• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

NeoGriim's Ban Appeal

NeoGriim

Legacy Supporter 3
IGN:NeoGriim
Banned by?: Xanipher?
Time of ban: June 24th 2011
Reason for ban: "xray"
Your story: Um... in my storehouse putting some materials away and I start taking damage randomly so I'm running around like "wtf?" and trying to heal through it but it's not going away then it says I got killed by Xanipher with a lit furnace, and I get disconnected with it saying "Banned!"

I griefed one thing by accident and I went through the trouble of smelting up some cobblestone and replacing the block and then I went home to fix my inventory... I didn't get a warning or anything.

UPDATE: I talked to Xan and they explained that I was banned because I broke into D101's chest room. What happened was I was digging trying to level my rogue up and was getting board with just finding iron and coal so I started digging down deeper after finding enough iron to make a couple picks if I needed them. What happened was I accidentally ran into D101's chest room. With them being my allies of course I didn't want them to think I broke in to steal so I dropped down and smelted a cobblestone block so that I could make smoothstone and patch up the hole. Again, with us being allies, I took the train connecting our towns together back home and places the stuff I had mined in a chest, before, of course, I was banned with my hidden door wide opened. :(

EDIT: Well, the trick is that if you go into a straight line you're not going to find much, I used to dig strip mines and only find maybe a stack of gold and 10 diamonds off of a coverage of probably 500-1000 blocks and it was sooo boring. So I decided after talking to a buddy of mine that mining randomly while watching your depth is a much quicker way to get ores because you'll find more ores going diagonally than you will find by going on a straight x or z line. Plus, it's not as boring it's like playing spin the bottle cept i really don't spin around I just kind pick a direction and go.

Anyway, why ban me for having a good technique? I mean yeah, I can see how digging right into D101 is suspicious but like I said, i knew you were watching me so if I was trying to raid the place don't you think I would have avoided it, marked it on my map and come back later? Or even if I didn't know, wouldn't have taken more items from the chests than just bones and even replaced the ceiling?

I don't think I deserve even a 3 day ban for having a good way to dig, I mean, I understand that if you were watching me dig randomly and find only gold, then that'd be suspicious but it's just coal and iron... If I had xray don't you think I'd just get the gold and then go back and buy the iron if I needed it? Or if you think I'm trying to level with it, wouldn't I be hunting down diamonds instead? >.> I'm sorry I'm just a little upset due to the fact I just got banned for mining in minecraft and that's all. Mining in strip mines or looking for caves that by this point in the game are mostly all mined out is just boring.

Please, I ask you to reconsider, try it yourself, no xray (I know brutal has xray) and mine in random directions, you'll find a lot more items than you would if you were mining straight ahead. Find a patch of coal or whatever and then choose a different direction, if you mine 10-20 blocks while finding nothing, dig down deeper. When you're too low, start digging up instead (Around 12y). Then when you're up to the 20's go down again and keep switching directions every time you find something. Trust me, you won't be so suspicious after trying my method. So try it out and get back to me, but I think 3 days is too long for a donor who's put so much time into the server to be banned.

Which is another thing, if you banned me because I had a lot of gold recently cashed into the DHX I have two reasons for that. A) Some of that is from my town citizens B) Some of it is from shops I set up at the corners of Zeal and just took off because people can just sell it to DHX now and C) a lot of it is saved up from when I left the Arcane university almost a week ago (if not a week ago) and decided to stop cashing it in for 6c because I should be able to get more, which I am now.

Finally, mining without torches. I know that this is only a minor suspicion and you won't ban someone for it, but like I've said, my monitor is a 3d Monitor which is extra bright to begin with (because the glasses are dark) and I also have the brightness turned up a bit so I don't have to deal with torches because I like to just keep going and going like the energizer bunny. I think it's reasonable to say you basically just banned me for 3 days for mining coal in a coal dense area.

