• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Mythic Mobs

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
Mythic Mobs are really buggy, and it's not fun to pvp against them.

• Skills such as fireball do not work.
  • They do not despawn - causing there to be a large number at spawn
  • They are not interesting - skills are predictable, and not fun to play against. (Bleed on every skill, really?)
  • You cannot knock them back
  • Most players are ignoring them - causing rage/increased spawning
While I understand that they were implemented with the intention to prevent illegal leveling, imo it's upto the mods to counter this. If it's a serious problem we need more "mods not mobs"

My suggestions

• Nerf 'minions' - or make them more interesting (Begins to use /skill firespin) ect so they are a challenging solo/threat.
  • Fix bugs like fireball, spawning rates, despawn, kockback? , teleport bugs (they can teleport right behind you and kill you)
  • Drop the rate on skills so they only use it every so often, not on every time you use a skill.

For Bosses
  • Designated dungeons for bosses - these should be designed for 3+ players.
  • Interesting skills / theme - dwarf king, pig zombie necromancer (these are on test, and could be implemented)
This possible @Kainzo

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

• They are not interesting - skills are predictable, and not fun to play against. (Bleed on every skill, really?)
While I understand that they were implemented with the intention to prevent illegal leveling, imo it's upto the mods to counter this. If it's a serious problem we need more "mods not mobs"

My suggestions

• Nerf 'minions' - or make them more interesting (Begins to use /skill firespin) ect so they are a challenging solo/threat.
  • Fix bugs like fireball, spawning rates, despawn, kockback? , teleport bugs (they can teleport right behind you and kill you)
  • Drop the rate on skills so they only use it every so often, not on every time you use a skill.

For Bosses
  • Interesting skills / theme - dwarf king, pig zombie necromancer (these are on test, and could be implemented)
This possible @Kainzo
Making some of these changes as soon as I can. Also - players dont "PVP" against mobs. Its PVE.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

My suggestions

For Bosses
This possible @Kainzo
Here are some cool suggestions

NERFS
~Fireball doesn't do damage as they can't burn in day... this can be removed
~They actually Do despawn... they just respawn back as they don't burn in sunlight
~ AKA We should really remove fire resistance at least for the minions...
~I agree the knockback should be there... but very minimal, so .5 of normal knockback so they can't just be repeatably hit
~Teleport should be slightly less... but I think it adds fun :D
~The Bleed should be smaller and less frequent and be limited to when you hit the mob directly or it hits you.
~ The "Undead Hero's" Skill Fullheal will be renamed "Sacred Touch" as not to confuse people it actually full heals when it actually is just a 1/4th heal.

BUFFS
~ Make it so the player has to be within a certain amount of blocks to deal damage, as some of the ranged classes can take em out this way, make it so peeps have to be within range of these "Bosses"
~ Add a Healing system for when a mob leaves combat, as to not allow the person to heal constantly and defeat bosses for loot
~ Add Loot :D

I think that for now, the bosses should beable to roam freely, and that Really big and rewarding bosses can be added in a Dungeon patch :p

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I think it will be fine if
  • Bleed occurs only when the mob hits you
  • More exp/drops are added
  • Less spawn per area
  • Fire and knock back affects the mobs
  • The mobs are unable to attack until 1 second has passed after the teleport.

So basically what mala said

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter

NERFS
~They actually Do despawn... they just respawn back as they don't burn in sunlight
~I agree the knockback should be there... but very minimal, so .5 of normal knockback so they can't just be repeatably hit
~The Bleed should be smaller and less frequent and be limited to when you hit the mob directly or it hits you.
~ The "Undead Hero's" Skill Fullheal will be renamed "Sacred Touch" as not to confuse people it actually full heals when it actually is just a 1/4th heal.

