• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Official contest - Best Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky644

Legacy Supporter 4
We're holding a contest to see who can build the most elaborate trap.

Rules:
The trap needs to kill the person that is caught, how they die is not important.

100% death rate is necessary, if someone falls for the trap, they MUST die.

The trap can be one time use or self resetting, however a self resetting trap is going to earn you a lot more points.

You may use any combination of items that you can gather on the server, the trap must be made on HC in a live environment.

The winner will be selected on Monday, 9 PM EST (17th)

The winner will receive two prizes, one of which will only be known to the winner and the other will be their own selection from 3 fabulous prize packages.

Remember; the more elaborate the trap is the better!

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
Lucky, we will need a demo for mine, there are 4 methods of death and all of the involve acting and actors.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Do we have to build it on the server?

EDIT: I can't read...

You are really limiting this contest to engineers/masons by making it so that you have to make it in Herocraft.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
im gona build my in single player, and if it need to be done on hc then all the ingineers can copy mine when its done

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
Gorramit, I've been busy with Thanksgiving! I have some extremely elaborate traps planned out already in my head ;-; Can we have a couple more days for all the Canadians in the crowd? I'll drive you down a barrel of Gay Bacon Strips Lucky!

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
if you extend this ill do it, bet you will be impress because this is all stealthy, no pressure plate used to detect player, all automatic and resets each use.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
if you extend this ill do it, bet you will be impress because this is all stealthy, no pressure plate used to detect player.
So that's why you hired those Peruvian midgets! Those fuckers can hide ANYWHERE. Had one run into my closet once, I think he wound up in Narnia because I haven't seen him since. Stealthy fuckers.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
Wooooooo! With the note that recall takes a total of 10 seconds to activate I'm going to take a healthy 5-6 seconds of torture me thinks. Do we have to factor in that warriors in armor can take insane damage or players using flameshield against lava/fire?

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
awww I wish I were an engi now :( I have had a wicked trap planned forever.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
well mine is going to be pure redstone, I don't really use IC, which means that this will work on any vanilla server, only thing engi i need is pistons.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Something tells me that peter is going to lose because his redstone contraption will be so large and complex (and amazin) that it will lag the server and be removed by admins.

Edit: Now that I think about it, someone with peter's skills could probably make something insane with a minimal amount of redstone :eek:

Edit 2: I might quit on the whole mason thing and go back to engineer. If I do I will be willing to place pistons for free. Also I'd like to volunteer to set off traps :D

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
well mine is going to be pure redstone, I don't really use IC, which means that this will work on any vanilla server, only thing engi i need is pistons.

So how do you trigger it?

Also, does the trap have to be practical? I was under tight restrictions when creating mine but it would be incredibly easy with a large amount of space to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.