• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion new warrior or other related class mechanic

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
yes, inspired from WoW, but it could work!

warriors all now have negative mana regen. yup, their mana is almost always at 0. how would they increase it you ask? by using specific skills or autoattacks! its kind of like the bloodunion req's and consumption, but probably easier to implement. warriors now have like -65 mana regen, (wisdom still increases this!) and a few of their skill generate mana. autoattacks also generate a smaller amount. the rest of their skillset, requires this mana. and deal proportionally higher damage than the mana increasing ones. warriors obviously don't use mana (cept DK's and pallies, which may continue their current system... maybe...) but it'd be hard (i assume) to rework heroes to add new names for the mana resource for each class. ninja's could also use this system, landing specific skills and auto attacks (backstabs double the mana regen) in which the mana would be used for nuke skills like eviscerate and blitz.

it'd be a new concept, but I think it'd be a fun one :)

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
I think something like this might kind of work for berserker maybe, but ninja would have to have a different mechanic, because what about fade and other things you don't usually do during the middle of a battle much? Rather than ninja having this mana decay mechanic, ninja could just have some skills that require others to be used first making it possible to do cool combo skill thingies. But something like this might work for berserker.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't think I'm grasping this. So you want Berserker to use mana for its attacks?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
A secondary rage system could be fun on berserker, but that would basically mean recreating the class.

Moralsk

Gold
I think something like this might kind of work for berserker maybe, but ninja would have to have a different mechanic, because what about fade and other things you don't usually do during the middle of a battle much? Rather than ninja having this mana decay mechanic, ninja could just have some skills that require others to be used first making it possible to do cool combo skill thingies. But something like this might work for berserker.

Yeah, I'm kind of confused how this would relate to Berserker mate, as we never use mana for anything. Like Malik said, it would need a redo, which honestly I doubt that'll happen. No one that works on skills (that posts anyways, I believe Delf shadows around here) seems to really care about working on Berserker for anything.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
you guys misread/overlooked my post about mana resource.
warriors obviously don't use mana (cept DK's and pallies, which may continue their current system... maybe...) but it'd be hard (i assume) to rework heroes to add new names for the mana resource for each class.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
So rework every warrior class for the sake of what? Is this really worth it and what will it actually improve?
I didn't say every class. I said some classes that it may work well with. It'd provide a limiter, and it'd be a fun, NEW (it is a suggestion, not a demand) mechanic to the game. as I specifically pointed out, DK and pally already have a use for mana, they dont need to be touched.

instead of focusing on class's nukes, and other forms of damage, or just increasing/reducing cooldowns, we could implement other forms of limiters (not just from this suggestion) that keep the class interesting, fun and overall balanced.