• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ninja Skill Suggestion

I have recently specced to ninja, and am noticing why it is not a popular class.

The main thing is that they have absolutely no ranged attacks, making them terrible against casters and rangers in open areas where movement is not restricted. A Geomancer could easily use deepfreeze to stop my movement and hit me with their ranged attacks like fireball, and chain lightning and take me out before I am able to reach them. Also it forces a ninja to take the beating during battle due to our lack of hp and armor, so this would be a a good balance to their close-combat nature.

So I'm proposing either a ranged attack to damage the opponent or to bring them closer to the caster

First, the skill to bring them closer.
Name- Chain-Whip
Level- 15
MP- 20(?)
CD- 10sec
Effect- Forces the the player or mob casted on to be brought to 2 blocks in front of the caster (must be a block not air)
Range- 10 blocks (?)

Second, the damaging skill.
Either the re-implementation of star, or...
Name- Kasarigama (yes I know this was a suggested skill by Kriskills, I am simply expanding on it)
Level- 40
MP- 40 (?)
CD- 20 sec
Effect- Does 15 dmg and slows down the mob or player for 5 seconds
Range- 15-20 blocks (?)

c12095

Holy Shit!
I have recently specced to ninja, and am noticing why it is not a popular class.

The main thing is that they have absolutely no ranged attacks, making them terrible against casters and rangers in open areas where movement is not restricted.

Confuse? I mean the geomancer will go haywire not being able to land a fireball.

If they can land a root or deep freeze me 4 (not with any buffs added) arrows could down me, or a geo could pelt me with fireballs while im stuck and then take me out before i can get close enough to hit them (they have pretty high health so they would survive a few hits).

c12095

Holy Shit!
If they can land a root or deep freeze me 4 (not with any buffs added) arrows could down me, or a geo could pelt me with fireballs while im stuck and then take me out before i can get close enough to hit them (they have pretty high health so they would survive a few hits).

Did you even read what I just wrote? Nothing in your post even remotely related to the fact that you can Confuse the target...

JZillifro

Soulsand
Ninjas are made for stealth, not for fighting a ranged class from across an open field, try sneaking up on people. I personally have played ninja and I felt the class was perfectly fine. Back stab does 18-24 damage per hit from behind with a diamond sword, if you can get the drop on them like you're supposed to, they're screwed

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
erm whut?
Ninja is one of the most used classes on the server.

As a ninja with the element of surprise you can easily 3-5 shot most classes