• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Multiple Instances of Mob Arenas

0xChase

Stone
For example, a Sewers 1, Sewers 2, and Sewers 3; these instances would be exactly identical to each other. This way, if one fills up or is in progress and won't end soon, and there is another group of people who want to play in that MA, they can just join a separate instance of it.

This would:
- Eliminate issues of people having to sit around and wait upwards of 10 minutes to get into a mob arena;
- Effectively allow people to play in whichever mob arena they wish to;
- Allow groups of close friends or town members to play in a separate mob arena with a pre-arranged team that they want to try without being forced to play with other people.

Additionally, you could even make it so that certain instances of an MA will only allow pre-partied groups to join, while others will not. That would be another way to make it so that solo players will be able to group up with other solo players, while pre-arranged groups of players will be able to play without interference from random players. This part isn't really that important though: I think just having multiple instances would be enough. Food for thought.

It would make MAs much more efficient, accessible, and overall more entertaining. I don't see any downsides for it, aside from making space to build the other instances of an MA in. I'm sure there is somewhere they could fit, though.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Minecraft doesn't have an instance mechanic, so they would have to copy, paist, and add the MAs manually.

They should make Sewer 1, Sewer 2, Sewer Solo 1, Sewer Solo 2... ect.

0xChase

Stone
Minecraft doesn't have an instance mechanic, so they would have to copy, paist, and add the MAs manually.

They should make Sewer 1, Sewer 2, Sewer Solo 1, Sewer Solo 2... ect.

That's what I meant. They wouldn't actually be instanced, but there would be multiple copies of each MA in the world that you would get ported to when you join it.

0xChase

Stone
I think this was the point of having more than 1 MA. There's 6 or 7 now...

But some people like specific ones more than others, or play better on certain MAs. Some MAs, such as Jungle, are more difficult due to the layout of the room, and so many people have preferences on which one they want to join. This doesn't seem too hard to implement, and would give people the freedom to play on whichever MA they wish to. There are also still times when all 6 MAs are full—when you also take into account the fact that this happens even after a large portion of players have updated to 1.2 and thus cannot play on the server, MAs start to seem a little crowded.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
But some people like specific ones more than others, or play better on certain MAs. Some MAs, such as Jungle, are more difficult due to the layout of the room, and so many people have preferences on which one they want to join. This doesn't seem too hard to implement, and would give people the freedom to play on whichever MA they wish to. There are also still times when all 6 MAs are full—when you also take into account the fact that this happens even after a large portion of players have updated to 1.2 and thus cannot play on the server, MAs start to seem a little crowded.

That's their problem.

Try new things.