• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Out of Character Mute Appeal

IGN: HipposHateWater
Muted by: I have no idea.
Time of mute: Today (like, 3 or 4 am)
Server/Channel: /CH O
Reason for mute: I mentioned Avo.
Your story:
Someone brought up how some players thought the DDOS attempt a couple nights ago was by Team Avo (Until Jonsoon stopped it so easily). Right at that time, someone asked what the HC Ventrilo/Teamspeak was. Like an idiot on his third IPA, I cheekily strung together a random string of IP-looking gibberish with "teamaavo" stuck in there intentionally haphazard. I thought the crappy address and context would've ensured it being recognized as a stupid joke, but it seems someone thought it was real (or had absolutely zero tolerance for the topic), because I got muted for the rest of the night/morning as a result. Although I'm un-muted now, I'm still locked out of /ch o.

I had no idea that it was still such a taboo topic--despite the years have passed since the group's demise, but I whole-heartedly agree that the "joke" was in really poor taste. Needless to say, i's not happening again.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
IGN: HipposHateWater
Muted by: I have no idea.
Time of mute: Today (like, 3 or 4 am)
Server/Channel: /CH O
Reason for mute: I mentioned Avo.
Your story:
Someone brought up how some players thought the DDOS attempt a couple nights ago was by Team Avo (Until Jonsoon stopped it so easily). Right at that time, someone asked what the HC Ventrilo/Teamspeak was. Like an idiot on his third IPA, I cheekily strung together a random string of IP-looking gibberish with "teamaavo" stuck in there intentionally haphazard. I thought the crappy address and context would've ensured it being recognized as a stupid joke, but it seems someone thought it was real (or had absolutely zero tolerance for the topic), because I got muted for the rest of the night/morning as a result. Although I'm un-muted now, I'm still locked out of /ch o.

I had no idea that it was still such a taboo topic--despite the years have passed since the group's demise, but I whole-heartedly agree that the "joke" was in really poor taste. Needless to say, i's not happening again.
We do have a zero tolerance for posting IPs, and servers, be it MC servers or TS.

Oddly enough when I tried to mute you, I actually unmuted you, which means someone beat me to the punch, though I quickly remuted you.

From your appeal I'm not really understanding if you are still muted or not, as we do not "lock people out".

We do have a zero tolerance for posting IPs, and servers, be it MC servers or TS.

Oddly enough when I tried to mute you, I actually unmuted you, which means someone beat me to the punch, though I quickly remuted you.

From your appeal I'm not really understanding if you are still muted or not, as we do not "lock people out".
Lol I was wondering why I was unmuted/remuted so quickly! That expains a lot :)

I am largely unmuted; I can access any channel, except for /ch o.
However each time I try to switch to /ch o, I get a message saying that I do not have permission to access/join the channel. That's my only continuing problem, at the moment. It's the most useful one for someone like me for communication and such in the wild and all.