• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Necromancer Spell Idea

Is it a reasonable Idea

• Yes, but it could need some tweaking

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • No, its to OP or useless

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Most people know that in the necromancy spec there is a spell called BecomeDeath which gives you the ability to breath underwater, while skeletons and zombies ignore you.
Well heres my idea, what if there was a lvl 45 spell for necromancer called UndeadFrenzy. It would call upon all creepers, skeletons, zombies and possibly spiders in a 30 block raidus or so to attack the target somewhat like taunt but on the target instead of yourself. The mobs in the area would then ignore all current tasks and head towards the target and attack it until it was dead. (When nether is available it will also affect zombie pigmen.)
This might seem OP but if you think about it this spell would only work in certain situations and the level of mobs attracted could be from none to high depending on the casters location and the time of day. The spell would use 75% of the casters mana and it would cost 1 enderpearl plus a 3-5min cooldown.
By using this spell it could inturn distract the target allowing the caster to escape or assist the caster in killing the target. Tell me what you think and feel free to voice your opinion, but keep it mature.

GraRona

Portal
Seems good to me because you aren't spawning mobs but focusing already spawned ones onto the enemy.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Sounds good.
While the mana and ingredient costs are insane, this could end up to be a really awesome situational spell and add up extremely well with hellgate.

EDIT: Also, what about summon Ghast/Blaze/ZombiePigman?

While it would be focsed on attracting Zombies, skeletons, and creepers in the main world In the nether it would definately attract zombie pigmen but ghasts are too OP and Blazes arnt that useful.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
I mean i dont know alot about blazes but I dont think they would be available in these situations.
Hahahahahahhahaahahahaa.

Those things take out 4 hearts just by touching you, then they shoot fireballs.

Yeah, Blazes are probably the most OP mob ever. On second thought, we should probably not be able to summon them anyway, haha.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
Summon blaze seems like a geomancer opinion imo. Wouldn't be too OP if it was for 5 seconds.

Also I want undead frenzy. So. Much.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Summon blaze seems like a geomancer opinion imo. Wouldn't be too OP if it was for 5 seconds.

Also I want undead frenzy. So. Much.

Well, from what I thought the Geomancer was like the Elements dude and the Necro was the "Summon the dead" and "Go into nether" type mage, so, if anything, I think necros should be getting it.

I agree on the time limit, although you might want it to be like 10-20 seconds so that the Blaze actually has time to hit shit.

Anyway, undead Frenzy should be coming.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I said 5 seconds. The nether has guaranteed rape (confirmed by Kainzo) so blazes would have big damage. Plus, they do damage if they touch someone (I think) so it would be a hard to use ability. You would have to position it to touch your enemy, and if there is time, it uses its fire. Also, it would not be peaceful, it can attack you to.

Basically a hard to use, high risk summon.

Thnx for all your support, and in my opinion blazes are powerful but as weak as shit. I went to fight some on 1.0.0 and they do alot of damage but you can kill them quickly and easily with snowballs. Also a blaze randomly shoots off fireballs in any direction by spinning it would in turn be very dangerous for the caster.

Undead frenzy would only attract creepers, zombie pigmen, skeletons, and zombies. I really hope this gets accepted I can only imagine running from a bunch of robbers and bump into some creepers and zombs then sending them their way. Guys i dont know about making the enderpearl the cost becuase it seems to much what do you think it should be?

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
@Kainzo

Summary of what he said

"I am suggesting a new necromancer skill. I call this skill 'UndeadFrenzy.' It would be for Necromancers level 45. The cost is 75% of the necromancer's mana and 1 enderpearl. Here is what happens when UndeadFrenzy is cast.

• All creepers, skeletons, zombies, and possibly spiders are focused on 1 target in a 30 yard radius.
  • The mobs drop all tasks and attack the current target until dead
  • It would be used for escape or assisting the caster
You may think this is overpowered but it is not. It would only work in certain situations and if during the day time, monsters would probably be dead. Tell me what you think and voice your opinion, but keep it mature. Thank you for your time."

Don't forget to read the other posts. There's some good ideas in there.

I updated the main post by the way it would affect zombie pigmen and it would now only cost 1 lapiz and have a 3-5 min cooldown.