EDIT#2: I was writing down a step by step to what I was doing in the video but my chrome crashed so I'm just gonna do the parts that look suspicious from an admin point of view.

Most of what I mine are not 2 blocks in the wall, they're actually on the wall, but because it's dark you can't see it in the video. I don't know if you were swayed by that, however it's a note to make. Everything I mine until at least 8:00 I see on the wall where I'm digging.

At the begining while I'm digging around, that's how I dig. The video starts with me discovering 2 coal deposits behind a weird, fully burried cobble wall, I only found them because I was investigating it. After these are mined I go straight, and down a bit, because that's how I mine, I go from the last place I was mining and pick a random direction. Realizing I was only after coal I decided to stay above y 32 and dig straight, after about 10 blocks (I don't count I just randomly decide to switch direction) I go back a couple of blocks and dig straight, hitting dirt. When I hit dirt,because I'm a rogue and stone shovels suck, I go around the dirt, following it along finding another vein of coal and eventually the cavern.

Like I said, everything in the cavern was on the wall, there's nothing I dig 2 or 3 blocks into to get like you say I do.

I'm looking around because I know Xan is there in the cave with me (though I didn't know it was Xan, I just knew someone was there) You even see me swing my sword around a couple of times because I'm hoping Xan doesn't have a god mode on and I may be able to confirm that someone's there. Obviously it didn't work. Anyway after I smelt the iron I picked up along the way and in the cave so I can fix my broken picks I go off and once again everything I mine until I decide to leave the cavern is on the wall. You can even see the coal that's on the floor behind me as I dig that first one when I spin around and go to the coal I missed really fast. *We're around 8:30 in the video for that.

Next I go back to the furnaces to smelt the new iron I got along with getting the rest and making a couple more picks, alt tabbing for a second on the way there. Then I considered how fast I'm walking through the cave and figured I'm still being followed so I turn around real quick which I guess surprised Xan cause they did a quick double take and stepped back a bit. :p I thought it was pretty funny watching that part. lol.

BTW I can confirm I knew I was being followed because at one point you can see in the chat box that in local chat I say zzzzz while waiting for iron to smelt. That's at 7:15. I figured if I was being followed I may as well be entertaining.

Anyway at this point, after I turn around to scare Xan I decide I'm bored with the cave and decide to leave where I just happen to find coal right outside the wall, figuring "well hm... maybe there's more along the cave, I go back only to find the entrance I came in at. So I decide that I'm done with coal it's time for some gold or diamonds or something while I can still mine a stack now that I emptied the iron and dig in the first hole I see. I stop and look around cause it's still a bit dark for me and make sure of where all the coal is so I don't miss any, then proceed to dig down to where the gold layer is. I make a spiral staircase and still want to go down further but knowing that mining a small strip down doesn't get much gold I decide to keep mining a staircase downward. Xan bumps me again, I look around, and then continue figuring there's nothing I can do about it which is where I find Texteo's house. He's a good ally with our town, not realizing this was his house at first i look through the chests. I only took bones because I like to grow flowers, then I smelt the cobble I have so I can repair the hole I made. Now, when I leave I realize that it's texteo's house and remember we have a train track going from his house to our town. I go to look for it, exploring a little bit more cause I didn't get a good look the first time I was here, finish up the smelting in the process, and while I wait I look around the rest of his chests out of curiosity. I didn't take much and everything I took I'd tell him I did, that was my plan. Anyway, I rode back on the tracks to my town, which if Xan recorded further you'd see the tracks go right to my town where I get off, head into my storage house and place my findings in chests.

Please, I know this is wrong, but read it, look for the things I mention. Obviously I know Xan is there or at least suspect that they are, so tell me, do you really think I'd be dumb enough to use xray after knowing the signs of an invisible mod arriving to follow me?

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
After discussing at length with staff and reviewing the cave system and video, we've decided to hand you a 3 day ban due to the suspicious nature of how you were going to the minerals so directly.

Thanks for waiting!