• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

No sand in the Desert?

XxGrizzlyAdamsxX

Legacy Supporter 3
Heres a solution very easy and yet very simple to do for the problem of all the sand being cleared out and making the server look someone bad with the huge holes and smoothstone everywhere. In the last server i played on we had regenerative blocks for the public mines in town. So basically use the method and put it to the sand. Then, presto! No more giant pits nappyness floatin around our server.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't think Kainzo will ever regenerate blocks. It's up to the people who want that desert to look good to fix the holes if they want to and hunt down / camp the people doing it until they find a new place to gather sand.

If you want the area to look good, put some effort into it and solve the problem rather than have admins fix it by rolling back/spawning new blocks into the area.

XxGrizzlyAdamsxX

Legacy Supporter 3
Hdmm, you are correct on thatn. Well, im also a huge supporter of underwater mining for it. It is dangerous, yes but that will possibly help from fix the problem as well.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
An old desert can be turned into a very nice looking ocean or other structure. While areas may be regenerated [Due to abandoned buildings and such], I would assume the first layer of block additions/changes would be to extend the map as that is simply a better overall strategy due to more build space + you deal with more than one resource being regenerated.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
if you want to stay on herocraft... DONT MENTION OTHER SERVERS!!! kain doesn't like it very much

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
I could see some minor regeneration, but not all of.
What I imagine is some sand being added in a layer every few weeks maybe. Kinda like the desert creeping back in like it naturally would.
This kinda regeneration would not help people much when it comes to mining, having limitless sand or other resources. It'd be so slow, it wouldn't be worth depending on for resources.

Same thing with dirt. If there's an area that hasn't been touch for a while, a bit of dirt will build up.
That way, if you were to watch an abandoned town, you'd see it slowly be buried from the outsides in, just like in real life.
Keep in mind though, to bury a town with three story buildings it would take at least 6 months in RL time.

I imagine this would be a huge under taking to code, so I suggest you consider not holding your breathe. ;)

XxGrizzlyAdamsxX

Legacy Supporter 3
thats what i was sorta implying in this post, is for the world to slowly replenish itself like in R/L it would make the RP in the server even better.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Everything is warshard almost, since towns won't have a pvp off region except for a small one inside the town hall.

Just can't break everything like you could on warshard.

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
@donnymeyet

People trying to drop rules every 5 seconds when they themselves have no authority is getting old quick.
That rule obviously means dont specific names of servers.
He was simply referencing a previous experience.
Leave rule enforcement to the staff.

mr_pi3

Iron
if you want to stay on herocraft... DONT MENTION OTHER SERVERS!!! kain doesn't like it very much

There are OTHER servers? I always thought they were just legends?

But on a more serious note, a town could never be buried by dirt could it? cos IRL towns are buried cos the buildings sink, but that won't happen in minecraft. If the town was to slowly be buried with dirt, you would end up with a massive hill of dirt, not the unblemished plain/forest or whatever.

That said, I could imagine towns that haven't been visited have their blocks "decay" slowly to make ruins, which could then slowly disappear and when they've gone, then the grassland could come back, without towers ad whatnot getting in the way.

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
There are OTHER servers? I always thought they were just legends?

But on a more serious note, a town could never be buried by dirt could it? cos IRL towns are buried cos the buildings sink, but that won't happen in minecraft. If the town was to slowly be buried with dirt, you would end up with a massive hill of dirt, not the unblemished plain/forest or whatever.

That said, I could imagine towns that haven't been visited have their blocks "decay" slowly to make ruins, which could then slowly disappear and when they've gone, then the grassland could come back, without towers ad whatnot getting in the way.

Last map when a town lost it's rings, and wasn't active, the admins rolled back the town area to a time before the town began.

Shenorai

Banned
In the Fourth Age (ie, last map), the staff occasionally went in and regenerated the landscape, especially if it wasn't being used for a town area.

I imagine that this will repeat itself once we start running low on resources in the map.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We know some players have come from other servers - that's fine. Just don't advertise names/specific websites etc!

Anyways, I have repaired a few deserts - but it wont be done all the time.