• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Monthly Check In -- why are players not staying?

I'm not an "older player". My oldest name on this server, XARXU, isn't even a year old, and I'm usually too swamped with work and IRL obligations to play the game.

I am one of the "authentic noobs" mentioned in this thread. Believe me, if I didn't have balls of steel, I'd have quit along with the others.
I really need to elaborate more... When I say noob, I mean new player. By new player, I mean someone who has just joined the server. By someone who has just joined the server, I mean someone with little to no knowledge of the plugins and absolutely no relationships with any of the server's members.

You don't fit into that category. You're not a noob, you're just a player.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Tbh the only reason I even lurk now is because this community is awesome. I bathe in the cancerous toxic because it's fun as hell just to go into O chat and casually throw kys's at @MunchlaxHero and @Ice because we're all bae (ps kys). If people don't agree with someone else's attitude, then they're going to have a bad time if that someone is gud at le leftclicks. People have to realize that it's all one giant sarcasm pool if they want to stick around.

@Maximillion_V_Midn Hell yeah most of what we say and do is jail time irl, but this isn't real life now is it? If people want to flaunt their E-peens, let them do it. Also Fromsoftware has made some good games that revolve around get gud or die. I'd know, I've beaten all of them and two of them without dying.

I didn't get it either when I was starting out. When I hit the two year mark and started mingling ('n getting slightly gay with) the pvp croud, I realized that they're not assholes. They're just really, really sarcastic assholes who are generally really fun to be around.

Really the only way to change this is to just replace the entire community at this point.
But if you did that, it just wouldn't be Herocraft anymore.

Last edited:

Ice

Heroes Never Die
Tbh the only reason I even lurk now is because this community is awesome. I bathe in the cancerous toxic because it's fun as hell just to go into O chat and casually throw kys's at @MunchlaxHero and @Ice because we're all bae (ps kys). If people don't agree with someone else's attitude, then they're going to have a bad time if that someone is gud at le leftclicks. People have to realize that it's all one giant sarcasm pool if they want to stick around.

@Maximillion_V_Midn Hell yeah most of what we say and do is jail time irl, but this isn't real life now is it? If people want to flaunt their E-peens, let them do it. Also Fromsoftware has made some good games that revolve around get gud or die. I'd know, I've beaten all of them and two of them without dying.

I didn't get it either when I was starting out. When I hit the two year mark and started mingling ('n getting slightly gay with) the pvp croud, I realized that they're not assholes. They're just really, really sarcastic assholes who are generally really fun to be around.

Really the only way to change this is to just replace the entire community at this point.
But if you did that, it just wouldn't be Herocraft anymore.
Kys love u too boo

"get gud or die" doesn't apply here. This is "die, die, die, die, and lose everything, and die some more".

I understand you not grasping what's happening here. You have been provided an opportunity to, despite all odds, make a name for yourself, acquire resources, and have a fighting chance. Sure, you might've struggled, but you had at least a 0.1% (or greater) chance to actually amass enough strength, experience and know-how to not have everything you get slip through your fingers every drop of a hat.

The rest of us do not, and it sucks that someone can be bullied into having a nasty reaction, then that "nasty reaction" is used by sickos to justify doing....well, what they were going to do anyway, but now have more ammo to use in continuing to behave inappropriately.

When I say noob, I mean new player.
Which applies.
By new player, I mean someone who has just joined the server.
That was me, when this all began. By logging in, I dipped my toe into a vat of toxic waste, and was burned by it. Having that cycle repeat itself, doesn't change my status.

By someone who has just joined the server, I mean someone with little to no knowledge of the plugins and absolutely no relationships with any of the server's members.
Which also applies. If a few manipulative types can concoct some urban legend about "the XaRxU", then kudos for having a healthy imagination. I haven't heard these legends, I certainly haven't heard any of the gossip that seems to be traveling about, so I haven't been given sufficient means to debunk the rumors I've caught traces of.

You don't fit into that category. You're not a noob, you're just a player.
Wrong on all counts.

Just because I didn't quit with the other Newbs, doesn't mean I'm magically a "Vet" or a senior player. I was never given sufficient opportunity to learn the plugins, or to network, or build my list of acqaintances and friends. Continuing to throw myself against the wall that is the impossible odds for a legit newbie to gain any actual traction on Herocraft, does not mean I "have history".

