• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion ninja get shuriken.

purenrgiii

Iron
shuriken consumes 10 iron. apon use your vision zooms in (becomes focused) and your slowed (kneeling) and onces you've fired 10 shuriken(snowball texture) you return to normal. shurken do 30 dmg and slows enemy.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Its a cool idea, but personally I would never use it as a Ninja. Bow is always a better choice when talking about ranged combat, and aiming snowball rapid-fire to hit all 10 would be kinda meh.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
but it also slows the person you hit
Even if it does slow the person you hit, I personally would still never even consider using it.
Edit: 1 shuriken that deals about 200-250-ish damage could work in my opinion, though. Possibly even replace Blitz to a more Ninja-like skill.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Creative, but 10 iron is a lot. Does Ninja really need a slow? @ExperiencedNinjas
Oh poop I didnt even notice he made a reagent for it lol.

I think this could work like this:
Name: Shuriken Damage: 150 CD: Same as Blitz (would replace Blitz) Stam/Mana costs: Same as Blitz and Reagent: 1 Iron Ingot. Would have 60 damage less than Blitz, but would have a slow. Ninjas having a Shuriken would honestly make more sense than having a renamed Bolt.

purenrgiii

Iron
this is the thing. ninja are TACTICAL! lol. they are not tanks like samuri (should be) they hide in the shadows gather intel and work in groups. if the person is slowed you can either hit them with the rest and do 300. OR hit his buddies and make your get away. also 10 iron is not alot for a 1 time use skill. this is not something to be spammed. yesterday i went mining with 2 iron picks and came back with a stack and a half of iron. and since ninja can hardly use iron i give it to my town mate. the idea is that each iron is 1 shuriken. shuriken were never meant to kill enemies. hurt and maim them. distract and slow down.

Drunturtle

Stone
Ive seen a shuriken spell and it worked pretty well, it consumed 1 flint and arrows shooted out from it you could somehow spam it however the arrows didnt go further than 5 blocks and they were not as fast as fully charged arrows

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
This is a flexible and creative skill - but has no backbone to it. Ninja already has a slow/root called blackjack.... Furthermore, Ninja isn't meant to be a ranged class that slows the enemy, It's meant to sneak behind the enemy, then burst a ton of damage through it's root, and high damaging skills.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Lol im bad at pvp...on a more serious note (see what I did there), I personally love the idea (replacing blackjack) but Arch's post makes sense and is prob true.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I think you guys are trying to overcomplicated this idea.

Funny enough I suggested adding in something like this for the new update, but I don't know if we'll be seeing it happen.

Aside from that, I think that they should have their ability to use bows removed, and then replace this with the ability to throw Shuriken. I heard from a friend of mine that this had already been accomplished on another server, so I'd like to see if something similar can be done on Herocraft. It fits right in with the Ninja concept, and would be a great skill addition to the class.

You could make it work with say. flint, to where a right click fires a projectile, similar to a fireball, that does a small amount of physical damage. This would have very low damage, as well as a very low cooldown. It would really only be limited by the amount of flint the Ninja carries.
You don't need to add fancy slows, large damage numbers, or long cooldowns. A simple ability like this would be fun to play with, and it shouldn't tamper with their balance (too much).

purenrgiii

Iron
for one right now ninja is a little wonky because the fact is...the don't do alot of damage. a master ninja can't solo almost any other master class. i don't like black jack, it's simply to random to be effective. the shuriken ISN"T A RANGED ATTACK!. it's more of a ranges effect. it's not meant to do alot of damage it's meant to aid when fighting multiple people or when escaping.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
for one right now ninja is a little wonky because the fact is...the don't do alot of damage. a master ninja can't solo almost any other master class. i don't like black jack, it's simply to random to be effective. the shuriken ISN"T A RANGED ATTACK!. it's more of a ranges effect. it's not meant to do alot of damage it's meant to aid when fighting multiple people or when escaping.

You sir are retarded "ninja don't do a lot of damage" when they get there eviscerate blitz combo that's 400-500 damage right there...

purenrgiii

Iron
which is a little more than half most master class hp. also calling someone retarded is uncouth and uncalled for.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
purenrgiii - Do you even Herocraft? Delfofthebla you probably don't want to waste your time giving purengiii a verbal beat-down about how awesome Ninjas actually are, but maybe you could at least link one of your past threads ;)

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
"They dont do a lot of damage." Sure, Ninja just HAPPENS to have the highest autohit damage, which is I believe 107 with a Diamond Sword without any skills., and 127 with Gold Sword. On test server, Ninja has 111 with Diamond and 132 with Gold Sword. Not much damage? Think of how much it does with Backstab boost, while you have Envenom and Blackjack on. You can hit a lot of damage, you can hit often, yet you are claiming they dont do a lot of damage.