• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Overgrowth Bug!

Jotamota3006

Glowstone
Well, when I use overgrowth in pine saps or in birch saps sometimes a normal tree (oak) uprises.

I find that very annoying since I lose a sap and I end up creating giant trees when I never wanted them in the first place.

This only seems to happen with pine/birch never got a pine/birch from overgrowing a birch/pine/oak.

:) please look into that I use this skill a lot.

Thanks, Jota.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
this happens to me as well, kinda annoying since my treefarm is all pine because it grows straight up instead of branching out like oak

but then bam, oak pops up,

I've been using bonemeal instead

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
it doesn't help that its on a 6sec cd. but eh, i guess understandable. bones are crazy cheap anyway.

MoeJunur

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
this is like other skills with a percent to create.
1. spell fizzles
2. creates a tree that is not original sapling
3. creates tree that is a copy of sapling.
these all have percent chances
the easiest is the oak, then the birch, then the pine.
based on rarity.

please verify info, I could be wrong, but this has been like this since zeal map and overgrowth appearing due to better ways to beat the growth efficiency lag issues.

Use more bone meal, way better chances!

Sleaker

Retired Staff
this is just the tree generator in MC, we do generate type-specific trees to the type of sapling but it looks like MC will do whatever it wants sometimes.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
haha, I've said it before and I'll say it again

minecraft is a terrific idea

puked up into java

Sleaker

Retired Staff
well yah, the only reason why the spell has a chance to fizzle is because MC can fail to generate a tree at that location too.