The history you think I have resulted not from me coming on the server, going "can i haz aminz", or "wich klass iz betr", but from me simply defending another newb from a Vet's hazing, and - henceforth - having the sights of sickos locked onto me, and having people with poor arguments justify the treatment I - and many others, whose testimonies have been seen in the past couple of months - have to endure.

I keep seeing you, and other people, declare that I should just kiss the feet of every freak who wants to torture newbs, walk with my head down, and lay on my back submissively when targeted by predators, just to avoid losing everything (or, verbatim, "stop letting on that it's affecting you", when it's actually preventing me from playing the game). I even occasionally get a "get gud or die" remark, but that isn't actually possible.

Y'see, you keep making this about me, when there are CLEARLY a crapton of other people who are getting put through this. You and others like you keep yelling "THIS DOESNT HAPPEN THAT OFTEN", even as everyone else is talking about how IT IS happening. That indicates, to me, an outright refusal to accept reality for what it is.

You're not really giving me much to work with, here.

Last edited:
Also, let me please say this here and now, as this is another instance of me not getting where people come from with some of their uninspired quips and remarks:

Vets and Senior players (who aren't targeted by this, and are only speaking for whom THEY target) yelling "this doesn't happen that often" doesn't change that it does. I can't imagine, for the life of me, how they would know whether it does or not, as they no longer belong to that demographic, and they are not experiencing it - in full - as newbies presently are. The most frequent case, is they think "well, I don't know of anybody doing this", so they imagine that it doesn't happen, and their posts reflect that assumption being portrayed as fact.

Believe me, I have done my part, to try and be a Guide and Mentor to newer players - if only to shield them from the toxic remarks, harassment and hazing of what seems like the ENTIRE server - but it's hard to do that when you're getting targeted for it.

It seems like ANYTHING a non-Staff does to try and help newbies not go back the way they came, just gets them targeted by T2-Campers. "Bully the weak, and bully anyone who HELPS the weak" is the message that is coming across from this behavior.

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
Also, let me please say this here and now, as this is another instance of me not getting where people come from with some of their uninspired quips and remarks:

Vets and Senior players (who aren't targeted by this, and are only speaking for whom THEY target) yelling "this doesn't happen that often" doesn't change that it does. I can't imagine, for the life of me, how they would know whether it does or not, as they no longer belong to that demographic, and they are not experiencing it - in full - as newbies presently are. The most frequent case, is they think "well, I don't know of anybody doing this", so they imagine that it doesn't happen, and their posts reflect that assumption being portrayed as fact.

Believe me, I have done my part, to try and be a Guide and Mentor to newer players - if only to shield them from the toxic remarks, harassment and hazing of what seems like the ENTIRE server - but it's hard to do that when you're getting targeted for it.

It seems like ANYTHING a non-Staff does to try and help newbies not go back the way they came, just gets them targeted by T2-Campers. "Bully the weak, and bully anyone who HELPS the weak" is the message that is coming across from this behavior.
I haven't really read any stuff after the first posts because I kinda disagreed with it all but here's what I have to say.

Every noob needs to join a town for a safe haven. When you tried to join Ritz's town you got tricked and killed.

In all my time on Herocraft this is one of the only times this has happened and I'll tell you why.

Because you can't let things go. Many people on this forum have told you that. When you whine and complain 24/7 everyone will hate you.

Here's my recommendation, get off the forums. You are making a reputation for yourself that isn't good. No one will listen to you unless they respect you, which right now no one does. You need to stop and try to fit in.

Jackrox256

Obsidian

Christ all mighty, (As an atheist I hope you know that is a big phrase for me), all I am seeing from you is the same routine. You have made your point over and over and over and over with different words.

Just to cement this to you: People are not saying noobs don't get killed often, people aren't saying that toxicity isn't a problem. People ARE saying you are exaggerating the issue. People ARE saying you are mingling your personal experience and making a blanket statement on the state of the entire server.

You are telling us you haven't even had the chance to learn the plugin, which hints and low play time, and then continuing on to say you can't make any friends. Of course you can't make friends if you aren't willing to put some time into the server. Of course you can't make friends if all you do is spout everything negative.

Honestly, dude, you aren't making any more points for the benefit of this thread. If you really feel the need to vent, make a new thread. Cause at the moment, that is all that you are doing.

But hell, maybe I am wrong. Maybe it is a bad as you say. If that is the case, find noobies you notice have the same problem and direct them to this thread. Tell them to tell us their experience and issues. But for the love of god don't tell them to make the same 'woe is me' routine. It's annoying.

