• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Paladin enchanter vs. Paladin alchemist

borislow

Stone
Which is better in your opinion? (Or is another warrior specialization class with another profession better)

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Both would work well. They don't really make profesions to go with combat classes.

MrFly007

Portal
Paladin enchanter is very useful because you can get crazy armor for Paladin and the enchants make is 100% better! While alchemist doesn't do much for them.

borislow

Stone
Health potions cost gold though, and regen potions cost ghast tears! Too expensive...right?

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Health pots take 1 c of gold to make. With enchanter you can enchant your armor. With alchy you can make speed II pots to stop kiters.

borislow

Stone
I know! Can be useful...but is the cost worth it?[DOUBLEPOST=1365459614][/DOUBLEPOST]Sucks you can't enchant books though...

Alchemist if you want to make money and sell pots to friends and town members!
Enchanter if you want to dominate in any PVP Battles!

Choose wisely!

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Miner is by far the best profession. Use the more money you make and buy enchants and potions.

borislow

Stone
Gold is the only instance in which you make money, and it doesn't increase that much, but I'm not sure...does it increase gold amounts?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
You don't have to be an alchemist to use potions, and you don't have to be an enchanter to wear enchanted equipment. It all comes down to how easily you can acquire either of the two sets.

If you know an alchy that can make you pots, then you don't need to be one.
If you know an enchanter that can get you gear, again, you don't need to be one.

If you're loaded and can just buy everything, then just do that.

I'm the alchemist for my town, so I'm kind of locked into the profession. However, I have potions with me 100% of the time because of this. We have had enchanters in the past, but I don't always carry the best enchanted gear. I do however, have a very decent amount of money, so I could just buy the gear if I really needed to. I just haven't really felt the need.

In my opinion, potions > enchants, but again, it all depends on how "on hand" you want this stuff, and if you're willing to back up your profession to make it happen.