• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Nerf Disciple

Disciple's need to be..

• Total voters

teddytazer

Soulsand
In my opinion Disciple is far better then most classes. In a game where one starts with nothing, have to craft/mine your equipment, A class which requires no more then a stick to kick ass seems unfair. Recently changes have been made so caster classes would have less power coming from graveyard, yet disciple runs out.. punches more then a guy with a iron sword, self heals and force pushs/pulls people to death. Maybe its just me, but a healer class shouldnt be doing more melee damage with fist/stick/raw fish then a dreadknight with a diamond axe.

Joka10

Soulsand
Disciple is a combat class with healing abilities, according to what most people say.

and doing more than a dreadknight's dia axe... more than an iron sword...

That's wrong. They do 6 damage with a fist, stick, and fish.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Disciple is a combat class with healing abilities, according to what most people say.

and doing more than a dreadknight's dia axe... more than an iron sword...

That's wrong. They do 6 damage with a fist, stick, and fish.

According to the wiki they do 6 with fist 7 with stick and 8 with fish. I'm not sure if this is updated or not but... :)

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Teddy I havent played recently however disciples have had many of there skills nerfed recently and your information of running out of a graveyard is far from correct because a disciple is also very mana dependant and since when you revive you have 0 mana the disciple can only beat you with there fists and in the mean time you could have run away or healed up or prepared in some form of manner.
IMO disciples are actually reasonably balanced.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
According to the wiki they do 6 with fist 7 with stick and 8 with fish. I'm not sure if this is updated or not but... :)
last time i checked 3 weeks ago yes the wiki is outdated if thats the case as all disciple weapons do 6 damage now.

Joka10

Soulsand
I don't pay much attention to DK, but if you are calling Disciple OP because it can do more than 5 melee damage...

That seems wrong.

teddytazer

Soulsand
They arent op cause they can do more damage with a stick then a warrior with an iron sword or a dreadknight with a diamond axe. Its that melee power combined with forcepull/push. Most classes take falling damage and if u ever fought disciple they usually just push/pull you around. and in most cases the fall usually damages u for alot of damage if it doesnt just kill u outright. Now combine these abilities with the melee damage. Healers are supposed to be support classes not solo-pwnmobiles. And I've seen disciples kill whole shit ton of people solo without breaking a sweat.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Disciples are very deadly in the fact that they can do a simple combo of iron fist + forcepush/pull. While you have taken damage and are now pushed away from them they can easily heal themselves and prepare for you to charge them again (in the case of a warrior/rogue). As for casters you can't get away because of the long range on forcepull and your low health. So disciples aren't much of a support class at all.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Guys you still don't seem to understand Disciples are VERY mana instensive when it comes to using up spells in a 1v1 say with any warrior spec and if your worried about fall damage get the advantage over the disciple lure them to flat land don't run after them up a mountain.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Even on flat land they can win pretty easily. All they have to do is a simple combo of iron fist + forcepull/push. While you are further away from them trying to charge back, they have time to heal and prepare for you again. And basically from there you can't get away because of forcepull.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Look you all complain about disciples and that is purely because your stupid (no joke) We kite your asses like hell and your stupid enough to happily follow. and btw forcepull is currently a lil buggy when we pull you you can easily switch directions and run.
Also you are unaware of ways to survive force pushes for example cast timers or plan where your about to run to.
Also the complaints about elevated land, are you all genuinely that idiotic to follow a disciple up a hill? or if your alredy up a hill then i suggest you use the cast timer method or even get down asap its your choice, just all stop complaining about OP when disciples actually die quite easily now as also our stamina screws us over as we cannot just simply forcepush and pull the entire time spartan as you will notice we are unable to run, theres your oppurtunity to strike on a disciple when they are unable to run and kite you.
Plan ahead.

If I had a knockback II sword and was a warrior I'd win in a cliff fight, that argument should no longer be a valid point.

Also, where the hell are these cliff scenarios coming from? When have you ever fought on a hill? Let alone be stupid enough to fight a disciple on a hill, OR ANYONE for that matter?!

No matter what I say, you're going to disagree with me, however. SMART PLAYERS, PICK DISCIPLE.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
SMART PLAYERS, PICK DISCIPLE.

So basically your saying that you know that it is overpowered and you were "Smart" to pick it as a class. Anyone else who picks any other class is "Dumb" because disciple is SO MUCH BETTER.

Your really not helping your argument.

The one other thing that bothers me is that a disciple can pvp with ZERO risk in loosing any items. As a Dragoon I'm next to useless without my diamond spade and armour. Going out and risking around 100c worth of equipment isn't very appealing, when some people can go out kill stuff with next to nothing. If anything just make them use something with value, much like the bards and their jukeboxes. I don't care if they are smacking people with a gold bar, just have some sort of risk involved.

I think there fairly balanced I killed a disciple
Who was the same lvl as me and im a paladin so if you die from one that is your own fault.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Have any of you fought a disciple in an enclosed/obstructed area? And want to know how to defeat a disciple? Get them in a place where they have a hard time moving you around, and mana starve them. They are completely reliant on mana in order to put out the damage/survivability they can. Health pots were way OP in a disciple vs x fight due to the fact that by the time both sides have uses a health potion, disciple is out of mana. Regardless, I feel like disciples are the epitome of risk vs reward. If you are skillfull an careful of where/how you fight, you are a hard force to take down. If you suck (or are unlucky enough to get found in a cave), well, you get crushed. An believe me, I've taken down many bad disciples as samurai/dragoon/thief/younameit

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Alright sluts. I'm a support class and I've killed a few disciples in a 1v1. Learn to play your class and you're fine. samurai>disciple>thief. You're not always going to win. If I verse a half decent ninja, I get raped. Likewise, if I verse a half decent geomancer I usually rape. ALL CLASSES HAVE WEAKNESSES. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE CLASSES YOUR CLASS IS WEAK AGAINST THEN FUCKING RESPEC AND STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT.