• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necromancer's HellGate

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I probably should have figured this out before, but Necro's HellGate is utterly overpriced. 6 EnderPearls to get to the Nether once, and a RuneSmith can make runes to get there constantly, for way cheaper?
I dunno, maybe my math is off, but I haven't had a single person ask me for a port to the Nether in ages, when I used to get one or more a day.

I think the reagent for HellGate should be lowered, to where it's at least even with a Runestone.
(Granted I understand HellGate can take groups, and Runestones cannot, but you can make Runestones so easily. Even as a Necromancer myself, it's cheaper for me to take a Runestone!)

@Yavool
@Sirdemonic3
@EnLight707
(Cant think of any other past/present Necromancers)

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I think hellgate should keep the reagent cost but runesmiths should not be able to make runestones in the Nether. It used to be expensive to go to the nether.

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
i think it should have no reagent... except one random group member is sacrificed to cthulu as payment.
i cant say this enough times to possibly justify how much this there is to be said so i wont try, except it should just kill @Delfofthebla every time its used and he is on just for the lols.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I hadn't much thought about its cost before yesterday, when it took me many hours to get 6 ender pearls for my first trip to the Nether from Shrine. I will have to wait to make my second until I can gather more pearls!

If we look at other teleport functions in the game from an average cost perspective:

Wizard TP to Spawn: 10-20s/trip - (15s/trip average)
2 Charge runestone to specific location 35s - (17.5s/trip average)
8 Charge runestone to specific location 95s - (11.875s/trip average)
Necro trip to the Nether based on 5s/ender pearl (though I personally sell them at 10s/ea) - (40-50s/trip average)

From an average perspective alone, a Necro trip to the Nether is much greater than the other teleportations based on average cost and a modest fee for the TP.

Nether trips are generally for two purposes: XP and item accrual. Since the crackdown on bunker mob farming, the nether trips have fallen off considerably; I rarely see requests for Necros to Hellgate. That being said, a secondary reason for that may also be the cheap cost of runestones...why go through all the trouble to procure a Necromancer when the average TP cost is 30-50s and I can get a rune for cheaper?

If we look at the bigger picture, it would be a Kainzo decision as to how involved we want our HC community in the Nether. If we want increased Nether traffic as part of a well-rounded HC experience, then I say that the price of Hellgate should be cut in half; if we want the Nether to be more difficult to get to, then I say we would need to increase the minimum costs of 2 charge runestones. If the flow of traffic is as it is desired, then no chance would be the way to go.

In my personal opinion, I like having a reagant for Hellgate and would keep it. I would suggest going to a 3 ender pearl cost with the return trip being 3 pearls as well. I am unsure if the bug that was not allowing party members to be teleported from the Nether via Hellgate has been fixed, but a 6 pearl round trip seems reasonable, and competitive in price versus other methods of teleportation. A saavy Necromancer could charge 1 ender pearl per person and make a profit for any teleportation above 3. I have seen a couple Wizards actually charge a single ender pearl for their teleport cost to Spawn. I can only imagine the purpose of this is to make their ability to pay for Hellgate trips easier.

Good topic; thanks for the tag :)

-yav

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I would suggest going to a 3 ender pearl cost with the return trip being 3 pearls as well.
There is recall, and there should always be recall. If not, people will be stuck in the Nether more often, which I don't believe was desired. But I agree with there being a reagent, but like Wizard, it should be one ender pearl.

However! I think it would be better to keep the price as is, and make it so RuneSmiths cannot make a Rune to the Nether. Only Necromancers should have access, and to get to hell you have to make a deal with one!
Isn't that more fun? ;o

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
There is recall, and there should always be recall. If not, people will be stuck in the Nether more often, which I don't believe was desired. But I agree with there being a reagent, but like Wizard, it should be one ender pearl.

However! I think it would be better to keep the price as is, and make it so RuneSmiths cannot make a Rune to the Nether. Only Necromancers should have access, and to get to hell you have to make a deal with one!
Isn't that more fun? ;o

If we take a look at the exact language of the wiki:

You teleport yourself and your party within 10 blocks to the nether. You use the same skill to teleport your nearby party members back to the main world. Takes 10 seconds to warm up.
Necros need to be able to port a party back (in addition to an individual being able to recall).

The spell description of the in-game Necro /skills says
You teleport your party to or from the Nether

So hopefully it is functioning now (I haven't tested it since last time there was a slew of HC peeps that got trapped in the Nether about 5-6 weeks back).

I don't mind runestones having a purpose, and I think that a Necro-only gateway is probably a little too stringent, but I see how it might add a little bit more value to a pretty weak class overall (in my opinion). Probably a better way to help Necros in general would be to buff their damage, add an escape, or remove many of their warmups (which makes it basically GG against pretty much any melee class with the Necro losing), but I'm getting off-topic. ;)

I am also unsure if it is true that only Necro Runesmiths can make runes to the Nether, or if a Runesmith just needs to get to the Nether somehow. By making it so that only a Necromancer Runesmith can make Nether runes, it would help to keep it more specific, or at least make it more challenging for a Runesmith to create Nether runes.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I am also unsure if it is true that only Necro Runesmiths can make runes to the Nether, or if a Runesmith just needs to get to the Nether somehow.
Any RuneSmith can, so long as they get the initial port.

Also, speaking of under powered Necro, don't get me started on how worthless FeignDeath is, And Drainsoul is a underpowered, but whaaaat ever, we're here for HellGate XD

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
The cost they put a cost on hellgate was supposed to be expensive. It used to be kind of expensive to go the Nether especially if you didn't have a necro friend. This made glow stone rare and not everyone went to the nether because a port costed around the same as a stack glow stone blocks. I don't think people were thinking of the nether when runestones were implemented.

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
I am a Necro and would like to see access to the nether restricted to Necro's. The cost of Hellgate was set very high. The addition of runesmith has created an imbalance in the original idea of a nether that is difficult to obtain access to. If we are to live in a world where trips to the nether are common place, a reduced the cost for necros seems to be in order.

While we are at it let's spawn a lot of endermen in the nether to increase the number of enderpearls in the world.