• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Neo-Nazism and you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings fellow Herocrafters,

For those of you who are illiterate, there is a TL;DR near the end of this post.

Firstly, please excuse me for using this anonymous account to say this, but it is a rather delicate matter and I'd prefer that any ingame affiliations such as township/donor status/alliance etc. are not considered as a motivation to point this out, and especially not used as a red herring to distract from the argument being made.

Having said that, this post does however target one potential town in particular: New Dresden and it's proposed alliance titled SSS.

While I am all for freedom of expression, New Dresden and it's leaders seem to be taking a dangerously close stance to Neo-Nazism.

Take for example, their town logo:
38129236.png
While it may not seem perfectly innocent from the start, a little bit of research will lead one to find out that the "SSS" depicted within, along with it's motto "rebels against the god" is from a Japanese anime called Angel Beats and their logo design is in fact lifted from this fan website. But don't be fooled by the cute-sey, big eyed anime characters from the show, this logo, although maybe not intentionally, still remarkably resembles that of the Schutzstaffel, also known as the SS (Hitler's secret Service).
324px-Flag_Schutzstaffel.svg.png

While of course this is only circumstantial evidence, it does seem to paint a bigger picture when one considers the rest of New Dresden's application.
Dresden itself is a City in Germany, and one that was bombed heavily by the Allies during WWII. While the application does state that
Town Name: New Dresden - might be changed
the town name might be changed to something else, and one could argue that Dresden has been chosen as a name because it is a beautiful city with good architecture or that it is simply a nationalistic choice to honor one's country, the fact they they chose the wording "New" does imply something a little more provocative.

But lets move onto the really offensive part of the material, the town's rules:
How we operate:

1) Be as evil as you can without breaking the server rules. Lie, backstab, camp, steal, rape and pillage, whatever, I don't even care as long as you don't get us rolled back or banned. Swastikas
are fine though IIRC.

10) Participate in construction ops as well. We always need more Lebensraum.
In the above quote, rules 2 through 8 have been edited out for purposes of being succinct, and as "evil" as they may be, they are not relevant to the point being made here, but one can still view them in the original post.

Now lets disregard all the promotion of rape and backstabbing etc. and just look at that first sentence I have highlighted: Swastikas are fine though if I recall correctly.
This speaks loudly and clearly for itself. It shows support and propagates the use of the official emblem of the Nazi party:
200px-Nazi_Swastika.svg.png

If that's not bad enough, the application courteously ends by declaring Lebensraum, which was one of the major political ideas of Adolf Hitler, and an important component of Nazi ideology.

I don't think I need to mention why Neo-Nazism is harmful and hateful or that it is banned on most online games including other Minecraft Servers. If you don't know why, or think that swastika's are cool and not offensive, please educate yourself before practicing a doctrine that is extremely offensive to most if not all human beings.

In summation, I as a morally driven person, cannot just sit by and let some Neo-Nazi's parade around on the server. I ask that the Administrators of please address that issue and disallow any continuation of such behavior. And if this does not happen, I then urge the players of the community to band together and do all that they can to prevent this town from gaining any ground on the server.

IF for some impossible reason this has all been a misunderstanding, and the people supporting New Dresden have unknowingly been supporting this, I ask that they discontinue their support and apologize for any offense or harm they've caused due to their ignorance in the matter.

TL;DR : New Dresden are Nazi supporters and must be stopped.

An evil town is welcome; a bigoted one is not.

lucky644

Legacy Supporter 4
You realize, of course, that you are not anonymous to those of which you are addressing, the administrators.

R3xz

Glowstone
I think he/she just want to be anonymous with the community.

And i did noticed all the German signs at the tower, Weynard did said that his group were Germans, but i didn't realized about their intention.

You realize, of course, that you are not anonymous to those of which you are addressing, the administrators.

Of course. The Admins can easily cross check my IP, but I am hoping they will respect my wish to remain anonymous. I have already contacted a Staff member in confidence and informed them of this post and of my IGN.

A

Alente1

An anonymous account only makes us more curious to see who you really are...​

Hi there.​

Leucid

Legacy Supporter 3
Thank you! I'm glad someone said at least something about this, anonymous or not.

Evil is ok, nazism is senseless dumbassery!

And shame on the admins for allowing this!

Swastikas? Really!?!?!

I appreciate the work that everyone has put in to making Herocraft, but this blatant support of REAL LIFE GENOCIDE cannot be allowed to continue!

This is bigger than a stupid game. C'mon admins!

And I am not afraid to use my real account; I stand by my beliefs.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Personally, I see nothing wrong with what they're doing. It's pretty blatantly obvious that it's intended to be humorous. You also automatically accuse them of being Neo-Nazi's, even though you have nothing to support your claim. Just because they decide to make an EVIL town that has some references to Nazis, doesn't mean that they actually support them.

And I don't see why you're getting so worked up about the Swastikas. They've been used for thousands of years.

Does it offend you when you see Swastikas in WW2 video games as well?

R3xz

Glowstone
So, what IS the purpose of referencing a town to Nazis? Lol

I don't think it's wise to pass an assumption that Nazism is a joke. This ain't god damn crap lol.

Azuru

Wood
Really nice people.. judging so fast about something... just because someone had to much sparetime and know to use google and wiki...

You all see lucky644's Avatar? What about it?
Its a nazi greeting!!! So he is evil and need to be banned too?

IF for some impossible reason this has all been a misunderstanding, and the people supporting New Dresden have unknowingly been supporting this, I ask that they discontinue their support and apologize for any offense or harm they've caused due to their ignorance in the matter.

What harm did any of the "townmember" do to the people on the server?
I didnt know about "Swastikas". The german word is different.
And "Lebensraum" or englisch "living space" just support the agressive stance from that "town".
I dont know anyone from the server in RL, i dont care what you all do in RL... maybe someone is a serial killer xD or even worse.. a politician.. xD i just want to hang out and play with other people... and thats all what they did.

Yes neo nazism is bad, but speak with the people before judge about them -.-
or get your forks and torches and hunt them like in the good old times... ?

Im not a "townmember" and i was never in dresden xD
but i am a german.. should i feel insulted as a german by your thread?
all germans are racists and nazis? what about your country and people? no one made mistakes and all are innocent?

The argument with "new dresden" is btw silly

aah and your anonoumus name.. "IngloriousBasterd" itsnt it the movie about killing german? xD nice choice!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Honestly - I could give two shits less. I don't have the time or energy to be a fascist and tell people what they can or cannot believe in. I myself personally don't believe in that.

If I cant see it from an overhead view of a map - to me, it hardly exists.

Please do not go on the internet if you get offended by any of the images posted above.

YOU WILL BE OFFENDED - A LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.