I haven't really read any stuff after the first posts because I kinda disagreed with it all but here's what I have to say.

Every noob needs to join a town for a safe haven. When you tried to join Ritz's town you got tricked and killed.

In all my time on Herocraft this is one of the only times this has happened and I'll tell you why.

Because you can't let things go. Many people on this forum have told you that. When you whine and complain 24/7 everyone will hate you.

Here's my recommendation, get off the forums. You are making a reputation for yourself that isn't good. No one will listen to you unless they respect you, which right now no one does. You need to stop and try to fit in.

Larry just posted this as I was writing, too. +1.

Imma put in a little information for the noobs, this is a HARDCORE server,
468x60x37421.jpg.pagespeed.ic.PwB0r0S2KV.webp

Now this does not mean camp noobs or be toxic, it means gameplay is hard, pvp is on almost everywhere, I can't understand how noobs are getting camped though, they aren't respawning right where they died, if the player is running back to their death chest, i don't see it as camping. The player is running to the fight. And dont say the noobs are getting camped because of the herogates because there is a random tp. Its up to the player to pick the best way to survive, if they think that running back to where there are people who want to kill you is the best way to survive its not camping.There is probably one execption in my mind (for noobs). You have a little hut somewhere out in the wilderness, unclaimed, unprotected, no lwcs. You go to your home to unload some items from a dungeon grind, or a long days mine. And boop your killed. You recall to your home hoping to protect your stuff. You see they are in your chests, but quickly you die again. Now you run back (recall is on CD). you can tell they already looted your chest, but they sit there waiting for your first death chest. You quickly die again. This time you just give up and let your death chest lose protection, and they steal those items. You decide to go home thinking they wont stay any longer there's nothing to take. But your wrong they stay. Just to kill you and they stay longer just to kill you. That is what i would consider camping not the, waiting on death chest, but the after party where they just want to see you die. So someone tell me how these noobs are getting camped. Now @Maximillion_V_Midn you are getting harrassed, and im sorry to hear this, but you aren't making it easy to sympathize with you when you start acting like a feminazi who gets triggered just by a man giving her a passing glance. You are exaggerating in many cases and acting as if your personal experience is synonyms with everyone else. If you aren't a dipshit and actually think about how you are gonna do somthing you aren't gonna have as much of an issue but this is a HARDCORE server. Chances are you will die

Now @Maximillion_V_Midn you are getting harrassed, and im sorry to hear this, but you aren't making it easy to sympathize with you when you start acting like a feminazi who gets triggered just by a man giving her a passing glance.

I don't get your reference. The stereotypical "Feminazi" twists every word, or action done by a male, into something sinister and degrading. If my situation were converted into your analogy of a "Feminazi", we'd be talking about a "Feminazi" who actually has legitimately been discriminated against, and has been harmed by males who sought her out because she was female, and thereby physically incapable of holding her own against that group of males.

Whether or not you agree that things occurred as I've said they have, I provided screenshots and logs, at the time of each occurrance, to back up my claims. That isn't even the issue, though, so I don't know why people are ducking the issue of Vet-on-Newb abuse, just to keep going "Xarxu this", and "Xarxu that" over and over, even if not in so many words.

You are exaggerating in many cases and acting as if your personal experience is synonyms with everyone else.

I'm acting like the other player testimonies we have all read are similar - if not, in some cases, identical - to my own experiences. Which they are, as you will see as you browse more threads around the forum.

If you aren't a dipshit and actually think about how you are gonna do somthing you aren't gonna have as much of an issue
I feel like this is about where communication breaks down. I, like every other human being, have a particular set of strengths and weaknesses, and one of my strengths is that I AM intelligent. How intelligent (or unintelligent) is up to formal testing (and individual bias) to estimate, but that does not take away from the fact that I have tested numerous scenarios on Herocraft, to see "If I did A, what would happen", and "If I did B, or C, what would happen" all the way to "Well, damn, D-through-Z didn't work either, I'm running out of things to try".

Instead of having people argue and claim (wrongly) that this isn't happening to newbies, or that newbies are to blame for the discrimination against them by Vets... I want to be told how we can make it so everyone gets a shot at learning the system, before they're smashed into the ground repeatedly.

In other words, in order to remain on-topic with Kainzo's original post, imagine - even if you have to treat it as purely hypothetical - that this is happening, that we have trouble retaining new players, and that we want to find ways to keep them around.

