• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Samurai Skills

Y

ytiggidmas

Ideas for another Samurai skill(Kainzo announced to post some)
These are just some of my ideas, feel free to post yours :D
EDIT: Please don't comment about my suggestions, post your own instead.

Frenzy- Your sword is empowered by rage, you attack the target 3 times over 3 seconds.(Bleed renamed & changed to 40 damage per tick , 1 tick per second for 3 seconds.(120 damage total)

Crushing Blow- You smash your sword into your opponent slowing them for 3 seconds.

Crescent Sweep- You knock up your target dealing 60 damage and silence your target for 4 seconds(renamed flyingkick)

Shadow Assault- You hide in the shadows(smoke renamed)

Please refrain from starting arguments and getting this thread locked thanks! :D
w0nd3rb0y PCmonkey11 @all other mastered/current Samurai's Any ideas/changes?

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Frenzy- Your sword is empowered by rage, you attack the target 3 times over 3 seconds.(Bleed renamed & changed to 40 damage per tick , 1 tick per second for 3 seconds.(120 damage total)
I don't believe you can modify the amount of hit's that someone takes in a certain amount of time. I believe it's impossible to code. I guess your saying it like bleed though so yeah that would work XD

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
I would love all these, however sammy would just be a Ninja in armor. I wouldn't mind a slow, but a "fade" and "silence" would be OP. Bring back inversion
Inversion was..SO FUN. I remember like just letting I think it was alexhoff bolt me and drain mana, then I inversioned and it 1 hit him. I think DK's need inversion, and empathy taken out, they get raped by caster specs.

Gluzz

Glowing Redstone
I have 4 ideas that I really think would be very good additions to the amazing Samurai class:

Balloon - Your body fills up with air and you may float away
Blimp - like balloon but bigger
Cloud - you become a cloud for 9 minutes
Self Destruct - You explode erupt in fire and die, but you get auto banned for 2 weeks

PCmonkey11

Legacy Supporter 3
hhhmmmm a little over powered I think.

Reasons:
A slow would give you so much over powered burst because of no knock back.
A silence would allow you to counter caster specs, which your not supposed to be able to do.
Do not give us this combo of skills because with shadow assault you can burst someone without them doing a thing about it.

Don't get me wrong I would love these skills but they would be to strong.
Maybe just 1 of these skills to make it interesting :3

Y

ytiggidmas

Thanks for the replies and ideas guys!
PCmonkey11 The skills listed are ideas, and I think you misunderstood.
Samurai's are supposed to get one skill not all of them, however I don't wan't to say that one of these will be added. It's all up to Kainzo, and I think the balance team. These are just suggestions.

Mrchucklez Than why don't you make your own?

leftovers5 Could you go into more details, rather than such a simple statement?

EDIT: I think flat damage skill would be a good addition without making it overpowered, but i'm not sure about inversion as I don't know what it is.(Is it whatever mana a person is missing is dealt as damage or what?)

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
leftovers5 Could you go into more details, rather than such a simple statement?
Sure - I was about to go to sleep so I popped out a short reply, probably came off rudely.

Currently, Samurais are in the right place. Their final skill could use some work, given that it's not very practical, but they're one of the most efficient classes in the game in terms of running away/running after someone. Slowing something should be reserved more for the ranged classes (casters and rangers).

Inversion is probably the right replacement for the final skill, but when it was in place it was way too easily abused. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with reciprocating damage taken to the opponent.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Samurais are very powerful still, so it would be hard to balance some of the skills and the rock paper scissors scenario for classes mean that a silence would make samurais to good for some caster specs.