BUFFS
~ Make it so the player has to be within a certain amount of blocks to deal damage, as some of the ranged classes can take em out this way, make it so peeps have to be within range of these "Bosses"
~ Add a Healing system for when a mob leaves combat, as to not allow the person to heal constantly and defeat bosses for loot

I think that for now, the bosses should beable to roam freely, and that Really big and rewarding bosses can be added in a Dungeon patch :p
What about rangers? Rangers are ranged attackers and don't use melee as much so the block buff doesn't name sense for rangers or other ranged attackers.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

NERFS

BUFFS

We shouldn't be trying to equalize the abilities of classes to fight the mobs. Rangers should be able to kill the mobs from a distance without any consequences. Players with good "left-click" abilities shouldn't suffer damage from bleeds when the mob doesn't even hit you. I also consider walking away and healing fine, since not all players can level with a group.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
We shouldn't be trying to equalize the abilities of classes to fight the mobs. Rangers should be able to kill the mobs from a distance without any consequences. Players with good "left-click" abilities shouldn't suffer damage from bleeds when the mob doesn't even hit you. I also consider walking away and healing fine, since not all players can level with a group.
Agreed but they aren't thinking about other classes they only care about the ones they have mattered IE cleric and since cleric can every class can

Nukadokuu

Gold
I'm taking 70 damage almost every time I hit them, which means what's the point of even being a ranged class? Granted I'm pretty low level, but even before I switched from being a max Bloodmage to a Ranger I wouldn't want to mess with these things. One isn't that bad, but they spawn so often I find myself sitting in a small hut surrounded by 5+ of them before a single night is over. The only difference I've noticed between Minions and Bosses is the 500hp. I personally feel that having these around is forcing me to try and find loopholes in the rules to level up. I cannot fight these things on any sort of even ground. A single arrow can cost me 70hp and have them right behind me for more damage, and that's assuming there aren't more of either them or regular mobs. Taking a bleed for shooting them with an arrow from 20+ blocks away is crap. I would be fine if they threw fireballs at me, I'd love that, that would make more sense, and would make it fun. Simply having a Thorns enchant more or less doesn't make these things interesting all, just annoying. I'd love to encounter one in a group of mobs with a team of prepared players, but having them pop up randomly as frequent as they do is simply painful. Right now, all these things are doing is making it impossible to level up.

And all this is on PvE, I don't even want to imagine adding PvP into the mix with these things around.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I'm taking 70 damage almost every time I hit them, which means what's the point of even being a ranged class? Granted I'm pretty low level, but even before I switched from being a max Bloodmage to a Ranger I wouldn't want to mess with these things. One isn't that bad, but they spawn so often I find myself sitting in a small hut surrounded by 5+ of them before a single night is over. The only difference I've noticed between Minions and Bosses is the 500hp. I personally feel that having these around is forcing me to try and find loopholes in the rules to level up. I cannot fight these things on any sort of even ground. A single arrow can cost me 70hp and have them right behind me for more damage, and that's assuming there aren't more of either them or regular mobs. Taking a bleed for shooting them with an arrow from 20+ blocks away is crap. I would be fine if they threw fireballs at me, I'd love that, that would make more sense, and would make it fun. Simply having a Thorns enchant more or less doesn't make these things interesting all, just annoying. I'd love to encounter one in a group of mobs with a team of prepared players, but having them pop up randomly as frequent as they do is simply painful. Right now, all these things are doing is making it impossible to level up.

And all this is on PvE, I don't even want to imagine adding PvP into the mix with these things around.
These mobs were to stop illegal leveling and yet they make more people want to level illegally since they are broken op and you have to be a cleric to kill them. GG.it would be nice if they were hotfixed out since they are not good for the server right now, once there is more testing done, sure bring them back. @devotedworker

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
The bosses' bleed dmg or how frequent it is need to be reduced. Right now pretty much the bleed damage of the bosses are the only complaints I've been seeing from new players. This should be fixed as quickly as possible

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The bosses' bleed dmg or how frequent it is need to be reduced. Right now pretty much the bleed damage of the bosses are the only complaints I've been seeing from new players. This should be fixed as quickly as possible
Below is the config for SpiderKing - we'll need to adjust it. Looks like skill Bleed ~onDamaged >0 0.5 happens.