Plenty of people have spoken up in this thread, and others, saying that this is happening to more people than just me, so any argument that I am the sole 'beneficiary' of this kind of treatment is unfounded and moot.

I would really like to see fewer replies that go "this doesn't happen" or "you're exaggerating", and more that - as the thread has asked us - offer suggestions of how Newbies can be supplied with the guidance, and the instruction, to be better-equipped to go into the world of Herocraft, and acquire for themselves the same resources, and the same opportunities players from 2012 have at their disposal.

this is a HARDCORE server. Chances are you will die

Do you think that being killed by T2 Vets with connections dating back as far as 2012 and 2013 and even 2014, is all we players from (more or less) 2016 and onwards should have to look forward to? We're talking people in groups of 8+ apiece, with 3+ years of history with each other, wielding an unfair advantage against newbs who join with none of that.

If you believe that this is all newbs should look forward to, this thread doesn't pertain to you, since it clearly asks us how we can retain newer players. If not, please suggest ways that newbies can look forward to (someday) enjoying the same privileges as the longer-standing members.

So.... if you really think my posts are off-topic, let me bring up the issues that KAINZO HIMSELF has acknowledged as being issues, and is seeking solutions for:

• High levels / Veterans are camping newbies off the server.
  • New players are unable to level without being killed.
The posts that are off-topic, are those going "THIS ISN'T HAPPENING" and "THIS ISN'T ACTUALLY AN ISSUE", so if we could get back on-focus, I'd appreciate it.

I will also make a more concentrated effort to not get sidetracked off of the main subject matter, too.

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm not an "older player". My oldest name on this server, XARXU, isn't even a year old, and I'm usually too swamped with work and IRL obligations to play the game.

I am one of the "authentic noobs" mentioned in this thread. Believe me, if I didn't have balls of steel, I'd have quit along with the others.
Can you stop spamming this part of the forums with your shitposting, ty.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
@j2gay I just realized why I loved the server so much when I first joined. This balance is what made the world come alive, and it kept the gameplay fresh day after day. I don't know where the balance collapsed, but your gaurd idea could definitely bring it back into play.
Thank you. I think we both joined around the same time and that is exactly the atmosphere I would like to rekindle. I would hope that one day the guard could be scaled back or even eliminated and that role filled by the good towns again. However right now there just aren't enough players willing to play on the good side to combat all the bad that is happening

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Since you asked, I will tell you, same as the others in this thread are doing.

High levels / Veterans are camping newbies off the server.

Ban the offenders. A week or so ought to get the message across. Bullies don't understand anything short of being slapped around themselves, and when they hold the highest ranks and buffs in the game....only a KICK or BAN will do.

I mean, hell, I am pretty new, in terms of how long I've been around, and how much in-game play I've seen, and all it took was defending a Newbie being ridiculed in Chat to be Spam-Bountied from then up to now.

New players are unable to level without being killed.
New players don't understand the systems
  • I think this is less a matter of them not reading, or having comprehension problems....and more that they cannot apply what they have learned, due to the excessive camping, terrorism and hazing that the Vets do to a large majority of new players.
The systems are too complex.
  • I agree with Kainzo, I don't think the systems are too complex; people just aren't being given an opportunity to truly LEARN the System.
There is little high-end past max level. (another example of behavior that makes Newbies turn back the way they came)
  • No stake on this, as I haven't been left alone long enough to level that much, and everyone who offers me a place in their Town has got me out to the Wilderness, and killed my character.
Chat is Toxic and deters people from Role Play or joining into conversations
  • Chat is toxic, 90%+ of the time, because BEHAVIORS IN-GAME are toxic. PvP is unchivalrous, people use the Plugins in unethical ways (such as keeping Bounties on the same people, over and over, for MONTHS ON END, just to see them get upset <aka TOXIC players causing much of the above issues brought up above>)
There's too much inflation with little need to actually spend coins.
  • Another thing that sounds like a problem for people who have been on the server more than a handful of years, and have actually had an opportunity to harvest and keep gear and goods.
Here's a big one:

THE BOUNTY SYSTEM IS BEING USED TO HAZE & REPEL NEW PLAYERS
  • I have seen cycling bounties on people who JUST joined the site. Did I mention I was one of those players, who has had cycling bounties on him since Fall of 2015?
  • The Cooldown for Bounties should be something closer to 24 hours, to prevent abuse. This still allows toxic players to put a Bounty out each day, but at least newer/weaker players can look forward to actually PLAYING HEROCRAFT after the first Bounty is placed on us at login.

