• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Optifine Is Now Banned

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
I always used Optimine on my Lappy, never knew something like Optifine existed o-o Not sure if I feel like I was left out or relief that I don't have to toy with mods.

Are you ready to compile a new auto-installer for when 1.8 comes out? ;D

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Next thing you know, there is going to be a cap on mouse sensitivity. because I can turn faster than you I have an advantage over you.
We're also going to be capping window sizes and screen resolutions, because hardcore. My vote is for SVGA, but we'll see how it goes. A Herocraft™ Regulation Submission Encourager®​ be coming round to your house regularly to ensure that you're using a Herocraft™Administration Approved Visual User Interface Device©.

OBEY

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
obey.png

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
I have no idea what optifog optifine and optimine. I am curious what optimine does, anyone :D

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
Optimine changes the way blocks are loaded within minecraft. Essentially makes the game run better thats all. Optifog made it so you can adjust how dense/far the fog is more then default, again the intention is to make everything run better.

Dasoren

A frightening Cactus!
We're also going to be capping window sizes and screen resolutions, because hardcore. My vote is for SVGA, but we'll see how it goes. A Herocraft™ Regulation Submission Encourager®​ be coming round to your house regularly to ensure that you're using a Herocraft™Administration Approved Visual User Interface Device©.

OBEY

Please tell me this is a joke......... i like my 1920x1080 monitor. all 21" of it.

Dasoren

A frightening Cactus!
Dam.......... "Dam, where did i put the punch cards?"

p.s. if anyone gets this let me know. lol.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Please tell me this is a joke......... i like my 1920x1080 monitor. all 21" of it.
To ensure that people who are funnier than others no longer have an unfair advantage, all jokes must now be reviewed and sanctioned by a Herocraft™ Humour Equity Panel©. The process usually takes 2-5 business days, so there's no way I could have gotten a joke approved for this thread in such a short time.

Dasoren

A frightening Cactus!
realy, now a Humour hc thing, what has this game come to? i think we all might just die. "Here lies Dasoren, the.... well you know"

And to conform with all Rules and Regs of the HC servers humor thing, "This post is not a J-O-K-E"

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Whaaat? Well I guess I'm done for a while then....I get shit fps without the two of those mods combined. I have been using them since before Optifog came out and it was just Optimine....Back to like 18 fps in Herocraft then, rather than 40.

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
Whaaat? Well I guess I'm done for a while then....I get shit fps without the two of those mods combined. I have been using them since before Optifog came out and it was just Optimine....Back to like 18 fps in Herocraft then, rather than 40.

Chill....

Whats wrong with just using Optimine that increases your FPS without giving you the unfair advantages that Optifine gives?

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I didn't use the unfair parts of Optifine and it is the combination of the two that does it for my computer. Optifine splits parts of mc onto both of my cores and some of the options helped me quite a bit. Like I can turn off portal animation, lava animation, fire animation, and redstone animation. No advantages but better fps.

Really though I'm not 100% sure why its the combination, but the difference between just optimine and optifine is between 5-8 more fps with optimine, and 15-40 more fps with optifine.

I just don't think a mod that does so much good for people should be banned because of a few features. It's not like with the minimap, where we can switch mods. Some people literally can't play without this mod. I can, but it's laggier than I want to play.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
I didn't use the unfair parts of Optifine and it is the combination of the two that does it for my computer. Optifine splits parts of mc onto both of my cores and some of the options helped me quite a bit. Like I can turn off portal animation, lava animation, fire animation, and redstone animation. No advantages but better fps.

Really though I'm not 100% sure why its the combination, but the difference between just optimine and optifine is between 5-8 more fps with optimine, and 15-40 more fps with optifine.

I just don't think a mod that does so much good for people should be banned because of a few features. It's not like with the minimap, where we can switch mods. Some people literally can't play without this mod. I can, but it's laggier than I want to play.

For no particular reason this reminded me of this;

"wtf you can't let a walrus play video games, their tusks are too fast"
"Poor walrus"
"chop their tusks off"

-EA351 and Noobel

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7

Can I ask what your computer specs are?

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
If someone literally can't run Minecraft as Mojang has programmed it, then their complaint is with them and not Herocraft. If someone figuratively can't run it, then... they should stop speaking in figures of speech? It's okay though, @wolfgang784 , those people can play Herocraft right here in the forums, and it's much easier on your computer box! Here:

You are standing in a brightly-lit room filled with SIGNS. A FENCE surrounds you on all sides, reaching from the floor up to the low ceiling, with an aperture to the NORTH large enough to walk through. The ground here is made of SANDSTONE and WOOL. The CHAT WINDOW is flooded with comments about DICKS, the context of the conversation utterly lost in the ever-scrolling pane of idiocy.

>

Aetosion

Obsidian
The advantages given are trivial, clear water and farther fog? I'd fight someone with those, as long as it doesn't have dxray feature.