of a door should be used. That way their shields cant last forever...
EDIT: Forgot to mention that the crafting recipe for doors now yields 3 doors at a time, meaning 2 iron ingots/2 wooden planks eguals one door.

Last edited:

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4
This in my opinion is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. So what? A paladin that uses a iron door and gets hit has to pay 6 iron ingots each time?

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
The only way to make this work would be to either give doors a durability like a weapon/tool/armor so that it breaks after a certain number of hits, or if as you suggest taking a hit uses up the door, then the recipe for a door should give you multiple, like 6 iron bars gives you a stack of doors.

donaldmax1

Soulsand
a9779_ORIG-JesusFacepalm.jpg

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Paladin vs Paladin, Iron Doors only as weapons. I wonder how many stacks of iron blocks it would take with this.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Paladin vs Paladin, Iron Doors only as weapons. I wonder how many stacks of iron blocks it would take with this.
Hello and welcome to Herocraft: Dumb and Stupid™, where we try out the most coocoo ideas, and see what happens! I am your host for todays showcase - "The Paladoor duel". User @MultiHeartGold had a fantastic idea! With the new Minecraft patch, doors become stackable (at last), and Paladins will be hit hard with a big nerf! You see, they have to, get this, use the door as a reagent when they use their shield! How funny. User MultiHeartGold's idea is to have a duel between two equal Paladins, and see how many Iron Ingots would be used in the battle - the Paladins are only allowed to use shields, however they may cast spells. Both players have an entire hotbar filled with iron doors. 64 in each stack, meaning a total of 576 Iron Doors, which equals to 3456 Iron Ingots. I remind you that each time a Paladin is hit, a door is used. Let's watch! Both players are at the ready... okay, GO! Both Paladins are ready for this fight - they're arch nemesi in the actual game! ........(lots of time passes)......... wow, what an intense fight! You could clear see the desperation of their shield slam! Or should I say door slam? Hah! Player 1 used 375 Iron Doors, and Player 2 only used 149! Amazing, clearly Player 2 is the better player. Let's analyze it though!
Player 1 used 375 iron doors which equals to 2250 Iron Ingots, and Player 2 used 149 iron doors which equals to 894 Iron Ingots. A grand total of 3144 Iron Ingots used for
ONE fight! Amazing! This was all for today - thank you for watching, and may you always do something Dumb and Stupid!

I HAD TOO MUCH FUN HELP ME

Ultanian

Portal
This in my opinion is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. So what? A paladin that uses a iron door and gets hit has to pay 6 iron ingots each time?
No, in 1.8 6 iron ingots makes 3 doors

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4
Hello and welcome to Herocraft: Dumb and Stupid™, where we try out the most coocoo ideas, and see what happens! I am your host for todays showcase - "The Paladoor duel". User @MultiHeartGold had a fantastic idea! With the new Minecraft patch, doors become stackable (at last), and Paladins will be hit hard with a big nerf! You see, they have to, get this, use the door as a reagent when they use their shield! How funny. User MultiHeartGold's idea is to have a duel between two equal Paladins, and see how many Iron Ingots would be used in the battle - the Paladins are only allowed to use shields, however they may cast spells. Both players have an entire hotbar filled with iron doors. 64 in each stack, meaning a total of 576 Iron Doors, which equals to 3456 Iron Ingots. I remind you that each time a Paladin is hit, a door is used. Let's watch! Both players are at the ready... okay, GO! Both Paladins are ready for this fight - they're arch nemesi in the actual game! ........(lots of time passes)......... wow, what an intense fight! You could clear see the desperation of their shield slam! Or should I say door slam? Hah! Player 1 used 375 Iron Doors, and Player 2 only used 149! Amazing, clearly Player 2 is the better player. Let's analyze it though!
Player 1 used 375 iron doors which equals to 2250 Iron Ingots, and Player 2 used 149 iron doors which equals to 894 Iron Ingots. A grand total of 3144 Iron Ingots used for
ONE fight! Amazing! This was all for today - thank you for watching, and may you always do something Dumb and Stupid!

I HAD TOO MUCH FUN HELP ME
ur sig looks like that pony is sucking a dick lol