Want to know why you've heard less and less about this problem?

It's because most of the victims have quit. Nobody wants hear "Hey, I will show you where my town is", or "Hey, I can show you a good place to mine", or "Stupid noob. Consider yourself bountied".

What is there to do on Herocraft, when you're prevented from Mining, Leveling, Acquiring (and keeping) Soul Shards and really establishing yourself?

Where is the drive to do so, when you distrust ANYTHING people say to you, because everyone LIES just to get you to the Wilderness, then to stab you in the back for your gear, and drain you of your EXP.

Believe it or not, my situation IS NOT as the worst offenders are alleging (claiming I did some atrocious thing to warrant being bullied)...

I, as a newbie in Fall of 2015, joined Herocraft. After going through the Starter Area, READING ALL OF THE SIGNS AND INFORMATION, I went into the game...

And I got camped right outside of the Spawn...
And I got bountied, for defending another newcomer who was getting hazed....
And I *KEPT* getting Bountied, every day since...
And my aggressors' actions were justified, saying "it's because you complain", which in effect says "bullying is okay, if you muster the courage to speak on prior bullying prior".
You seem like the type of guy to play Dark Souls and complain about getting invaded but refusing to play offline. If PvP, a large part of the server, is too much for you, go build a treehouse in singleplayer or something.

Ice

Heroes Never Die
See if you would really want to play the game @Maximillion_V_Midn I would suggest not provoking people. Keep your head low, stop the shitposting, and just try to nurture relations.

Although I doubt someone would acquaint themselves with the "shitposter of HeroCraft." Maybe a new name change is in order.

Players don't get camped or bullied when they hop right on the server. If they do some stupid shit like spamming in caps in tour you bet your ass the first person who got annoyed by them will slaughter them the minute they're out into PvP. Then the new player will usually complain in caps again etc... and leave the server. Which is fine. We don't need those kind of people in the community.

Your case is like that. Instead of being a new player, however, you haven't learned your lesson and are constantly being annoying and provoking people. Your "freedom fight" is a huge joke and it's kinda funny actually. At the end of the day it's a goddamn Minecraft server. Get over yourself. And just like my point above, we don't need people like you in our community.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't get your reference. The stereotypical "Feminazi" twists every word, or action done by a male, into something sinister and degrading. If my situation were converted into your analogy of a "Feminazi", we'd be talking about a "Feminazi" who actually has legitimately been discriminated against, and has been harmed by males who sought her out because she was female, and thereby physically incapable of holding her own against that group of males.

Whether or not you agree that things occurred as I've said they have, I provided screenshots and logs, at the time of each occurrance, to back up my claims. That isn't even the issue, though, so I don't know why people are ducking the issue of Vet-on-Newb abuse, just to keep going "Xarxu this", and "Xarxu that" over and over, even if not in so many words.

I'm acting like the other player testimonies we have all read are similar - if not, in some cases, identical - to my own experiences. Which they are, as you will see as you browse more threads around the forum.

I feel like this is about where communication breaks down. I, like every other human being, have a particular set of strengths and weaknesses, and one of my strengths is that I AM intelligent. How intelligent (or unintelligent) is up to formal testing (and individual bias) to estimate, but that does not take away from the fact that I have tested numerous scenarios on Herocraft, to see "If I did A, what would happen", and "If I did B, or C, what would happen" all the way to "Well, damn, D-through-Z didn't work either, I'm running out of things to try".

Instead of having people argue and claim (wrongly) that this isn't happening to newbies, or that newbies are to blame for the discrimination against them by Vets... I want to be told how we can make it so everyone gets a shot at learning the system, before they're smashed into the ground repeatedly.

In other words, in order to remain on-topic with Kainzo's original post, imagine - even if you have to treat it as purely hypothetical - that this is happening, that we have trouble retaining new players, and that we want to find ways to keep them around.

Plenty of people have spoken up in this thread, and others, saying that this is happening to more people than just me, so any argument that I am the sole 'beneficiary' of this kind of treatment is unfounded and moot.

I would really like to see fewer replies that go "this doesn't happen" or "you're exaggerating", and more that - as the thread has asked us - offer suggestions of how Newbies can be supplied with the guidance, and the instruction, to be better-equipped to go into the world of Herocraft, and acquire for themselves the same resources, and the same opportunities players from 2012 have at their disposal.

