• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New miner skills: CompressRedstone and CompressCoal

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Hey, I hate crafting redstone and coal blocks after mining because dragging 9 stacks into that crafting grid really is annoying.
I would like 2 skills, /skill compressredstone and /skill compresscoal.

These skills will take 9 stacks of redstone/coal from inventroy and make a stack of blocks in your inventory, this will save miners a lot of time when done mining. (A backpack full of Redstone after mining takes a long time to convert into blocks)

Thanks for reading everyone.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
So if you have 8 stacks of redstone you can't use it?

DJAlphaWolf

Legacy Supporter 6
Might as well just go with 1 stack of an ore. Make any of them (lapis, iron, coal, redstone, gold, etc) compressible. Chances are that since its a skill they'll add a 5 second cool down on it or something like that. Probably gonna be like the smeltiron/smeltgold skills with their long-ish cooldowns to smelt one ore.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
So if you have 8 stacks of redstone you can't use it?

I just want to make stacks out of my inventory quick, it sucks that every mining trip I have to drag my 4x9 rows of redstone into that grid, with these skills I can use the skill 4 times for a way quicker way to make blocks for storage.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Might as well just go with 1 stack of an ore. Make any of them (lapis, iron, coal, redstone, gold, etc) compressible. Chances are that since its a skill they'll add a 5 second cool down on it or something like that. Probably gonna be like the smeltiron/smeltgold skills with their long-ish cooldowns to smelt one ore.

1 stack at a time would be way too slow, making it faster to just use the crafting grid to do 9 stacks. This skill is for miners, 1 mining trip is basically 4x9 rows of redstone (my backpack) and I want to quickly store it into block form to put it in my chest.

Sreolla

Legacy Supporter 6
If you hold left mouse button n drag stack in the 3x3 grid and not sure if u need to shift, it auto distributes a stack in the 3x3 grid evenly. which takes 2 seconds.... which would be faster than any skill on cooldown. 15 sec to stack a full inv of redstone into redstone blocks this way.......

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
If you hold left mouse button n drag stack in the 3x3 grid and not sure if u need to shift, it auto distributes a stack in the 3x3 grid evenly. which takes 2 seconds.... which would be faster than any skill on cooldown. 15 sec to stack a full inv of redstone into redstone blocks this way.......

Not with 4 rows of redstone lol, that is 4 stacks of blocks. Need to fill that grid 4 times in a row.

All 9 slots need to be filled with 64 redstone, 4 times in a row.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm just going to say this, because someone will at some point anyways - but it's very, VERY unlikely that a skill will be added just because something is tedious.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

A full inv takes longer than 15 seconds... takes me about 1:30.

Video:

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I'm just going to say this, because someone will at some point anyways - but it's very, VERY unlikely that a skill will be added just because something is tedious.

Hmm maybe, can't imagine this being hard to code though. Basically is smeltiron/gold but with different numbers.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Hmm maybe, can't imagine this being hard to code though. Basically is smeltiron/gold but with different numbers.
Not really though, with smeltGold/iron, you spare a bit of fuel (not a big deal, but might as well be mentioned), plus there's a chance that you get an additional (can't remember the %), ingot. Adding a chance to get an extra block gives someone 9 extra redstone as opposed to 1 extra ingot. Also, you can just turn it back into redstone, and thus get infinite redstone. (If a % to gain an additional block was added)

Sreolla

Legacy Supporter 6
Will since its pure dust already and 100% dust in inv click and drak a stack per slot on 9x9, takes what 15sec per 9 than? was thinking if ur out mining doing that helps alot

Sreolla

Legacy Supporter 6
so ya 10-15sec per 9,40-50sec on a inv full of 1 type of ore/dust. aintr thad bad to me....

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Will since its pure dust already and 100% dust in inv click and drak a stack per slot on 9x9, takes what 15sec per 9 than? was thinking if ur out mining doing that helps alot

I don't have time to put down that crafting bench, craft RS, destroy crafting bench every 5 minutes, I just do /backpack and shift click everything into my backpack to craft it in my house.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Your getting a full inv of ores every 5min?!?!

Excavate, and theres a shitton of redstone everywhere. Maybe not 5 minutes, but it goes pretty damn fast. Normal mining trip for me is like 20 minutes, and that fills my backpack up with coal+redstone pretty damn fast.

Coal is really abundant everywhere, so that fills up your inv fast too.

I leveled Alchemist 1-60 two days ago, Miner 1-60 yesterday. Now I'm just mining for souls, I made 4k in two days so far. If you have to spend 1-2 minutes crafting redstone/coal blocks everytime you go out mining, it really starts to irritate you. ( I mined 14 U3Eff4 picks to deep red today)

Sreolla

Legacy Supporter 6
good point on coal 4sure.... I never mind doing that little extra work so guess im biased on this one

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
good point on coal 4sure.... I never mind doing that little extra work so guess im biased on this one

I didn't before either, my arms hurt atm from all that mining/playing MC. The dragging Redstone is especially annoying becuase it requires a lot of motion when your arm is tired as fuck.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I'd do it one stack of dust at a time, personally. Unlike a crafting table, you are mobile while using skills and you'd be using it more often.
It's easier to walk/mine down and press a button every few seconds than place a crafting table, stop and craft.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I'd do it one stack of dust at a time, personally. Unlike a crafting table, you are mobile while using skills and you'd be using it more often.
It's easier to walk/mine down and press a button every few seconds than place a crafting table, stop and craft.

hmm maybe make it so you have to look at a crafting table like Deconstruct for Smith.
Either is fine though, if I can do it while moving and mining then 1 stack at a time is great.

My motivation for this post was me getting irritated by having to spend 2 minutes every time I come back fro mining, sounds stupid but it was annoying me when I was playing.