Code:
SpiderKing:
  Mobtype: spider
  Display: '&6Spider King'
  Health: 3000
  Damage: 70
  Skills:
  - skill Teleport >0 0.1
  - skill Bleed ~onDamaged >0 0.5
  - skill Bash >0 0.03
  - skill RallySpiders >0 0.02
  Drops:
  - heroesexp 227 1 
  Equipment:
  - PumpkinHat:4 
  Options:
    PreventOtherDrops: true
    KnockbackResistance: 0.85
  DamageModifiers:
  - DROWNING 0
  - LAVA 0
  - FIRE_TICK 0
  - SUFFOCATION 0
  - DROWNING 0
  - PROJECTILE 0.75
  - MAGIC 0
  - ENTITY_ATTACK: 1.25
  AIGoalSelectors:
  - 0 clear
  - 1 meleeattack
  AITargetSelectors:
  - 0 clear
  - 1 hurtbytarget
  - 2 players
  LevelModifiers:
    Health: 20
    Damage: 10

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Below is the config for SpiderKing - we'll need to adjust it. Looks like skill Bleed ~onDamaged >0 0.5 happens.

Code:
SpiderKing:
  Mobtype: spider
  Display: '&6Spider King'
  Health: 3000
  Damage: 70
  Skills:
  - skill Teleport >0 0.1
  - skill Bleed ~onDamaged >0 0.5
  - skill Bash >0 0.03
  - skill RallySpiders >0 0.02
  Drops:
  - heroesexp 227 1
  Equipment:
  - PumpkinHat:4
  Options:
    PreventOtherDrops: true
    KnockbackResistance: 0.85
  DamageModifiers:
  - DROWNING 0
  - LAVA 0
  - FIRE_TICK 0
  - SUFFOCATION 0
  - DROWNING 0
  - PROJECTILE 0.75
  - MAGIC 0
  - ENTITY_ATTACK: 1.25
  AIGoalSelectors:
  - 0 clear
  - 1 meleeattack
  AITargetSelectors:
  - 0 clear
  - 1 hurtbytarget
  - 2 players
  LevelModifiers:
    Health: 20
    Damage: 10
So…I'm not too good with configs, but from this I assume that Bleed has a chance of applying when the mob is damaged at 50% chance right?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
So…I'm not too good with configs, but from this I assume that Bleed has a chance of applying when the mob is damaged at 50% chance right?
Bleed ~onDamaged >0 0.5
Means:
  • Use the skill named Bleed;
  • When they take damage, if;
  • They have more than 0 HP;
  • With a 50% chance of it procing per hit.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
These mobs were to stop illegal leveling and yet they make more people want to level illegally since they are broken op and you have to be a cleric to kill them. GG.it would be nice if they were hotfixed out since they are not good for the server right now, once there is more testing done, sure bring them back. @devotedworker

(Well, not necessarily a Cleric. I can handle them with Disciple, which is apparently the only class I can play. But I digress.)

What do you mean by "illegal leveling?" As in people building mob traps to hit them repeatedly?

The thing is, people are going to do that regardless, they're already building boss mob traps to deal lots of damage at no cost to themselves.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
The bleed effect was way out of proportion, especially since it didn't require a mob to actually land a hit. Thank you for reducing it by about 80% and making it a % on-hit chance.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
So just for clarification is the bleed still applied even if the mob doesn't hit you? I strongly think it should only be that case

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
So just for clarification is the bleed still applied even if the mob doesn't hit you? I strongly think it should only be that case
It gives you bleed when it takes damage. I'm fine with it since bleed proc chance got lowered

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
(Well, not necessarily a Cleric. I can handle them with Disciple, which is apparently the only class I can play. But I digress.)

What do you mean by "illegal leveling?" As in people building mob traps to hit them repeatedly?

The thing is, people are going to do that regardless, they're already building boss mob traps to deal lots of damage at no cost to themselves.
They were made to stop illegal leveling and disciple has enough heals to kill them