• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Challenging Mob

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
So witch gave me this idea although I'm pretty sure she was just dicking with me, I thought it would be sorta cool to see.

So for some backstory (as with all my posts) Witch was helping a newbie get started and the newbie asked about catalysts, so she listed a few different ways to get them, and added giants onto the list. Due to my absence, I was utterly intrigued by this idea that giants could be roaming among us! So I proceeded to pursue the statement until it was revealed to me that giants were just an elaborate ruse created for a laugh (Albeit it was funny.)

So why not add rare, giant mobs to fight. I'm surprised that no one has used one at this point, given the scale of the bosses and how epic they would be, right? It could be all like "Grrr, I'm a giant" and then it'd eat people, or something like that. You could even add a bit of lore behind the creatures, and make them spawn in specific places, possibly in some of the new dungeons (or outside of them.). You could name them troll or something (I know there are plenty of trolls on herocraft right now, but these trolls are different. Looking at you, Munch.).

Alright, I think I got all my humor out, so in all seriousness, I think it'd be an interesting boss fight to have giants, or an extremely rare giant mob, such as a slime or giant mob. Each of these giants could have their own abilities (as per mythic mobs) and would be tier 6 elite boss mobs that would require a well oiled team to defeat. As such, each of the giants could have a chance to spawn outside of a township along with a ton of smaller mobs for a siege warefare thing to shake up town safety measures. The giants could all have unique names and powers in order to fit into lore as possible demons or something like that. This could open up for some insane boss battles, but some parameters would have to be made. The giants won't attack first (as per giant, wolf, and ender man AI) unless the town raid thing is taking place. A town raid should only take place when enough players are on to defend it, and town raids will only last an hour, before the mobs are all slaughtered by the Zo, crushing the dreams of the giants and lesser mobs. This prevents mob sieges from taking place during time when a town is offline, only to get killed when they're online, and it allows some leeway to town members as to how they choose to defend their town or ride out the storm.

Giants should have a few powers to make avoiding them difficult.

Firstly, giants should spawn with jump boost so they can traverse walls n shit. They're giants, why can't they jump more than 1 meter in the air?

Each giant would have main attacks that they all share, things to prevent camping in tunnels and shit:

Shockwave: The giant stomps on the ground sending players flying into the air and towards the giant, and creating short walls of stone around 30 blocks around the giant for 10 seconds, players would gain jump boost until they hit te ground so they won't die in impact.

Throw Player: Only can be used on close players: The giant grabs a player and throws them several blocks away, with no safe fall.

Stomp: The giant stomps angrily on the ground around him, dealing damage to players within 5 blocks of his stomping and nauseating them for 3 seconds. The stomping lasts 6 seconds and follows the giant wherever he goes

Feed: The giant grabs a nearby mob and kills it, and feeds on it to restore 600 HP. Can't be used on players, has a long cool down

Rage: When the giant reaches 1/4 HO, he'll begin to stomp all the time in his walks, and use throw player whenever he is in range. He'll also throw blocks at the players, or hostile mobs, if they're within range.

Tell me what you think, etc. etc.

Written on mobile, autocorrect is a bitch, please ignore any typos.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Giants aren't viable to spend time on ATM. IIRC they might be removed in future updates of minecraft.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Giants aren't viable to spend time on ATM. IIRC they might be removed in future updates of minecraft.
They most likely will, but I doubt HC will get to 1.9 without a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG rework.

As for the time, I get that. It would be cool though.

Zephael_

Legacy Supporter 3

If and when this does happen, there should be a "The Last of the Giants" DoD event for the extinction of the giants before the server gets updated. XD