• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion N00B City!

Corriban

Coal
Let me say this: players who come here without much knowledge are bound to leave. People will more often get frustraed in games if they can't even build a house. That's where N00B City comes in hand. N00B City would be a place new players could go to build themself a home and level up without the threat of high leveled players who kill anyone. Along with safety, this could also be a place where you could post actions. I find myself asking every once in a while what I have to do to do something. Finally, I would like to point out my earlier statement on players giving up if they can't do much. If new players or low leveled players(Below level 10) can have a giant safety sanctuarie, then everyone can live peacefully. Overall, I would propose this as a way to keep players here while still letting players enjoy the diverse location and concept of Herocraft.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
All the veteraned players and high levels was once low level Newbs. However look at us now, high leveled and often mastered more then one class. You just need to take the right decisions. Rather then having this Noob-town, join a playermade town. Joining a town will make your items safe if you secure your house against raiders. While living in a town, travel out and mine to level 10 Crafter. Then set a Mark inside your home with /skill mark. Now you can recall to your house, however it costs 10 redstone to use Recall. To spec your class, try to group up with some friends or town members and do Mob Arena. If you get a healer, tank and AoE in your MA group, chances are you will do great. Mob Arena is the quickest way to level up if you find a good team. However, it costs 1 diamond per Mob Arena use.

The Noob-town idea is good, but it doesn't really fit with the Herocraft concept.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
I honestly think we should have a level restricted MA, for players under level 30.

EDIT: Go agree on my actual post for this idea!

Corriban

Coal
This is that essentially. I know the concept of Herocraft goes against this, but No where have i seen any signs saying howto have private chats and stuff like that.

shrimpy77

Glowstone
I remember being a noob, ugly cobble town getting raided 24/7.... Oh the great memories you high-lvled people have left me with :D.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
When I was a noob people respected one another, so I never had that issue :cool:

Sanctum FTW
I remember being a newb in the middle of Zeal. I camped in a dirt hut outside the town Camelot for 3 days, then I was accepted to move in. I had an easy time as newb, I even participated at North Road battles as a level 44 Caster. Unspecced classes was more powerful in zeal and I could easily kill specced people if I aimed my balls of fire right xD Fireball took 30 mana in Zeal :/

Aanokint

Obsidian
This is that essentially. I know the concept of Herocraft goes against this, but No where have i seen any signs saying howto have private chats and stuff like that.
That's where the wiki/forums come in. Why crowd the beautiful streets/rooms of DragonGarde with ugly signs? Signs simply repeating information already available on a site the user has already been to(or linked if they applied on MCF).

MajorasMask

Ungodly
This guy has a good point! I remember when I first joined the server in Sanctum, is was roughly half way through the map. Most high-donor players and the rich people all had their own houses, their own stores of diamonds, their own plot at spawn.

I wouldn't have survived without any help, people were too strong and I didn't know where to go. However, Brutalacerate let me join his town! :) It wasn't a noob town, but it was still good. The rules were simple, and they taught me the ways of the server, how people act, who to kill, ect ect.

They were not supreme PvPers either, but I did go on a raid with them once or twice! ;)

Overal, joining a town really did help. I still think, a lot of new players need to join a town, to learn the ropes, before they go and make their own. Or maybe even multiple towns to find different opinions on things. There are plenty of hints and tips which are given; that state it is better for players to join a town. Other than that, there is not much else we can do.

I think a ''Noob'' city could work, but it would need people who are willing to help others to join and run it. This begs the question, would a noob city get more support from the server? Or would it be player-run only?

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Personally, I don't think a noob city would fit into the server. It just isn't hardcore enough, and if you put an arbitary limit on where you're a 'noob' and where you're not, people would become almost reluctant to spec and leave their easy safety. Why would you come and join other towns before level 30 when you could live in absolute safety until you're absolutely loaded with gear?

I've drawn friends from real life and from other games into Herocraft over my time in late Sanctum and throughout Zeal, and although the Sanctum transfers were easier because of the little hostility on the roads, the Herogates and the sheer amount of space available in most towns, the Zeal transfers, while violent and difficult, were a great introduction into the 'real' world of Herocraft. As soon as they join a town, they have protection, and if anything, the violence encourages newcomers to join towns rather than wait until they're spec'd to do so.

While it's a good idea, and I love people who look out for the newbies - A noob city just wouldn't work out, in my eyes.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
That's where the wiki/forums come in. Why crowd the beautiful streets/rooms of DragonGarde with ugly signs? Signs simply repeating information already available on a site the user has already been to(or linked if they applied on MCF).

This is a really good point in my opinion.

Personally, I don't think a noob city would fit into the server. It just isn't hardcore enough, and if you put an arbitary limit on where you're a 'noob' and where you're not, people would become almost reluctant to spec and leave their easy safety. Why would you come and join other towns before level 30 when you could live in absolute safety until you're absolutely loaded with gear?

I've drawn friends from real life and from other games into Herocraft over my time in late Sanctum and throughout Zeal, and although the Sanctum transfers were easier because of the little hostility on the roads, the Herogates and the sheer amount of space available in most towns, the Zeal transfers, while violent and difficult, were a great introduction into the 'real' world of Herocraft. As soon as they join a town, they have protection, and if anything, the violence encourages newcomers to join towns rather than wait until they're spec'd to do so.

While it's a good idea, and I love people who look out for the newbies - A noob city just wouldn't work out, in my eyes.

And yes, this does not fit in with the'Herocraft way' if you know what I mean.