• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New system new map ???

Cardboardking

Legacy Supporter 9
Is there going to be new map or something when new township plugin come??
Because i would rly like it this would be better for everyone fresh start and new plugin :D

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Although I feel this would work a lot nicer, there has been no planning for a new map, no building, not even talks about it. Don't expect one to come.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Is there going to be new map or something when new township plugin come??
Because i would rly like it this would be better for everyone fresh start and new plugin :D

The map already reset about 3 months ago, they are not going to do it again, I highly doubt it and wouldn't like it either.
Town regions will be removed, leaving only the structures.
Mayors, will have to rearrange their town area using the new plugin's region set.

At least that's what I've heard. There was never anything mentioned about a map reset.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Thats half wrong @Eneokun . The talk of how the new township system will be implemented has been geared towards two options, the one you stated and one where it is set in place on the ffa map. I would much rather see the latter to be honest.

Eventually when the map resets id like to see them do away with this split server idea, having one map with pvp flagging and this new township system all bundled together.... a man can dream right?

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Thats half wrong @Eneokun . The talk of how the new township system will be implemented has been geared towards two options, the one you stated and one where it is set in place on the ffa map. I would much rather see the latter to be honest.

Eventually when the map resets id like to see them do away with this split server idea, having one map with pvp flagging and this new township system all bundled together.... a man can dream right?
If only I could agree with this x10000 one map =
  • More people interacting
  • More people to kill
  • More fun
  • Greater and bigger townships
  • And heaps more other things.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thoughts of making a server specifically for the new township plugin were tossed around but were pretty negatively received.

Also - Herocraft has always had "multiple" maps running at once. Warshard, Main, Nether - there's just never been a viable solution for PVE players.

Issues still very present in Minecraft.
LAG.
When 1.9 rolls around (if ever) they will have multithreaded mobs so each core will be used to "think" for mobs.

Every release past 1.5 has been laggier and laggier when it comes to AI.

I don't think we could have a lag-free environment with over 100 players on the same server.

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Thoughts of making a server specifically for the new township plugin were tossed around but were pretty negatively received.

Also - Herocraft has always had "multiple" maps running at once. Warshard, Main, Nether - there's just never been a viable solution for PVE players.

Issues still very present in Minecraft.
LAG.
When 1.9 rolls around (if ever) they will have multithreaded mobs so each core will be used to "think" for mobs.

Every release past 1.5 has been laggier and laggier when it comes to AI.

I don't think we could have a lag-free environment with over 100 players on the same server.
So most likely we will not have this 3th world just for new townships?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

Well doing that would force 60% ( Seems about this much of the server plays PVE ) of the server to live in constant fear of being murdered and would likely lead to them leaving. I'm not trying to be rude, but this is a baaaad idea >.<

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Well doing that would force 60% ( Seems about this much of the server plays PVE ) of the server to live in constant fear of being murdered and would likely lead to them leaving. I'm not trying to be rude, but this is a baaaad idea >.<
The idea would be to have a no pvp flag and a pvp flag so they both exist on the same map. Not forcing everyone to pvp, but allowing a coexistance. I also feel that residences need to be removed, making townships the soul source of protection for items.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The idea would be to have a no pvp flag and a pvp flag so they both exist on the same map. Not forcing everyone to pvp, but allowing a coexistance.
Ideas like this keep being proposed to keep a critical mass of players in the one place. Fragmenting the server population is not working well at all.

I also feel that residences need to be removed, making townships the soul source of protection for items.
Townships 3.0 has shelters which are in effect personal residences and would, I understand, replace residences. I agree with you and hope that Shelters aren't as attractive an option as residences have been. The option to keep all your stuff safe out of a town has damaged township play.

EDIT TO ADD: Same goes for noble plots at the spawns. Not helping towns.