• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Profession idea

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
I can't really think of a name, I don't want to sound corny or too much like the hit Valve game, but here is my idea. A transportation profession, simply disigned to help players get to point A, to point B, faster.

The Portal Master, master of transporting people from 1 place, to another.

This profession would rely heavly on the party and group system, but simply put, this class would be able to make temp. hero gates that can transport people from 1 point, 2 another. Perhaps at a higher level, they can make their own, personal gate that will stay at a fixed spot, permitting infinate transport.

Or, this profession could have a mount system, where you can summon and mount pigs and have them move faster than normal, like 3 times, speed, and this doesnt need to be just pigs... (did you know you can 'mount' an arrow?)

Aetosion

Obsidian
Wizards have port, gport, and blink. Druids have port. Beguilers have porting to others. Necros have hellgate. Bards have quicken.

Although mounts would be cool, a profession for transportation would be utterly pointless. Let's also note that Kainzo doesn't allow playermade portals.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Wizards have port, gport, and blink. Druids have port. Beguilers have porting to others. Necros have hellgate. Bards have quicken.

Although mounts would be cool, a profession for transportation would be utterly pointless. Let's also note that Kainzo doesn't allow playermade portals.

Notice how 3/5 classes are mages, 1 a healer, 1 a bard.

Warriors have no transport, unless you consider jump a transport move.
Rogues get nothing, other than Bards (Quicken) and Ninjas (One, with a LONG cooldown).
Geomancers get nothing, but then again, they get the most damaging use skills in the game, and the rest of the mages get Teleport/port/ect.
Healers, other than Druid, get nothing.

That leaves 11/16 classes (15/20 if you consider unspeced) without transportation, leaving 11 of the classes requiring to buy their way to spawn or whatever.

Theazian

Legacy Supporter 3
That leaves 11/16 classes (15/20 if you consider unspeced) without transportation, leaving 11 of the classes requiring to buy their way to spawn or whatever.

I think that is good, because it gives classes with port/hellgate/etc a source of income. It's easier for other classes to be hired out as merc's

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I laughed really hard at the idea of a pig mount. I imagined an armored knight with a lance, on a pig, leaping over a fence into battle.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I don't see why not, they did it with mobriding for donators. Mob movement is also entirely server-based.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Unfortunately, this task is already given out to multiple classes

As someone mentioned before, this gives those... 5 classes a source of profit, right? Where do the other 15 classes get pay checks? I don't think Paladins get paid to be a tank, I don't think healers get paid to heal, I dont think rangers get paid for their DPS, and I dont think the other misc. classes have a way to make money, other than take up an 'in demand' profession, such as Merchant, Enchanter, or Alchemist, and try to make a profit that way...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As someone mentioned before, this gives those... 5 classes a source of profit, right? Where do the other 15 classes get pay checks? I don't think Paladins get paid to be a tank, I don't think healers get paid to heal, I dont think rangers get paid for their DPS, and I dont think the other misc. classes have a way to make money, other than take up an 'in demand' profession, such as Merchant, Enchanter, or Alchemist, and try to make a profit that way...
The others can 1) kill mobs 2) tank in groups 3) heal in groups 4) Merc-4-hire.
There's ways to make money. The port abilities are grand - we will not be putting this to a profession because we do not want everyone and their money porting around.
You choose Necro / Druid / Wizard for those porting abilities.