• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New plugin - Clans - thoughts/opinions/etc?

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I vote yes!

For the removal of townships though, I disagree. Townships/Kingdom should be more dumbed down like it used to be. There have been too many issues with the plugin and not a dedicated dev to deal with it.

There should be an Admin dedicated to townships, to collect taxes, upgrade items, placing regions, etc. As there is one for events

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I vote yes!

For the removal of townships though, I disagree. Townships/Kingdom should be more dumbed down like it used to be. There have been too many issues with the plugin and not a dedicated dev to deal with it.

There should be an Admin dedicated to townships, to collect taxes, upgrade items, placing regions, etc. As there is one for events
The tax admin - the most hated one in the world.

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
@Kainzo

Sorry, but I disagree. I like Herocraft as it is, and adding plugins that drastically change it would make it even harder for nublets to get a grasp on how the game is to be played. Also, price…. KILLS

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
@Kainzo

Sorry, but I disagree. I like Herocraft as it is, and adding plugins that drastically change it would make it even harder for nublets to get a grasp on how the game is to be played. Also, price…. KILLS
This will probably be easier on newer players. People will kill lostsouls and noobs less if they are worth 0 points. And if this eventually replaces towns a small group of new players will be able to get started more easily

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
This will probably be easier on newer players. People will kill lostsouls and noobs less if they are worth 0 points. And if this eventually replaces towns a small group of new players will be able to get started more easily

I can think of a lot of pvpers that, if they come across a noob, points or no points, they will slaughter them for pure fun.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I can think of a lot of pvpers that, if they come across a noob, points or no points, they will slaughter them for pure fun.
Sure, that is always going to happen. Not having this plugin and not removing towns will not change this. With the current PvP plugin it gives more of an incentive to kill noobs.

If they are worth no PvP stats people will not hunt them down like they do right now

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Instead of an upfront cost to make a guild, you could make it a monthly gambling pot type buy in. Something relatively small like 200 souls per guild goes into a pot. at end of the month, guild with highest rank gets the entire entry fee pot collected from all the other guilds.

could make kills on lost souls that are not in an enemy / rival town rank as civilian and give -1 or 2 points per kill. then anyone who gives any kind of a crap about the guild system would have an actual disincentive to kill random lost souls.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Change is the only reason why Herocraft is still alive today. We aren't a basic/vanilla survival server anymore.
Instead of an upfront cost to make a guild, you could make it a monthly gambling pot type buy in. Something relatively small like 200 souls per guild goes into a pot. at end of the month, guild with highest rank gets the entire entry fee pot collected from all the other guilds.

could make kills on lost souls that are not in an enemy / rival town rank as civilian and give -1 or 2 points per kill. then anyone who gives any kind of a crap about the guild system would have an actual disincentive to kill random lost souls.
Unfortunately, we wont be heavily editing this plugin or upkeeping it

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7

Maybe it could be a player/mod/admin run type of pot

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
I like this. I can see it working very well with the control points - instead of "Halizu's party is taking control of point B', "<clan name>" is taking control of point B, if that's possible of course.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Change is the only reason why Herocraft is still alive today. We aren't a basic/vanilla survival server anymore.

Unfortunately, we wont be heavily editing this plugin or upkeeping it

Well, as True said could make it a player / admin run thing outside of the programming of the plugin. Id be more than happy to run it very openly on forums although im sure there are others that could do a better job. So long as the plugin can keep the score effectively (and possibly be reset at the end of each competition?) then players / admins could run the money / reward part.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I like this. I can see it working very well with the control points - instead of "Halizu's party is taking control of point B', "<clan name>" is taking control of point B, if that's possible of course.
While this would be cool - we dont have the two systems integrated and that may lead to really heavy one-sided battles, which isnt what we want.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
To me clans/guilds already exist the only difference is that there isn't a plugin keeping score/stats of each clan/guild which is what this is about. I like the idea as I said before but I don't think we absolutely need it. I think we can survive without it.

@TrueCorruptor Do you mean dumbing down township plugin like in DG when they were square without the ring? Going from circle to square is pretty dumbing lol. Plus if I recall we had like 2-3 people collecting taxes from towns specifically lastivity who worked really hard with it and I remember trying to help her.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I feel like we're trying to make things simpler but it just ends up more complicated. Sort of how the internet was suppose to make the world smaller but it just made it larger.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Greetings!
I am looking for public opinion about this plugin being on Herocraft.

The purpose? Brings a dynamic event to PVP, allows players to create groups on the fly (for souls) and set allies and rivals with other Clans. Note the Tracking ELO plugin will be removed if Clans comes in - because it has its own.

The big issues? No auto-protection, more clan-based. Will not integrate "seamlessly" into Townships.

The killing stuff.
Killing a rival - yields you 2 pts
Killing neutrals - yields you 1 pts
Killing non-clan-players - yields you 0 pts.

Creation?
Set cost of 500s to register a clan, 1000s to "verify" it. (These numbers can change)

Why?
Better PVP rankings, ability to ally/war with other clans - msg boards/chats, possible protections later on with Precious Stones plugin (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/preciousstones/)

Clan Commands:
caZUHsE.png

Clan profiles;
Ll47uAO.png

Current Rivals -----
SUCuXNu.png

Leader Boards
BUse6YB.png

---------------------------------------------------------
What are your thoughts?

[USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39]@Heralds[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] | [USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12]@Moderators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] | [USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
What happens to your score when you die? This seems like a fun idea.