• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion No Deathchests on region protected zones

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Im all for fighting, and I love the castle system we have but it's no fun when the enemies can come back infinitely. Especially these days when most of the fighting is done on the hero gates. People always run to the safe zones and die there so they can easily pick up their chests and come back to the fight again and again.. and again..
We used to have this system a while back, you wouldn't drop chests inside graveyards, enemy towns, etc..

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, I'm all for killing people a billion times, but this leads to people eventually getting the upper hand. With LWCs allowed on the border anyways and the existence of shops, those should be the go-to for regearing. Not death chests region protected.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Yeah people didn't like losing their items when raiding, said it would discourage it. I personally agree, however Kain already mentioned moving the Castles farther from the Herogates to prevent people from GY rushing it.

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
The castles do absolutely need to be moved further away. If you capture a castle using two people, going against two people, and win, odds are you'll be left at low health, and not given much of a chance to heal up for the second round when they return, putting you down on the losing side... For winning.

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
The castles do absolutely need to be moved further away. If you capture a castle using two people, going against two people, and win, odds are you'll be left at low health, and not given much of a chance to heal up for the second round when they return, putting you down on the losing side... For winning.
This is being worked on, should be done when admins have time in a few weeks time.

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
A few weeks time... Takes a minute to move each castle
You'd need to move them quite a ways to keep people from returning within 6 minutes, plus even then, there's Accelerando and GTP.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
You'd need to move them quite a ways to keep people from returning within 6 minutes, plus even then, there's Accelerando and GTP.
I mean we don't want to make it so if you die at a conquest point you lose your stuff. 400-500 blocks away is fine

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I mean we don't want to make it so if you die at a conquest point you lose your stuff. 400-500 blocks away is fine

Castle death chests I can forgive. However safe zones shouldn't have chest spawns. There's a lot of pvp nowadays that involves cat an mouse to and from the hero gate safe zones. People run back so when they die they can get their stuff under the protection of nopvp and continue to fight at the safe zone edge. If their items dropped in safe zones w/o a deathchest they would actually run away and world PvP would have a more clear win condition.

Last edited:

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Castle death chests I can forgive. However safe zones shouldn't have chest spawns. There's a lot of pvp nowadays that involves cat an mouse to and from the hero gate safe zones. People run back so when they die they can get their stuff under the protection of nopvp and continue to fight at the safe zone edge. If their items dropped in safe zones w/o a deathchest they would actually run away and world PvP would have a more clear win condition.
I completely agree with this, but if it were implemented, the Herogates and other safezones would need better indicators of where they begin. For example, when entering a herogate region it should say "Entering Southwest Herogate" or something along a the lines of that. Otherwise, PLEASE implement this...