• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Samurai Skills

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Hold Firm: Passive skill, activates when below 400HP. Take 25% less damage, deal 10% more damage.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Hold Firm: Passive skill, activates when below 400HP. Take 25% less damage, deal 10% more damage.
I think this should have a timed active once at this point though, so maybe lasts for 15 seconds? This way, even if we are healed or if they kite us it can end at a set point rather than based on HP fluctuation. And it goes without saying, but it would replace Berserk.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
New inversion type skill that when hit for 15 secs all mana used converts to dmg capping at 175 dmg. So if you open with a caster and they do their nuke combo they will most likely take 175 dmg in the process.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
New inversion type skill that when hit for 15 secs all mana used converts to dmg capping at 175 dmg. So if you open with a caster and they do their nuke combo they will most likely take 175 dmg in the process.
should cap at a bit higher like 200 as Inversion would be 55/60. But I like the idea :D

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
the samurai skill fearless strike would be pretty cool, it would fit perfectly. so was reading this book, and 2 guys were sword fighting for a king's pleasure, the way one of them won the fight was he took a sword attack to his leg, while delivering a more effective blow to the other guy's middle part of his body or something. (Yes, if any of you are wondering, it WAS Inheritance.)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
the samurai skill fearless strike would be pretty cool, it would fit perfectly. so was reading this book, and 2 guys were sword fighting for a king's pleasure, the way one of them won the fight was he took a sword attack to his leg, while delivering a more effective blow to the other guy's middle part of his body or something. (Yes, if any of you are wondering, it WAS Inheritance.)
Inheritance in the Eragon series? How's that related to samurais...

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Inheritance in the Eragon series? How's that related to samurais...
people were talking about a self-sacrifice skill for samurais. was using that as a comparison because samurais are couragoues, and it took courage to do that feat. wasnt comparing samurais to dragon riders of course XD just a feature that both have.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
they're one of the most efficient classes in the game in terms of running away/running after someone...

While the skill One is quite useful, it is also very limited... and so I disagree somewhat. The skill is almost useless unless you already have nearly full stamina when it is cast, because you can't run if you are less than about half stamina, which is about how much is used by the skill itself. It is also only really useful if you are on almost completely flat ground.

Compare this to jump/superjump for dragoons... on all but the flatest terrain, a dragoon can easily keep pace with a samurai using One, plus they don't need full-ish stamina to use, and they can jump on top/over large structures as well.

This comparison really only applies against dragoons, so I guess it's more a critique of dragoons and not samurai. It feels unbalanced that dragoons have the most mobility by far and they also have status/mobility effects like spear and impale.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
samurais aren't meant for mobility, rather, they are meant as a dps (damage) class.

That's why I said the post was more about dragoons, rather than samurais. It feels unbalanced that dragoons are both most mobile (which is fine on it's own) but also has some of the best anti-mobility skills to use against other players. Any player that doesn't have any skills to mitigate this is basically useless in battle against dragoons.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
true, but isnt that the point? i would agree that they are slightly unbalanced, and in my opinion, could use slightly less armor, maybe remove the diamond legs and make it iron, since they have so much health and maneuvering skills to avoid damage anyways. also lore wise, diamond wouldnt make sense as it is the heaviest of all the armor in minecraft, which would make it hard to jump, superjump, etc...

edit: Morningstar42, your avatar scares me XD