• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Newbie] Trying to look for a quick way to level with my friends

Azelia_1

Dirt
Hi , im new to the herocraft server as of yesterday and am looking for a quick way to level with my friends.

We have our base set up and a good amount of ore but now leveling our combat area is taking forever.

Well kill around 6-7 zombies and only get maybe 10-12% . RIght now we are about lostsoul lvl 10 and any help on how to level fast would be gladly appreciated.

Is the only way to level quick through buying boosts??

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
As you move further out into the map the mobs health, damage and exp changes. I would suggest that once your current area gets too easy you should move out to get increased exp. You do not HAVE to buy a boost but obviously this helps everyone on the server, you could wait for someone else to buy one - there is usually one bought every weekend.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Use a iron hoe, it has no durability issues so you won't have to even think about breaking it
Look for a terraformed swamp, large flat swamplands produce extremely large amounts of mobs that you can quickly butcher (look on the Dynamap to scout one out that is a fair distance from spawn)
Persistence. Leveling takes a long time but is extremely rewarding once you finish the job

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Join a town. Lost souls need help to level efficiently, and if all your friends are new just like you, then it will be slow work.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
LS and Crafter combined take about a day
A better way to put this would be "1-4 hours of playtime" to reach Level 20. This is just a guess, I have no perfect grasp of the actual timing of it.
And, Jupe, don't forget that Vets like us have practice and are far more efficient Herocraft levelers than noobs.

New players: His sentiment is correct, reaching your Specialization and Profession is the fast part of leveling, which is nice because its also the hardest/most boring.
A good PvP swamp near spawn (mobs are easiest on pvp near spawn) is about 800 to the East at (800,0).

I personally wouldn't buy a boost if I was new, you can take the best advantage of them when you have a bit more tankyness and a less limited skillset that you will unlock when you reach your Spec/Prof, so reach level 10ish on your spec to get the best out of a boost that you buy. Until then, join a town, laugh when you die, Melee with an iron hoe, and enjoy the fact that any boost bought is server wide, meaning you can continue to fall in love with HC without having to commit to it until you are ready.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Join a town most of them will help you lvl but if have have a large group of friends you could go near the edge of the map, the mobs will be hard but with enough people you should be able to kill them and lvl