• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

My endless attempts at solving "Out of Memory" for my junkie pc. :)

IXMessyXI

Iron
Alright, so I'm aware of the whole deal with the memory crash, it's simply due to a lack of memory/ram. Pretty much my system only has 2gb ram, very unideal. As well is a 32-bit, only allowing a limit of 1gb max to be limited on Minecraft through the technic/spout launchers.

I have a theory as to why memory continues to build up and build up in minecraft/java: As your travel through the world, it will save the block data (Or cashe it) as you pass it by. In theory this would be ideal as it would allow for faster loading if you were to pass by and load it all again, but this can also lead to a memory leak and cause it to eventually suck up too much, resulting ultimately in a "Out of memory" crash.

Now to the purpose as to why I made this thread.

I could upgrade my system but due to current circumstances I've been handed the short end of the stick and am unable to do so. I was hoping, and wondering if anybody has made a work around for this issue, I use no texture packs, I've tried going all out max-graphic settings and also made the settings to go the lowest possible through.... I forget the mod which comes with technic, but it allows you to lower a lot more settings... optifine I think it is? As well I've attempted in making a .bat file, which was a successful launch, but did not resolve my issue still.

Anyways, please if anybody knows of any fix to this, please I ask that you help me as it is really ruining my over all gameplay in Herocraft, and I really enjoy playing this.

(My only current option is to relaunch my game whenever I experience lag, which usually just takes 5-10 minutes.)

Thank you all!