• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Netherbrick more XP

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
Currently Netherbrick gives 0.12xp, Ifeel this is way too low, maybe .5 or something. It would make people want to go to the nether more, and would increase the trade of nether ports.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Is it low, yes. However if people want the block, they will either buy it or go there reguardless of XP given. I don't see how this would increase the amount of ports to the nether at all. You don't exactly have people lining up to nether farm for XP but why do you need it to be increased? It has no rarity, and it's only use is for ascetics.

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
If it was seen as a good source of XP, it would be valued, thus more people would want to go to the nether.

Digger360

Obsidian
If this was the case, you could simply mine it, place it again, than mine it a day later. This would happen with ores, iron or gold perhaps, except they disabled placing ore blocks globally.

Aside from disabling the placement of netherbrick, there's not much they could do to circumvent this exploit, so non ore blocks have unusually low experience gain.

All the glowstone and various values the nether has to offer has already been mined. No reason to go to such a barren and pointless place. I could see a nether wipe happening, but I doubt that'd happen.

c12095

Holy Shit!
If this was the case, you could simply mine it, place it again, than mine it a day later. This would happen with ores, iron or gold perhaps, except they disabled placing ore blocks globally.

Aside from disabling the placement of netherbrick, there's not much they could do to circumvent this exploit, so non ore blocks have unusually low experience gain.

All the glowstone and various values the nether has to offer has already been mined. No reason to go to such a barren and pointless place. I could see a nether wipe happening, but I doubt that'd happen.

Pretty much 100% this.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7

This did happen on Zeal towards the start, I remember @Theassassin placed his gold ore in his home and would mine it up daily.