Do you think that being killed by T2 Vets with connections dating back as far as 2012 and 2013 and even 2014, is all we players from (more or less) 2016 and onwards should have to look forward to? We're talking people in groups of 8+ apiece, with 3+ years of history with each other, wielding an unfair advantage against newbs who join with none of that.

If you believe that this is all newbs should look forward to, this thread doesn't pertain to you, since it clearly asks us how we can retain newer players. If not, please suggest ways that newbies can look forward to (someday) enjoying the same privileges as the longer-standing members.

So.... if you really think my posts are off-topic, let me bring up the issues that KAINZO HIMSELF has acknowledged as being issues, and is seeking solutions for:

• High levels / Veterans are camping newbies off the server.
  • New players are unable to level without being killed.
The posts that are off-topic, are those going "THIS ISN'T HAPPENING" and "THIS ISN'T ACTUALLY AN ISSUE", so if we could get back on-focus, I'd appreciate it.

I will also make a more concentrated effort to not get sidetracked off of the main subject matter, too.
Most reasonable people understand that there are many undesirable behaviors taking place on the server and that the prevalence of such is effecting the server population in a negative way. Not only is the server having trouble retaining players, the players that are staying, or a very high percentage of them, are engaging in those same negative behaviors.

I have been playing HC on and off for over 4 years. I have been a guide, a proctor, and even Senior Architect. While I have not and do not engage in or even necessarily condone the behaviors you describe I am rational enough to know that you cannot fully eliminate them in an online game environment.

Furthermore I have seen times in the server where these behaviors added an interesting element to the gameplay.

The issue these days is that these behaviors have become too prevalent. When the very real possibility of PvP groups happening upon you causes you to strategize new ways to play and forces you to be constantly aware of your surroundings this adds a fun and interesting element to the game.

When the it becomes difficult for many players to be logged on for more than five minutes without being repeatedly stomped, chased, harassed, insulted, their crops destroyed, in many cases griefed (please don't anyone try to tell me this never happens because I experienced it first hand when I first joined) and just generally badgered by large groups of high level pvpers, it stops being interesting and starts becoming burdensome.

Max- You need to stop making this about you and your experience and start realizing that this is a business. No business can afford to turn away customers. Right now the server is being hurt by toxic behaviors driving players away. That needs to stop. However whatever remedy is developed to combat this needs to be built in such a way that it does not drive away the current player base. It will take both sides to make the server interesting.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
See if you would really want to play the game @Maximillion_V_Midn I would suggest not provoking people. Keep your head low, stop the shitposting, and just try to nurture relations.

Although I doubt someone would acquaint themselves with the "shitposter of HeroCraft." Maybe a new name change is in order.

Players don't get camped or bullied when they hop right on the server. If they do some stupid shit like spamming in caps in tour you bet your ass the first person who got annoyed by them will slaughter them the minute they're out into PvP. Then the new player will usually complain in caps again etc... and leave the server. Which is fine. We don't need those kind of people in the community.

Your case is like that. Instead of being a new player, however, you haven't learned your lesson and are constantly being annoying and provoking people. Your "freedom fight" is a huge joke and it's kinda funny actually. At the end of the day it's a goddamn Minecraft server. Get over yourself. And just like my point above, we don't need people like you in our community.
Except you do need those people in the community. And players do get harassed first thing on the server. Unfortunately most of them whine and complain in the chats hoping for help, not realizing that it is exactly the reaction the aggressors are hoping for. Many of the posts in this thread come down to the two sides not being able to understand the other and not being able to understand that they need each other.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Except you do need those people in the community. And players do get harassed first thing on the server. Unfortunately most of them whine and complain in the chats hoping for help, not realizing that it is exactly the reaction the aggressors are hoping for. Many of the posts in this thread come down to the two sides not being able to understand the other and not being able to understand that they need each other.
Nah we understand.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Looks like I struck a nerve

Truth. But, I think what the Newb Campers here are trying to do, is prove true an old addage:

Speak wisdom to a fool and he'll think you have no sense at all” ― Euripides.

I'm glad you see it for what it is, @j2gay, and aren't letting the spammer-trolls distract you from the truth. :)

JacobBurkey

Portal
Truth. But, I think what the Newb Campers here are trying to do, is prove true an old addage:

Speak wisdom to a fool and he'll think you have no sense at all” ― Euripides.

I'm glad you see it for what it is, @j2gay, and aren't letting the spammer-trolls distract you from the truth. :)
the fuck is wrong with you lol, there's a reason people camp you