• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Myriad of issues with current Heaven's Gate

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
Since the launch of Heaven's Gate earlier in the evening as of the time of writing, I've been seeing a wide array of problems with the dungeons, leveling, mobs, and a few general logical errors, and I am certain that many well-respected community veterans would back me up after experiencing the new dungeons themselves today.
Lore-wise, the dungeons are fantastic, sprawling masterpieces of design and architecture by Minecraft standards, from forgotten land dominated by massive trees to palaces of grand liches, but how are we to defeat a lich reliably if we take around a minute and 30 seconds to defeat a simply minion, a minion for Tier 4 dungeons at that? How are we to gain new skills if said minions are mobs only drop 30 experience? A stated oversight of the dungeons by one of the coders (I forget whom) is that left click attacks and arrows do not scale as skills do, so essentially the only classes that can deal damage well are caster classes to the dismay of melee classes and healer classes everywhere. This makes it at the time an absolute chore to fight even a single mob.
Speaking of the new mobs, I've noticed glitches involving the new special attacks the mobs possess. While it not only is aggravating to players that they are hit for seemingly no reason from 7 blocks away, thus taking away skill and making Herocraft into more of a Tank'n'Heal grinding experience. Furthermore, the mob attacks are broken in that under certain circumstances, they will keep spamming those attacks up to 7 times, making it impossible to approach them to fight in close quarters.
However, the largest issue by far is the changes to EXP and the amount of experience each mob gives you. From level 1-60, the number of experience has changed from 100 thousand to 1 million, ten times the requirement to cap a single Tier 1 class. Now, maybe this wouldn't be so much of an issue if the mobs gave experience based on the dungeon you go to in order to accommodate that (3 exp early 1-10, 10 exp 11-20, hundreds of EXP in 51-60 dungeons) but no, instead the mob that it takes you minutes to kill only gives a measly 60 or so EXP. This is one of the worst decisions I've seen in Herocraft, because while I could see why the EXP table was changed to make sure new players or low-level players can get to middle levels fast, it falls flat on its face due to not giving enough EXP. If this is not fixed soon, I could see many veterans simply stopping playing dungeons as well as new players being so absolutely daunted that they leave the server.
I ask that you take into account the complaints and recommendations of the community and respond in kind.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Since the launch of Heaven's Gate earlier in the evening as of the time of writing, I've been seeing a wide array of problems with the dungeons, leveling, mobs, and a few general logical errors, and I am certain that many well-respected community veterans would back me up after experiencing the new dungeons themselves today.
Lore-wise, the dungeons are fantastic, sprawling masterpieces of design and architecture by Minecraft standards, from forgotten land dominated by massive trees to palaces of grand liches, but how are we to defeat a lich reliably if we take around a minute and 30 seconds to defeat a simply minion, a minion for Tier 4 dungeons at that? How are we to gain new skills if said minions are mobs only drop 30 experience? A stated oversight of the dungeons by one of the coders (I forget whom) is that left click attacks and arrows do not scale as skills do, so essentially the only classes that can deal damage well are caster classes to the dismay of melee classes and healer classes everywhere. This makes it at the time an absolute chore to fight even a single mob.
Speaking of the new mobs, I've noticed glitches involving the new special attacks the mobs possess. While it not only is aggravating to players that they are hit for seemingly no reason from 7 blocks away, thus taking away skill and making Herocraft into more of a Tank'n'Heal grinding experience. Furthermore, the mob attacks are broken in that under certain circumstances, they will keep spamming those attacks up to 7 times, making it impossible to approach them to fight in close quarters.
However, the largest issue by far is the changes to EXP and the amount of experience each mob gives you. From level 1-60, the number of experience has changed from 100 thousand to 1 million, ten times the requirement to cap a single Tier 1 class. Now, maybe this wouldn't be so much of an issue if the mobs gave experience based on the dungeon you go to in order to accommodate that (3 exp early 1-10, 10 exp 11-20, hundreds of EXP in 51-60 dungeons) but no, instead the mob that it takes you minutes to kill only gives a measly 60 or so EXP. This is one of the worst decisions I've seen in Herocraft, because while I could see why the EXP table was changed to make sure new players or low-level players can get to middle levels fast, it falls flat on its face due to not giving enough EXP. If this is not fixed soon, I could see many veterans simply stopping playing dungeons as well as new players being so absolutely daunted that they leave the server.
I ask that you take into account the complaints and recommendations of the community and respond in kind.
Greetings,
I know forums are a new thing for some people so I'll be gentle.

Try to make your points clear and concise and make sure that each idea is separated by paragraphs or bullets. So that the reader isnt faced with a "wall of text".

We've made several adjustments to this update by scaling weps, skills and arrows to do more each damage each level, please try again and let us know what you think!