PCmonkey11

Legacy Supporter 3
Samurais are very powerful still, so it would be hard to balance some of the skills and the rock paper scissors scenario for classes mean that a silence would make samurais to good for some caster specs.
jazza I already posted about how the silence would make it unfair for caster specs :s

PCmonkey11

Legacy Supporter 3
your point? I was implying it with the RPS scenario...
That is basically what I had in my first post I just didn't call it RPS

quote PCmonkey11
A silence would allow you to counter caster specs, which your not supposed to be able to do.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
From a guy who has been Samurai for 10 months:

Samurai really needs a new skill, there is an 11 levels gap between 49 and 60. That's several tens of thousand exp, only for one skill. People say "Samurai can't have silence/slow, it'll counter casters" Have any of you noticed that Ninjas has two extremely powerful skills that goes right trough armor? Eviscerate is an instant 3 hearts of damage, Blitz is 4 - 4.5. If a Ninja gets one stun on a samurai, all they need to do is wacking their sword a few times + Eviscerate and the samurai is dead. A rogue works as an anti-warrior, wtf? So why can't we have a skill to counter Casters? After we got nerfed and lost Inversion + 20dmg on our gold sword and 10 damage on Dia, we need something to counter Casters again. (One helps, but whenever you use a sword it breaks your sprint so you're unable to reach kiters).

Samurai currently have 6 spec skills.

Bladegrasp (10), Bleed (20), CleaveCrap (30), MortalShit (40), One (49), Berserk (60). There are big gaps between all our skills.

Suggested skill:

Banzai
lvl 55
Stuns enemy for 2-3 sec.
Stam: 8
CD: 10 seconds

victim130

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
It seems all warrior specs have a slow/stun, I believe Samurais should have one too. *jazza's stamp of approval*

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Ideas for another Samurai skill(Kainzo announced to post some)
These are just some of my ideas, feel free to post yours :D

Crushing Blow- You smash your sword into your opponent slowing them for 3 seconds.

Crescent Sweep- You knock up your target dealing 60 damage and silence your target for 4 seconds(renamed flyingkick)

Shadow Assault- You hide in the shadows(smoke renamed)

Please refrain from starting arguments and getting this thread locked thanks! :D
w0nd3rb0y PCmonkey11 @all other mastered/current Samurai's Any ideas/changes?
We are honor bound swordsman of the Bushido. We do not use coward tactics such as Anger, Dirty fighting or hiding! (/end lore)
EtKEnn is right, but (Sorry you guys need a fucking wake up call) its "BIAS" if I put my input >.> (COUGH FUCKING COUGH)

But in seriousness, Berserk refers to Revenge or Anger, I already HATE that skill. I think Kainzo should rename it or remove it. Cleave is half broken half useless. Personally I enjoy bleed+MW with a BG or One when I can use it. And I use Bash when I can to interrupt casters, however, we have very little to stop kiting classes. I like Sam's ideas, but same reason Berserk doesn't work for me- its not Samurai-ish. Now here are my ideas.

Crescent Sweep- (First off I love this name.) Remove Cleave. Its only purpose is to kill large groups of mobs that you only ever see in events. (Now don't go calling it situational, because we have a few other of those fuckshit skills) ON to my idea though. Keep its multitarget function in, but make it slow (2-3seconds) or silence (0.5sec at most, this way its more of an interrupt, also making Bash less used and giving Samurai another skill)

Honorbound- As your HP gets lower you slightly gain more damage. (Assuming this is even possible at the moment) And I mean SLIGHTLY maybe an increase of 15 at MAX (And that would be if you are dead) This gives reference to fighting to the end.

(Kenn's idea) Banzai- Toss a firework at target and dazzle them. (Possible stun or CC of some sort) This may not be needed if my rework of Cleave is used.

Personally I think Berserk needs the boot and Bladegrasp needs some reworking. First off, we have about 3 to 4 situational skills and that's not including One. Berserk is LAME and kinda useless, we already die fast enough, what possible situation could it be used in? Killing a weak foe faster? Some edge on another samurai? Pssh, its useless in my eyes. Then Bladegrasp, situational, but better. Its for melee users (Or hybrids in some cases) and eventually blocks virtually ALL incoming melee damage. Well this is still a bit lame. Most classes have a plethora of skills that bypass it and if in the case they don't, you NEED to kill them during its duration or you are probably risking death or near death. I think BG should reduce all incoming damage allowing damage to be done, but even casters can't go through it.

Many Samurai can still manage and I won't lie, there are worse off classes, but we will eventually be the weak link in the future. Not to mention we have the smallest combo in the entire game. I might seem like a furious storm in this post, but I seriously LOVE Heroes and I know most aspects of it even if I only play Samurai. I am not bias and I don't want my class to be a god tier class. So trust me on this and please comment on what I have said here.